Just watched Covington/Maia for the first time - some of you are delusional!

He dropped Maia and completely swelled his eye up and gassed him but couldn't do anything else? Just sat around and waited for the cards.

Colby did more damage. The reasons he took more damage are in my op.
Yet again, can it not be credited that he didn't go for broke because he had 3 rounds in the bank, was going to defend his title, took zero damage and had a TORN LABRUM?

Renan Barao was once 32-1, beating him these days means jack shit.

When was the last time Barao fought for a title buddy?

Maia fought for the title in his fight prior to Covington..

Some dumb ass people on this forum...

I disagree. Beating, maia a guy that has been top 5 for years in both WW and MW is damn impressive

oh really? because gsp caught major flack for beating a michael bisping who has been top 5 for years. apparently in gsp case bisping was old, shot and finished and the win was a joke. you guys cant have your cake and eat it too.

So which is it old bisping maia on the way out the door, or fierce competitor maia bisping? funny how this shit applies for one fighter but not the other.

HATERS ALWAYS GONNA FUCKIN HATE!

oh really? because gsp caught major flack for beating a michael bisping who has been top 5 for years. apparently in gsp case bisping was old, shot and finished and the win was a joke. you guys cant have your cake and eat it too.

So which is it old bisping maia on the way out the door, or fierce competitor maia bisping? funny how this shit applies for one fighter but not the other.

HATERS ALWAYS GONNA FUCKIN HATE!

News flash idiot. Bisping was never, not once ranked top 5 prior to besting rockhold in his entire career.

Maia has been top 5 for most of his UFC tenure

The highest bisping was ever ranked in sherdog rankings was 6th

Try making a more apt comparison

Too long. Colby 30-26,30-27,29-27

That’s two judges giving him 10-8’s. Domination. Colby’s pressure is what sapped Maia’s cardio. Maia seemed just fine round 5 of the woodley fight when woodley wasn’t pressuring him. Colby broke Maia physically and mentally.

News flash idiot. Bisping was never, not once ranked top 5 prior to besting rockhold in his entire career.

Maia has been top 5 for most of his UFC tenure

The highest bisping was ever ranked in sherdog rankings was 6th

Try making a more apt comparison

lol ufc rankings, seriously maia was never a legit top 5 welterweight, gtfo of here.

IDIOT!

I honestly cannot believe those who cheer this win for Colby like it was in any way impressive.

I'm not being bias here, as I'm not even a Maia fan, but this fight was a complete bi-product of Maia having next to no cardio. Like can you believe that Demian Maia was able to outstrike Colby for long periods in this fight? He landed left straight after left straight in Round 1 and Colby's non-existent striking defense led to him being cut over his right-eye due to the shots.

I will admit that Colby's defensive grappling was good, but that is no surprise as that's the one thing he is pretty darn good at and that is wrestling, I cannot deny that. On the other hand, his striking was pathetic, just looping hook after looping hook, literally next to no technique in his boxing at all.

One last good thing, was his use of the leg kicks in Round 1, they were good and effective. I would just like to know what would have happened if Maia didn't gas so quickly. We all know that Demian Maia has a terrible gas tank and is somewhat of a front runner in fights. If he can get you into his world then he doesn't tend to get that tired, but if it stays staying he is huffing and puffing inside of 6-7 minutes.

Colby was sloppy standing and in my opinion lost a round in a three round fight, on the feet, against Maia lol.

The idea that someone can look at the Woodley/Maia fight and then watch this fight and somehow state that Colby's win was somehow more impressive? Wow, what drugs or racial bias pills are you inducing?

Tyron Woodley went 25 minutes without being taken down once, 4 rounds with a torn shoulder, dropped Maia and probably was only hit clean about 3 times in the entire fight. Colby was hit again and again by Demain and was wearing it because of it. Most of Colby's shots were hitting gloves and arms until the last minute or so of the fight where Maia was a sitting duck due to despicable cardio.

Good name for the resume, but the performance was pretty bad. Tyron would sleep that version of Colby.
They don't cheer his win. They cheer willingness to express the same hate they share with him. People love "leaders" who can express what they truly feel, but are too afraid to ever say themselves. This is why Trump is president, and this is why Obama became president.

Look at guys like Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro and Sam Harris. Out of the blue (it seems), these nerds have legions of die-hards willing to die to honor them. LOL

Any man, who is brave enough to stand on a podium, grab a microphone, and express what a certain group of people feel deep inside, but are too afraid to openly express, will be followed.

And if he keeps winning, his following will grow stronger and braver in their expression of what they truly feel. That is how Adolf Hitler convinced an entire nation of supposedly "good Christian Germans" to round up all their Jewish neighbors and send to their holocaust.

Humanity is always one hateful charismatic man away from a race holocaust or race-based slavery. End of intelligent reply. LOL

I honestly cannot believe those who cheer this win for Colby like it was in any way impressive.

I'm not being bias here, as I'm not even a Maia fan, but this fight was a complete bi-product of Maia having next to no cardio. Like can you believe that Demian Maia was able to outstrike Colby for long periods in this fight? He landed left straight after left straight in Round 1 and Colby's non-existent striking defense led to him being cut over his right-eye due to the shots.

I will admit that Colby's defensive grappling was good, but that is no surprise as that's the one thing he is pretty darn good at and that is wrestling, I cannot deny that. On the other hand, his striking was pathetic, just looping hook after looping hook, literally next to no technique in his boxing at all.

One last good thing, was his use of the leg kicks in Round 1, they were good and effective. I would just like to know what would have happened if Maia didn't gas so quickly. We all know that Demian Maia has a terrible gas tank and is somewhat of a front runner in fights. If he can get you into his world then he doesn't tend to get that tired, but if it stays staying he is huffing and puffing inside of 6-7 minutes.

Colby was sloppy standing and in my opinion lost a round in a three round fight, on the feet, against Maia lol.

The idea that someone can look at the Woodley/Maia fight and then watch this fight and somehow state that Colby's win was somehow more impressive? Wow, what drugs or racial bias pills are you inducing?

Tyron Woodley went 25 minutes without being taken down once, 4 rounds with a torn shoulder, dropped Maia and probably was only hit clean about 3 times in the entire fight. Colby was hit again and again by Demain and was wearing it because of it. Most of Colby's shots were hitting gloves and arms until the last minute or so of the fight where Maia was a sitting duck due to despicable cardio.

Good name for the resume, but the performance was pretty bad. Tyron would sleep that version of Colby.
Tyron Woodley lost a standup fight to Jake Shields..... Jake Shields!

Maia is over 40 years. His best cardio days are behind him unfortunately. Old man strength endured for ever though

Clearly the point is that you cannot read?

Setting aside the damage done to maia compared to Covington by the end of the fight (given damage doesn't technically weigh into the scoring system), Covington clearly also outstruck maia in the fight, as demonstrated by fightmetric scoring.

Too complicated for you ?
Too complicated for you to distinguish the context of the fight, so you're just another dumb dude who adds up numbers like all punches are equal? Covington guilty of the "looking busy" technique without doing substantial damage. But I guess it sure does fool idiots like you.

Yet again, can it not be credited that he didn't go for broke because he had 3 rounds in the bank, was going to defend his title, took zero damage and had a TORN LABRUM?

Man I am not the guy to have this discussion with. I don't like Woodley so I'm pretty bias.

Luke%2BRockhold%2Bvs%2BMichael%2BBisping.jpg

what's the number next to Bisping's name in this photo?

Back