Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: August 10, 2017

JUSTICE LEAGUE Concept Art and Details of Batman's Flying Fox Airship

000262316hr_full-length.jpg

Batman unites a team of metahumans—Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), the Flash (Ezra Miller), Cyborg (Ray Fisher)…and probably at least one not-quite-dead Kryptonian. They’re defending Earth from a cosmic threat. “He brings them to the Batcave and lets them in on the central conflict of the story, who the enemy is,” Affleck says. “There’s a little bit of a Magnificent Seven aspect to it.”

The new emphasis on working together is reflected visually by Batman’s niftiest new toy: the Flying Fox, a brutalist plane big enough to hold a whole cinematic universe of super-personalities. “You can put three Batmobiles in the lower part of it,” says production designer Patrick Tatopoulos (Batman v Superman). “I didn’t want to do a sleek airplane; it needed to feel like an extremely avant-garde classic. With the maneuverability of a jet—but it can actually carry things.”

Several things. Tatopoulos built a three-story interior set for the Fox. “The bottom part of the jet is a huge cargo bay, which the Batmobile sits in,” the designer says. “The second floor is like a cultural center, with computer terminals. The third story is the cockpit. Whatever floor you are on, you can see [the other] two stories.” The Fox has everything—except a place to brood in private, Batman.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/10/justice-league-batman-plane-flying-fox/

terrible design and lol @ batman flying around with something that has the Wayne Enterprise logo on it for the world to see.

terrible design and lol @ batman flying around with something that has the Wayne Enterprise logo on it for the world to see.

Superman: Did you put the Bruce Wayne logo on the Bat Plane?
Batman: I thought that was you.

Lol.

Batman got the idea from Lexcorp's aggressive superhero logo marketing campaign in BvS.

Caling it right now, with the Lord of Dragons Himself as my witness: the re-shoots will put more emphasis on Wonder Woman. Gadot is the biggest star the DCU has, by a huge margin. Her film was the only one so far that was able to stand and bang with the MCU heavyweights. Casual fans don't give a fuck about Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman or even Supes. They'll watch JL because they want to see Wonder Woman. Expect her to be the de facto leader of the team, not Batman.

Caling it right now, with the Lord of Dragons Himself as my witness: the re-shoots will put more emphasis on Wonder Woman. Gadot is the biggest star the DCU has, by a huge margin. Her film was the only one so far that was able to stand and bang with the MCU heavyweights. Casual fans don't give a fuck about Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman or even Supes. They'll watch JL because they want to see Wonder Woman. Expect her to be the de facto leader of the team, not Batman.
I read the reshoots all focus on Cyborg.

Just scrap everything and re-plan the entire universe.

Update: August 10, 2017

JUSTICE LEAGUE Concept Art and Details of Batman's Flying Fox Airship

000262316hr_full-length.jpg

Batman unites a team of metahumans—Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), the Flash (Ezra Miller), Cyborg (Ray Fisher)…and probably at least one not-quite-dead Kryptonian. They’re defending Earth from a cosmic threat. “He brings them to the Batcave and lets them in on the central conflict of the story, who the enemy is,” Affleck says. “There’s a little bit of a Magnificent Seven aspect to it.”

The new emphasis on working together is reflected visually by Batman’s niftiest new toy: the Flying Fox, a brutalist plane big enough to hold a whole cinematic universe of super-personalities. “You can put three Batmobiles in the lower part of it,” says production designer Patrick Tatopoulos (Batman v Superman). “I didn’t want to do a sleek airplane; it needed to feel like an extremely avant-garde classic. With the maneuverability of a jet—but it can actually carry things.”

Several things. Tatopoulos built a three-story interior set for the Fox. “The bottom part of the jet is a huge cargo bay, which the Batmobile sits in,” the designer says. “The second floor is like a cultural center, with computer terminals. The third story is the cockpit. Whatever floor you are on, you can see [the other] two stories.” The Fox has everything—except a place to brood in private, Batman.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/10/justice-league-batman-plane-flying-fox/
Heh, the concept of a bunch of superpowered beings running around dispensing their own brand of extra-judicial Justice is fascist enough without deliberately evoking brutalism in design.

Also, what was wrong with the Javelin design? It actually looks like it could get places quickly and relatively stealthily.

latest

I feel like they just wanted to set themselves apart from the XMen Blackbird.

Lol.

Batman got the idea from Lexcorp's aggressive superhero logo marketing campaign in BvS.

I think this is an attempt to go more Tony Stark'ish and be the light hearted, open philandering billionaire, as opposed to Bruce Wayne'ish, hiding and brooding in the background.

Well this is concept art, so I'm guessing they will remove the Wayne logo from the plane

TBH MOS wasnt so bad. But BVS and throwing everyone all together was their huge downfall.

They didnt build it up like MCU and gave the audience a reason to care about the character, let alone build up the hype and momentum.

While it does look cool seeing them on screen, I still have to force myself to ignore the fact they are trying way to hard to compete with MCU and every character is just on screen with a cool costume design with strong ass CGI

They should just re-shoot everything.

Of course it should be her as the leader of the justice league. She is the only warrior in the club:

Flash is a kid.

Aquaman is a surfer dude.

Cyborg is a college freshman.

Supe's dad wouldn't even let him play sports as a kid.

Batman is a middle aged dude past and his prime.

Wonder Woman was actually trained to battle gods.

She should be in the driver's seat

Yes, because last time Whedon did light hearted with a robot it worked so well... cough ultron cough cough

Like many have stated, i wish they would have built them up similar to how Marvel brought in their individual movies before forming the Avengers. Don't get me wrong, i'm still pretty juiced to see them together onscreen but I (along with many other fans) just don't have that emotional connection to the other characters.

Also, i think that's a hazard having a huge ass ship hanging right above a meeting table with chairs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back