Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't distrust Whedon. He's a better story teller

To me m, this is actually great news, let Whedon fix this shit.

Update: August 23, 2017

Rumor: Joss Whedon Cut Lex Luthor Scenes from JUSTICE LEAGUE

6UhjJL7.jpg

As rumors continue to swirl around the directorial shakeups and extensive reshoots on Justice League, we're now hearing that Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor may have had his scenes cut from the film.

Batman-On-Film's Bill "Jett" Ramey was answering fan mail and providing supposed insider knowledge of of what's happening with the DC Extended Universe, and one of the questions had to do with how big Eisenberg's role in Justice League is. According to Ramey: "He doesn’t have one. If he did prior to all the changes/reshoots, it was cut."

While this news isn't all that interesting in and of itself (it's not like Eisenberg had a lot of support for his version of Lex Luthor), it does raise more speculation about what kind of state Justice League is in right now.

In the last few weeks, we've heard more and more rurmors that suggest the initial reports about Joss Whedon's role stepping in for Zack Snyder weren't as minimal or smooth as Warner Bros. and DC Films tried to indicate.

There have been reports that hectic reshoot schedules and an inflating budget are being downplayed; that Whedon is actually doing significant reshoots to lighten the tone and will completely change the ending of the film. You even have stars like Ben Affleck going out in the press and calling the film "An interesting product of two directors."

Even though DC and Warner Bros. executives continue to try to sell the idea that everything is fine with Justice League, it seems that all the other rumors and evidence point to the contrary. If these reshoots go so far as cutting entire characters like Lex Luthor form the film, it certainly suggests that Whedon's Justice League is going to be significantly different than Snyder's.

Justice League Rumor Says Lex Luthor Scenes Have Been Cut

sounds like whedon is doing his best to come in and save everything

snyder is very good at cinematography and GOAT tier at action scenes but most of his movies are convoluted messes. if he was given screenplays without control of the overall story, he would be magic

there were so many visually stunning scenes of bvs and suckerpunch, but they didnt really come together imo

The Rock should have been cast as Lex Luthor. The man can act and has the charisma and body to play Luthor. Time for a new Alpha version of the Best villian in DC. Lex should be imposing physcially and intellectually imo.
If anyone needs a idea. Here is the Rock in a lex luthor's POWERsuit .

So wait, are reshoots happening currently?
Yep. The extensive reshoots are scheduled for 2 months more or less and reportedly cost $25 million. Here are some past headlines about the reshoots in case you're interested.

Update: July 24, 2017

JUSTICE LEAGUE Extensive Reshoots to Cost $25 Million and Causing Headaches for Star Schedules

7Vu03iq.jpg

Warner Bros. and DC are spending big money to ensure that “Justice League” builds on the creative success of “Wonder Woman” instead of serving up a “Suicide Squad”-style disappointment.

The studio, which had no comment on the scheduling trouble, is spending approximately $25 million on extensive reshoots that have dragged on for roughly two months in London and Los Angeles, according to multiple insiders. Like “The Avengers,” “Justice League” centers on a group of superheroes who band together to save the world. The ensemble nature of the comic book movie, and the fact that its cast includes several of the most in-demand actors working in Hollywood today, is creating scheduling headaches that have prolonged the shooting.

It’s standard for big Hollywood movies to schedule a few weeks of pick-up work, but the cost and time allotted to the work on “Justice League” is raising some eyebrows. Reshoots, or additional photography, to use the preferred studio nomenclature, traditionally cost between $6 million and $10 million, and rarely have to juggle so many competing schedules. They typically last a week or two.

Though stars like Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot, who play Batman and Wonder Woman, aren’t working on any other projects at the moment, enabling them to be on call for the filming, other cast members such as Ezra Miller and Henry Cavill have been scrambling to accommodate the additional photography.

Miller is reprising his “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” role in the film’s sequel, which started filming earlier this summer. Sources indicate that since that is also a Warner Bros. property, scheduling has been easier. The studio has gone out of its way to make him available, but his growing role in the world of wizarding series has made it difficult for him to suit up as the Flash on the same days that other co-stars are available.

Cavill’s issues are even more thorny. “Justice League’s” Man of Steel had expected to be able to finish shooting the sixth “Mission: Impossible” film before needing to don Superman’s spandex again. That has not been the case, however, as the new scenes that are being shot have required him to jump back and forth from each production. Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission: Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production. Paramount, which is distributing the “Mission: Impossible” sequel, would not allow Cavill to shave the facial hair while production was taking place.

Then there is the question of crediting. Joss Whedon has now spent months overseeing the project, but he will not receive a co-directing credit, according to an insider. Whedon stepped in to handle the reshoots and finish the film this spring after director Zack Snyder publicly excused himself from the project, following his daughter’s suicide in March. Whedon won’t just be rewarded with a fat paycheck. He may also get a producing credit or a screenplay credit. There’s some precedent. Tony Gilroy, who stepped in for director Gareth Edwards to oversee reshoots for “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” earned a screenwriting credit.

