Just watched Darren Till fights for the first time

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I will admit that I only watched his fight against Cowboy but today I watched most of his previous fights and correct me if I'm wrong but his fighting style is almost identical to Conor's. Am I wrong or I'm missing something and everyone already know this. I could be wrong because I'm no expert in striking.

We get it- he’s white, has an interesting accent and is too big for weight class.

Not many more similarities between the two.

What are you thinking of specifically?

Throwing kicks from a great distance and missing every time?

They are somewhat similiar. Till has better Muay Thai, Conor has better boxing and more KO power.

His cardio is shit, just like Conor's, though.

His hands are great. Might be the best in the division.

Eh... Mildly similar at best. He relies on kickboxing more than boxing, among other things.

Secretly racist thread?

he moves a lot more like Silva they are both basically black belts in Muay Thai

Eh... Mildly similar at best. He relies on kickboxing more than boxing, among other things.

Secretly racist thread?
LOL, but we aren't allowed to get so sensitive about white dudes from the British Isles.

One difference is the level of competition they've faced so far:
Poirier, Max Holloway, Aldo, Eddie Alvarez, Nate >>>> Cerrone

We get it- he’s white, has an interesting accent and is too big for weight class.

Not many more similarities between the two.

Both have neck tattoos
Both come from an island
Both would be pounded by Khabib

I will admit that I only watched his fight against Cowboy but today I watched most of his previous fights and correct me if I'm wrong but his fighting style is almost identical to Conor's. Am I wrong or I'm missing something and everyone already know this. I could be wrong because I'm no expert in striking.

When I saw his fight before Cerrone I called him poor mans Conor.

You are automatically an expert in striking and mma in general because you're a sherdogger.

Well I see Till as more of a Gokhan Saki/Harold Howard hybrid, so we can't both be right.

Pretty obvious what TS means.

They are both southpaws, they both have good posture, they both use range as their main defensive tool, they are both aggressive counter punchers and they both have their straight left down the pipe as their most dangerous weapon.

Till has less quit than Conor

Dalby fight taught me that

Pretty obvious what TS means.

They are both southpaws, they both have good posture, they both use range as their main defensive tool, they are both aggressive counter punchers and they both have their straight left down the pipe as their most dangerous weapon.
Don't know about posture you must mean fighting stance. You honestly shouldn't have to spell it out for people, if you have seen Till fight the similiarities are there.

Last edited:
Conor is a 2 weight world champion who demolished a p4p # 1or2 guy in 17 seconds. Till has a lot to prove

Back