Just watched Covington/Maia for the first time - some of you are delusional!

What is the point of this post, besides proving you can screenshot and crop an image?

Clearly the point is that you cannot read?

Setting aside the damage done to maia compared to Covington by the end of the fight (given damage doesn't technically weigh into the scoring system), Covington clearly also outstruck maia in the fight, as demonstrated by fightmetric scoring.

Too complicated for you ?

I'm convinced that if Maia had better cardio then he would have beat Covington, but he didn't, so...he didn't.

Maia was busy as fuck though that year. He went from masvidal, to woodley, to Covington with next to no off time between fights. He looked worn down, and it doesn't help that he's 40.

I will admit that Colby's defensive grappling was good, but that is no surprise as that's the one thing he is pretty darn good at and that is wrestling, I cannot deny that. On the other hand, his striking was pathetic, just looping hook after looping hook, literally next to no technique in his boxing at all.
Fraggle 2.0? GSP would break Colby's face with straight punches.

Man?

....did you just assume my gender????????????????

https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-named-jerry/reference

there's 1 female out of like 50.

also, Jerry Mouse is male https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Mouse

If you wanna be she, they, or it, the burden is on you.

Clearly the point is that you cannot read?

Setting aside the damage done to maia compared to Covington by the end of the fight (given damage doesn't technically weigh into the scoring system), Covington clearly also outstruck maia in the fight, as demonstrated by fightmetric scoring.

Too complicated for you ?

But that doesn't dispute anything that the TS said?

I honestly cannot believe those who cheer this win for Colby like it was in any way impressive.

I'm not being bias here, as I'm not even a Maia fan, but this fight was a complete bi-product of Maia having next to no cardio. Like can you believe that Demian Maia was able to outstrike Colby for long periods in this fight? He landed left straight after left straight in Round 1 and Colby's non-existent striking defense led to him being cut over his right-eye due to the shots.

I will admit that Colby's defensive grappling was good, but that is no surprise as that's the one thing he is pretty darn good at and that is wrestling, I cannot deny that. On the other hand, his striking was pathetic, just looping hook after looping hook, literally next to no technique in his boxing at all.

One last good thing, was his use of the leg kicks in Round 1, they were good and effective. I would just like to know what would have happened if Maia didn't gas so quickly. We all know that Demian Maia has a terrible gas tank and is somewhat of a front runner in fights. If he can get you into his world then he doesn't tend to get that tired, but if it stays staying he is huffing and puffing inside of 6-7 minutes.

Colby was sloppy standing and in my opinion lost a round in a three round fight, on the feet, against Maia lol.

The idea that someone can look at the Woodley/Maia fight and then watch this fight and somehow state that Colby's win was somehow more impressive? Wow, what drugs or racial bias pills are you inducing?

Tyron Woodley went 25 minutes without being taken down once, 4 rounds with a torn shoulder, dropped Maia and probably was only hit clean about 3 times in the entire fight. Colby was hit again and again by Demain and was wearing it because of it. Most of Colby's shots were hitting gloves and arms until the last minute or so of the fight where Maia was a sitting duck due to despicable cardio.

Good name for the resume, but the performance was pretty bad. Tyron would sleep that version of Colby.

It was the manner in which they fought.

Woodley fought with his back to the cage risking next to nothing by throwing next to nothing. Liek you said Maia has an awful gas tank but Woodley couldn't do anything to him in championship rounds?

Meanwhile Colby brought the fight to Maia and put himself in position to be punched because of his high pressure. It's just the name of the game, Colby showed his cards first over and over so he took the risk and inflicted more damage in a round than Woodley did in a half hour.

That's the reasoning behind people claiming Colbys win is better than Woodleys.

I am honestly a fan of Colby bc he is so cringey and such a successful troll but he gets wrecked bad by Woodley and that upsets me but oh well.

Maia has dogshit cardio? Haven't you watched his fights except vs Covington?