A similar problem exists for the Han Solo spinoff film. Last month, Disney and Lucasfilm fired directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller and replaced them with Ron Howard. It’s unclear if Howard will receive sole credit for shooting the film or will share it with his two predecessors.

Sources say “Justice League” reshoots have been used to punch up the dialogue. Whedon, the director of “The Avengers,” is well respected for his ability to create memorably wry exchanges between his characters. The set pieces Snyder shot are said to be usable, but Whedon has been working on “connective tissue” that was needed to link sequences.

“Justice League” is spending the kind of time and money on reshoots that mid-budget films would have to shoot an entire movie. However, this is no longer an anomaly. Major studio movies have become so complicated and expensive, and are often key parts in sprawling franchises, that companies will spend lavishly, even late in the production, to ensure that audiences come out in force.

“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and “World War Z” both had extensive reshoots, and went on to be commercially and critically successful. “Suicide Squad,” another DC film, also did a lot of extra filming with mixed results. The movie was a box office hit, but critics savaged the picture. Going forward, Warner Bros. has changed its greenlighting process. It will now factor weeks and millions of dollars of additional photography into the production budgets of its major comic book films, according to insiders. Other studios have made similar accommodations on their big-budget films.

The reports of re-shoots have alarmed some fans of the DC franchise. At San Diego Comic-Con last weekend, where sneak footage of the film earned a rock concert reception, the “Justice League” cast used its Hall H panel to downplay the extent of the additional photography.

“They’re brief if anything,” said Ray Fisher, who plays Cyborg. “Zack picked a great director to help clean up for us.”

Affleck also used the panel to shoot down a report that he was leaving the franchise.

“Batman is the coolest part in any universe — DC, Marvel,” he said. “It’s incredible.”

‘Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules (Exclusive)

Update: August 10, 2017

JUSTICE LEAGUE Reshoots to Lighten the Tone of the Film and Cyborg

cCzYepQ.jpg

News earlier this summer of extensive reshoots for Justice League may have been a surprise, but now one of the film's actors confirmed his participation in the additional filming as well as revealed that they changed the tone of one of the characters.

Joe Morton, who plays Cyborg's dad Dr. Silas Stone, told IGN that while he did reshoots with Joss Whedon the biggest adjustments were related specifically to the tone of Ray Fisher's Victor Stone, aka Cyborg.

"Well, the stuff that I had to do were just really small little bits and pieces, nothing necessarily having to do with tone. I know that with Ray, the young man who plays [Cyborg], there were some adjustments that they made in terms of the tone of that character,” Morton said.

As shown in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Cyborg’s origin is a little dark, with Dr. Stone using alien technology to create a body to save his son, a promising football player horribly injured in an accident that resulted in the loss of much of his body. Lightening Cyborg’s tone might have last impact on the character’s trajectory, but according to Morton leaves the overall tone of the film intact.

Morton did admit, however, that he heard the goal of the reshoots were to lighten the tone of the film.

"I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark. I don't know what that meant in terms of how it actually got translated in terms of the reshoots but that's what I heard. That's what I thought some of the reshoots were about," Morton said.

Avengers director Joss Whedon stepped in when Zack Snyder unexpected stepped back from Justice League following the death of his daughter Autumn. Warner Bros. has stressed that any additional shooting had been ordered by Snyder prior to his departure, but this reveal about Cyborg and tone sounds like Whedon's involvement may be more extensive.

Justice League: Joss Whedon's Reshoots Are For A Lighter Tone

Update: August 23, 2017

Rumor: Joss Whedon Cut Lex Luthor Scenes from JUSTICE LEAGUE

6UhjJL7.jpg

As rumors continue to swirl around the directorial shakeups and extensive reshoots on Justice League, we're now hearing that Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor may have had his scenes cut from the film.

Batman-On-Film's Bill "Jett" Ramey was answering fan mail and providing supposed insider knowledge of of what's happening with the DC Extended Universe, and one of the questions had to do with how big Eisenberg's role in Justice League is. According to Ramey: "He doesn’t have one. If he did prior to all the changes/reshoots, it was cut."

While this news isn't all that interesting in and of itself (it's not like Eisenberg had a lot of support for his version of Lex Luthor), it does raise more speculation about what kind of state Justice League is in right now.

In the last few weeks, we've heard more and more rurmors that suggest the initial reports about Joss Whedon's role stepping in for Zack Snyder weren't as minimal or smooth as Warner Bros. and DC Films tried to indicate.

