Just watched Guan vs Caceres

SKITZADACTYL

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what did you guys make of Wang's performance and how in the shit was this a split decision?

Wang landed 71 strikes

Caceres landed 49 strikes

Wang dropped Caceres twice, and stunned him about 4 or 5 times.

highlights for anyone who missed the fight:

Clear UD.

Caceres didn't land anything of note besides the numerous low blows and was getting knocked all over the place by Guan.

The judge who scocred this to Caceres also robbed Bojan last week.

I couldn't believe this was a split decision.
In fact Wang should have gotten at least 1 10-8.

Leeroy has always been a lucky fighter though.

I wonder if these judges have to answer to any sort of committee to gauge their competence. I don't understand how Adelaide Byrd is still judging fights either.

No idea how Caceres won. 3rd round maybe but Guan won the first two easily

Yeah the split decision was disgusting, I don't know who the hell that judge was but he was either not watching the fight or he was bribed with money and was doing a screw job.

Caceres is awful, I feel like every time I seen him fight he has lost, he is not UFC level, not for prelims or anything else for that matter. He gonna have a worse record than Lobov before long..

I wonder if these judges have to answer to any sort of committee to gauge their competence. I don't understand how Adelaide Byrd is still judging fights either.

Sports judges are one profession where I won't be sad about seeing people replaced with robots.

They have far too much power, are far too infallible, and have too much potential for bias.

I never add up shots or points, but I focus on rounds. I thought that was an awful split decison. Easy win for Guan.

Wrong. He was the lone judge who scored it for Bojan.

He has several other shitty scorecards on his resume.

Eddiva 29-28 over Makashvili
Nover 29-28 over Nam
Pearson 30-27 over Laprise
Kunimoto 29-28 over Walsh

Caceres is a good guy but he's not ufc level. Wang won every round. Still amazes me that Yair had such a hard time with Caceres and Pettis let that win slip away from him.

Caceres is a good guy but he's not ufc level. Wang won every round. Still amazes me that Yair had such a hard time with Caceres and Pettis let that win slip away from him.
i wouldn't say yair had a " hard time " with caceres, i just remember that fight being a goofy fuckin helicopter battle and yair was too focused on trying to land some flashy highlight reel kick than actually landing good simple shots.

maybe i'm remembering wrong, i just don't remember him having a " hard time " despite it going all 5.

edit: yeah just watched some quick highlights and he clearly won, like doubled caceres' strikes and didn't look to really have any trouble other than being on the bottom for a little bit.

Last edited:
The guy has one of the best names in MMA. Wang Guan!!! Good fighter. Starting to wonder more and more about judging in combat sports.

Was she the one who judged the GGG Alvarez fight horribly?

Was she the one who judged the GGG Alvarez fight horribly?
yep

DJ5hkVrUEAEtaGM.jpg

i wouldn't say yair had a " hard time " with caceres, i just remember that fight being a goofy fuckin helicopter battle and yair was too focused on trying to land some flashy highlight reel kick than actually landing good simple shots.

maybe i'm remembering wrong, i just don't remember him having a " hard time " despite it going all 5.

edit: yeah just watched some quick highlights and he clearly won, like doubled caceres' strikes and didn't look to really have any trouble other than being on the bottom for a little bit.
Imo he gassed himself out with all those unneccesary spinning kicks he threw. The kid should work on his boxing more.

Imo he gassed himself out with all those unneccesary spinning kicks he threw. The kid should work on his boxing more.
dude actually has ridiculous cardio though, he fought like that for the whole 3 rounds at UFC 188 in mexico where EVERYBODY gassed, but he didn't slow down at all.

then to be able to fight like that against caceres for 5, and i don't really think he was even that tired.

just don't understand why they would feed him to edgar that soon.

dude actually has ridiculous cardio though, he fought like that for the whole 3 rounds at UFC 188 in mexico where EVERYBODY gassed, but he didn't slow down at all.

then to be able to fight like that against caceres for 5, and i don't really think he was even that tired.
I have only watched it live so i don't remember it all that clearly. I only remember that i had money on him and started to worry at some point because he looked really tired.

Back