"...for the first time"

Filthy casual.

I don't recall Maia ever having terrible cardio. Covingtons striking needs work but his strength cannot be denied. Woodley had the agility to avoid Maia getting anywhere near him, Covington overpowered him each time Maia had a leg and I think that says a lot.

Covington will get countered if he fights like that against the elite, no one disagrees with it.
Maia has always had horrible cardio.

If he cannot get you down and if you push a semi-fast pace he will be huffing and puffing before you know it.

Loads of examples of this, but he does win a lot and when he wins he's on your back for the whole fight lol. Tough to get tired when you are human backpacking someone.

His cardio isn't good, but overall it's not horrible either. He's only gassed like 3 times over 33 fights.

Being 40 and having three quick fights back to back to back probably didn't help him.

Are you guys crazy? Maia has good cardio, really?

Covington - gassed after 6 minutes.

Woodley - gassed after 10 minutes.

Masvidal - gassed after 7-8 minutes.

MacDonald - gassed after 6-7 minutes.

Silva - was gassed 10 minutes in but Anderson stopped striking and therefore Maia got a second wind.

As I mentioned before, he wins a lot of fights and is good at staying on top when he's winning. He gets way more tired on the feet than he does on the ground.

It was a win against the #1 ranked guy in the division. Only WW who did that in years besides the champ....
Maia is almost 41 years old, not exactly in the prime of his life.

You say #1 guy in the division like that means anything in that division at the moment.

Like is Maia REALLY better than Thompson or Lawler? I don't think so, definitely isn't better than RDA or Usman at the moment either.

Are you guys crazy? Maia has good cardio, really?

Covington - gassed after 6 minutes.

Woodley - gassed after 10 minutes.

Masvidal - gassed after 7-8 minutes.

MacDonald - gassed after 6-7 minutes.

Silva - was gassed 10 minutes in but Anderson stopped striking and therefore Maia got a second wind.

As I mentioned before, he wins a lot of fights and is good at staying on top when he's winning. He gets way more tired on the feet than he does on the ground.

I don't think his cardio is dog shit, but it's never been his strong suit. He's just always been good at making his opponents gas before him by playing his game, but when he can't get his game working his gas tank plummets after round one.

It was the manner in which they fought.

Woodley fought with his back to the cage risking next to nothing by throwing next to nothing. Liek you said Maia has an awful gas tank but Woodley couldn't do anything to him in championship rounds?

Meanwhile Colby brought the fight to Maia and put himself in position to be punched because of his high pressure. It's just the name of the game, Colby showed his cards first over and over so he took the risk and inflicted more damage in a round than Woodley did in a half hour.

That's the reasoning behind people claiming Colbys win is better than Woodleys.

I am honestly a fan of Colby bc he is so cringey and such a successful troll but he gets wrecked bad by Woodley and that upsets me but oh well.
Tyron did tear his shoulder in the first round though, yet nobody gives that any credence.

Also, didn't Tyron drop Maia and didn't he completely swell Maia's eye closed with one glancing uppercut?

I don't believe this whole "Colby did more damage" thing, blood doesn't mean more damage, and what about all the damage that Maia did to Colby? Doesn't that matter? Tyron Mayweather'd Maia and made him look completely useless, ate maybe 2-3 lefts, and completely picked him apart.

Tyron did tear his shoulder in the first round though, yet nobody gives that any credence.

Also, didn't Tyron drop Maia and didn't he completely swell Maia's eye closed with one glancing uppercut?

I don't believe this whole "Colby did more damage" thing, blood doesn't mean more damage, and what about all the damage that Maia did to Colby? Doesn't that matter? Tyron Mayweather'd Maia and made him look completely useless, ate maybe 2-3 lefts, and completely picked him apart.

He dropped Maia and completely swelled his eye up and gassed him but couldn't do anything else? Just sat around and waited for the cards.

Colby did more damage. The reasons he took more damage are in my op.

Back