Just watched some of Gokhan Saki's kickboxing matches

LHW
Manuwa
Wait, what? The dude that had to wrestle against Jan B and the Diabete to win? The one that got destroyed by the superior strikers in Volkan and Rumble? Just because he has better hands than OSP and Corey Anderson, who are by no means legit strikers, this doesnt mean Manuwa is even good, let alone better than fucking Gokhan Saki, what a pathetic comment, Manuwa is a bum and his chin is suspect.

{<jordan}

Jesus christ you are embarrassing

All talk until you go against someone who knows more than you do
K bud. You just said Werdum, Volkan, Gus, Mighty Mouse, were better strikers than Gohan Saki.

If you notice like 3 other seasoned posters have jumped on your stupid comments.

There's no point. Nothing I can say is going to change your mind. I'm sure if this thread lives on you will find plenty of people to argue with. I'm going to finish this bowl and watch a movie

K bud. You just said Werdum, Volkan, Gus, Mighty Mouse, were better strikers than Gohan Saki.

If you notice like 3 other seasoned posters have jumped on your stupid comments.

There's no point. Nothing I can say is going to change your mind. I'm sure if this thread lives on you will find plenty of people to argue with. I'm going to finish this bowl and watch a movie

Enjoy watching your movie lol

This thread will live on for hopefully forever

Cause I am going to come back into here whenever I need a good laugh

None of them?

Is that why Overeem beat Saki in a striking match?

You guys are getting exposed by me just so you know
thanks for letting us know you didn't even watch that match and just went on wiki, actually i'm pretty sure you've never even watched saki outside of his one UFC fight.

Let me guess

That was a fluke win for overeem?

LMFAO. Bunch of obvious fanboys in this thread

I watched it on youtube

Who won?

reem won because saki had a broken arm and reem kicked it.

nobody thinks reem is a better striker/kickboxer than saki except for your dumb ass.

just stop you're embarrassing yourself, i'm not even a saki fan but you're just plain stupid.

reem won because saki had a broken arm and reem kicked it.

nobody thinks reem is a better striker/kickboxer than saki except for your dumb ass.

just stop you're embarrassing yourself, i'm not even a saki fan.

Read my post above this one you posted

LMFAO

I'm not the one calling that win a fluke

You are

So sorry to be the one to tell you this but you are the dumb one
Saki then returned to Japan for the K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 Final on December 11.[10] He faced Daniel Ghiţă in the quarter-finals and won by unanimous decision after four rounds. However, he broke his right hand during the fight and went on to battle Golden Glory teammate Alistair Overeem in the semis. Using only his left hand and his kicks, he managed to outpoint his larger opponent; knocking Overeem down with a spin kick that was not counted, although Alistair landed a heavy left kick to Saki's right elbow that was also broken in his quarter-final fight

you're legit stupid, and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Then rewatch the Silva fight, he definitely had great moments and he an awesome finish, but he was in danger of getting finished by a mma journeyman in the striking no less, and Silva seemed for the most part content in playing in Saki's world. Saki's striking isn't going to be as effective when guys are actively looking for takedowns and make him cautious to go all out or at the very least make him less explosive by making him tired from the grind of clinching, pushing against the cage, and defending take downs.
He has only ever been finished by Remy, Badr Hari and arguably overeem (though he really broke his arm and that overall tournament was bad for him and easy for overeem)
So his chin transcends iron. He sometimes looks like he is getting beaten up, but Silva did not take him anywhere near his limit.
Once he gets a handle on his endurance and cardio in the MMA fighting format he will not be finished with strikes on the feet IMO. He'll definitely lose at some point, but it won't be by getting KTFO by the current MMA LHW or MW crop of fighters.

also the only reason Saki was fighting Reem and other much bigger guys is because there's not enough money to him fight at his division at kickboxing (he should be a LHW), and yeah thanks to Ghita Reem has that win over him, but not many people seem to care, just you

Honestly he's good and he looked great but mma striking is different. There's a reason top strikers in other sports get KO'ed by MMA noob strikers at times. That's because the threat of a takedown adds an extra element.

Not even that. Its difficult to translate the striking as well from kickboxing to mma

Saki then returned to Japan for the K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 Final on December 11.[10] He faced Daniel Ghiţă in the quarter-finals and won by unanimous decision after four rounds. However, he broke his right hand during the fight and went on to battle Golden Glory teammate Alistair Overeem in the semis. Using only his left hand and his kicks, he managed to outpoint his larger opponent; knocking Overeem down with a spin kick that was not counted, although Alistair landed a heavy left kick to Saki's right elbow that was also broken in his quarter-final fight

you're legit stupid, and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just want you to know that out of all the fighters I listed you are trying to get on me about the guy who beat Saki

Needless to say that is very confusing for me

People actually said that Volkan is a better striker than saki?

wtf,Volkan had a competitive fight with Nordine Mahieddine in KB,a mid lvl journeyman.

The problem is that Saki comes from a giant layout and looked terrible in his last KB fight + being 34yo with more than 90 fights under his name,being half of that against good-high level competition is different of a Tyron woodley for example who has 22 fights under his belt(of course that MMA fighters have way less fights than kickboxing for some obvious differences on the sports) who has turned pro not even 9 years ago....

think before typing folks

Just want you to know that out of all the fighters I listed you are trying to get on me about the guy who beat Saki

yeah i'm sure a lot of stuff is confusing for you.

that's because Reem is the only one that you can make a argument for, the other ones is just you being a imbecile, who else would seriously put Manuwa over Saki, it's disrespectful to the human specie such stupidity

Back