Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: August 12, 2017

Rumor: JUSTICE LEAGUE Reshoots Ending to Remove the Arrival of Darkseid

Ry2gP4H.jpg

When Warner Bros. announced their DC Films slate, Justice League Part One and Justice League Part Two were among them. The mixed response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice brought a halt to plans to shoot them back to back but it appears as if Zack Snyder still planned on finishing the upcoming November release with a cliffhanger ending which would have set the stage for the sequel.

According to Slash Film, Justice League was supposed to end with Darkseid's arrival on Earth with the plan being for him to be the big bad in the follow-up. This was to be expected as Steppenwolf has always felt like a stepping stone to that iconic villain but that ending has now been totally scrapped.

Apparently, Wonder Woman star Robin Wright has been brought in for a flashback shedding more light on Steppenwolf's origin and the looming threat of Darkseid is being downplayed with the reshoots (presumably to keep the door open for a new villain to take centre stage in the sequel or to give Warner Bros. time to reassess where the franchise goes from here if Snyder doesn't make his return).

Joss Whedon Is Reshooting Justice League's Ending To Remove A Huge Cliffhanger

umm boo-urns I guess

Are they insinuating they may not use Darkseid at all now?

Yeah they probably don't know what they're doing and the whole Thanus thing probably has to do with it too

That says to me they don't have faith in this being a success and leading to a sequel.

They seem to be working toward a stand alone villain with him instead of one of Darkseids generals. Not good.

They probably don't want negative comparisons to Thanos at this time.

They probably don't want negative comparisons to Thanos at this time.

Thanos is, of course, a Darkseid rip-off. But casual fans have been seeing him in the MCU since the after credit scene of Avengers. They will probably make the incorrect assumption it's the other way around if DC debute him now.

It's still a stupid thing to do, of course. Darkseid should be their Big Bad. Have faith and make him even more awesome than Thanos.

Yeah they probably don't know what they're doing and the whole Thanus thing probably has to do with it too
My thoughts exactly. To the general public he might come off as Thanos copy.

I don't think Darkseid coming off as a Thanos copy is the problem so much as DC knowing in their own hearts that Marvel will execute Thanos better than they can hope to execute Darkseid.

They're capitulating to their own incompetence.

There gonna have an after credit scene where Darkseid is in his cosmic sanctuary staring into space, while a henchman updates him on events on earth.
He will then turn around and give an evil devious grin.

Then fade to black....
images-56.jpg
Brilliant!

There gonna have an after credit scene where Darkseid is in his cosmic sanctuary staring into space, while a henchman updates him on events on earth.

Then fade to black....
View attachment 261909
Brilliant!

Incredible!! Marvel won't know what hit them!

the looming threat of Darkseid is being downplayed with the reshoots (presumably to keep the door open for a new villain to take centre stage in the sequel or to give Warner Bros. time to reassess where the franchise goes from here if Snyder doesn't make his return).
{<huh}

What's the point of Steppenwolf and the Parademons then?

That's like introducing the Infinity Stones but not doing Thanos.

It makes sense that WB would want to avoid comparisons to Thanos, but they first put him in a MCU movie back in 2012 so it's not like no one knew Thanos was being built up.

Thanos is, of course, a Darkseid rip-off.
There's an interesting quotation by Jim Starlin about that

"Kirby had done the New Gods, which I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You'd think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said: "Beef him up! If you're going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!"[2]"

Let's be c

Then fade to black....
View attachment 261909
Brilliant!
I would welcome the Smugness of doing this and having Whedon attached .

{<huh}

What's the point of Steppenwolf and the Parademons then?

That's like introducing the Infinity Stones but not doing Thanos.

It makes sense that WB would want to avoid comparisons to Thanos, but they first put him in a MCU movie back in 2012 so it's not like no one knew Thanos was being built up.

It's like they don't have faith in the Character. I can understand the tetntativeness Darkseid like Thanos is going to need a lot of CGI to be close to his imposing form . For Marvel through the Movies they have already crafted Thanos' reputation in multiple movies while for Darkseid it's mostly from Comics and Cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back