Just watched Covington/Maia for the first time - some of you are delusional!

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I honestly cannot believe those who cheer this win for Colby like it was in any way impressive.

I'm not being bias here, as I'm not even a Maia fan, but this fight was a complete bi-product of Maia having next to no cardio. Like can you believe that Demian Maia was able to outstrike Colby for long periods in this fight? He landed left straight after left straight in Round 1 and Colby's non-existent striking defense led to him being cut over his right-eye due to the shots.

I will admit that Colby's defensive grappling was good, but that is no surprise as that's the one thing he is pretty darn good at and that is wrestling, I cannot deny that. On the other hand, his striking was pathetic, just looping hook after looping hook, literally next to no technique in his boxing at all.

One last good thing, was his use of the leg kicks in Round 1, they were good and effective. I would just like to know what would have happened if Maia didn't gas so quickly. We all know that Demian Maia has a terrible gas tank and is somewhat of a front runner in fights. If he can get you into his world then he doesn't tend to get that tired, but if it stays standing he is huffing and puffing inside of 6-7 minutes.

Colby was sloppy standing and in my opinion lost a round in a three round fight, on the feet, against Maia lol.

The idea that someone can look at the Woodley/Maia fight and then watch this fight and somehow state that Colby's win was somehow more impressive? Wow, what drugs or racial bias pills are you inducing?

Tyron Woodley went 25 minutes without being taken down once, 4 rounds with a torn shoulder, dropped Maia and probably was only hit clean about 3 times in the entire fight. Colby was hit again and again by Demain and was wearing it because of it. Most of Colby's shots were hitting gloves and arms until the last minute or so of the fight where Maia was a sitting duck due to despicable cardio.

Good name for the resume, but the performance was pretty bad. Tyron would sleep that version of Colby.

Last edited:
Sounds like khabib , it's the new breed bro. Colby and khabib prove how overrated striking is in mma

Ban

Colby dominated Maia

Maia got robbed against Woodley
I scored that fight 48-47 Maia; it was clear as day

Tyron would sleep that version of Colby
Nobody on this forum believes he beats Tyron, not even his fans.

He's in an amazing scenario in this time where his wrestling is better than 90% of the division, so he could wrestlefuck his way to a victory whoever his standup and toughness is good enough to get past those with similar grappling skill. Similar to another fighter in Usman.

Woodley is better everywhere and is as tough, if not tougher with KO power to boot. Outside of a freak injury or shenanigans in the cage, Woodley wins 9/10 times imo.

I gurantee they wouldnt be as successful in a time with Shields, Fitch, GSP etc.

Last edited:
"Some of you are delusional...I'm not being bias here" (it's biased, by the way)
1515744780771.jpg

Some of you are delusional...I'm not being bias here
Some people on this forum dont think Conor is a good fighter, and any mid level FW or LW that gets a win would spank Conor.....<{hfved}>{<jordan}{<jordan}

Colby won but he looked like dogshit in the first round imo. Def don't think he beats Woodley

Some people on this forum dont think Conor is a good fighter, and any mid level FW or LW that gets a win would spank Conor.....<{hfved}>{<jordan}{<jordan}
That's because logic and reason go out the door for fans with an emotional investment. I don't like his impact on the division, but I can respect and enjoy when he does fight.

I don't recall Maia ever having terrible cardio. Covingtons striking needs work but his strength cannot be denied. Woodley had the agility to avoid Maia getting anywhere near him, Covington overpowered him each time Maia had a leg and I think that says a lot.

Covington will get countered if he fights like that against the elite, no one disagrees with it.

This Thread has nothing to do with Conor, go back to looking at greased up pictures of him

This Thread has nothing to do with Conor, go back to looking at greased up pictures of him

I mentioned an example as to why people on this forum are delusional after a poster implied that it wasn't true. Actually read before posting moronic statements, you bum ass. Jesus, haters dont even post but ave to login once in a while to post their bullshit. {<jordan}

<DisgustingHHH>

It was a win against the #1 ranked guy in the division. Only WW who did that in years besides the champ....

Covington... Good skills. But don't see him being champ. Plus he is going the trash talk route to work his way up. Woodley might even be exciting and get him out of the cage quick...

AjkWoA0.jpg

I just couldn't care less about colby. He needs to work on himself as a human being.

Back