There have been reports that hectic reshoot schedules and an inflating budget are being downplayed; that Whedon is actually doing significant reshoots to lighten the tone and will completely change the ending of the film. You even have stars like Ben Affleck going out in the press and calling the film "An interesting product of two directors."

Even though DC and Warner Bros. executives continue to try to sell the idea that everything is fine with Justice League, it seems that all the other rumors and evidence point to the contrary. If these reshoots go so far as cutting entire characters like Lex Luthor form the film, it certainly suggests that Whedon's Justice League is going to be significantly different than Snyder's.

Justice League Rumor Says Lex Luthor Scenes Have Been Cut

Just another WTF moment for DC.

I'm torn; on one hand, Jessie Eisenberg was dreadful casting for LL and I'm glad he's missing.

On the other hand, we'll not have one of DC's premier villains, Lex Luthor, appearing in a JL movie, which is ridiculous.

Just another WTF moment for DC.

I'm torn; on one hand, Jessie Eisenberg was dreadful casting for LL and I'm glad he's missing.

On the other hand, we'll not have one of DC's premier villains, Lex Luthor, appearing in a JL movie, which is ridiculous.
It's interesting that Luthor was apparently excised from the movie entirely, rather than have his performance modified during the reshoots.

Sounds like a lot more than "tone lightening" going on.

The Rock should have been cast as Lex Luthor. The man can act and has the charisma and body to play Luthor. Time for a new Alpha version of the Best villian in DC. Lex should be imposing physcially and intellectually imo.
If anyone needs a idea. Here is the Rock in a lex luthor's POWERsuit .

The guy can act but barely. He just acts like himself in every movie. Gridiron Gang was his best acting work. And people shit on will Smith for acting like will Smith in his movies lol.

Update: August 30, 2017

Joss Whedon Officially Gets a Writing Credit for JUSTICE LEAGUE

2ZSjbei.jpg

It’s official: Joss Whedon will receive a writer credit on Warner Bros.’ Justice League. The former Marvel movie-maker stirred things up earlier this year when it was reported that he’d be stepping in for Zack Snyder, who had to depart the film due to family issues.

That news, coupled with the film’s reshoots that have been kept behind a veil of mystery and rumor, led many fans to wonder not only what the finished product of Justice League would look like, but who would be getting the lion’s share of the creative credit.

Now, it’s officially confirmed that Snyder is still receiving his directing and writing credit, along with co-writer Chris Terrio, with Whedon now receiving a writing credit as well. How much of Whedon’s work comprised the script–and how much of Terrio/Snyder’s existing material was excised–remains to be seen, just as it’s unclear how extensive these reshoots and Whedon’s directorial involvement really are. Are we talking about a 10% change or 50%?

[Update: Actually, it’s more than 33%, according to the WGA which oversees such things; hat tip to Steven E. de Souza who knows a thing or two about it.]

‘Justice League’ Officially Gives Joss Whedon His Writing Credit [Updated]

Update: August 30, 2017

Joss Whedon Officially Gets a Writing Credit for JUSTICE LEAGUE

2ZSjbei.jpg

It’s official: Joss Whedon will receive a writer credit on Warner Bros.’ Justice League. it’s more than 33%, according to the WGA

‘Justice League’ Officially Gives Joss Whedon His Writing Credit [Updated]

Jesus, that's a pretty significant chunk of the film. This does not bode well for the film, honestly. Could be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. Snyder struggles to write a coherent story on his own anyway and the crappiness of a film tends to increase exponentially with an increase in writers. We'll see in November.

Why are there never any good rumors lmao?

It's interesting that Luthor was apparently excised from the movie entirely, rather than have his performance modified during the reshoots.

Sounds like a lot more than "tone lightening" going on.

Adios Kooky Lex. Don't lex the door hit you on the way out.

I don't distrust Whedon. He's a better story teller

Better than Snyder? Maybe. But a good storyteller at the end of the day? Not really, I don't think.

The only thing he's ever done that I actually ended up really liking was Cabin in the Woods, and he was only the writer for that project.

Plus, he just looks like an asshole.

If they cut LL's scenes it makes me wonder if they'll recast the role. I realize his scenes may have just not fit in the story, but i'd bet it's more because of Eisenberg's spazzy Lex.

If they cut LL's scenes it makes me wonder if they'll recast the role. I realize his scenes may have just not fit in the story, but i'd bet it's more because of Eisenberg's spazzy Lex.

It seems like DC is actually engaging in APPROPRIATE course correction after receiving feedback. Ridley Scott, take notes.

Better than Snyder? Maybe. But a good storyteller at the end of the day? Not really, I don't think.

The only thing he's ever done that I actually ended up really liking was Cabin in the Woods, and he was only the writer for that project.

Plus, he just looks like an asshole.
I'm guessing you're not a fan of the Buffy, Angel or Firefly TV series.

I thought the first Avengers was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back