Just watched 32 random fights of elite grapplers and here are my conclusions.

this are conclusions from observation so I know this points are facts.
The most entertaining thing about idiots is that most of them really just do not know that they're idiots.

Based on your own observations TS, Conor will win using either method 2, 3, or 4.

That would depend on Conor having good TD defense and/or cardio. We know his cardio sucks, and his takedown defense at this point is an unknown variable. It looked like shit against Mendes but that was a long time ago.

And no I'm not kidding. I was about to write this in detail but I'm to lazy to do that, overall here are the conclusions when elite grapplers/wrestlers usually lose:

1. Against another elite grappler/wrestler (maia vs shields, maia vs colby, penn vs gsp, etc)
2. Stupid enough to try his striking against a very good or elite striker opponent (from the very beginning).
3. A very good/elite striker (or just a better striker) with excellent TD defense. Stuff lots of TD attempts until the grappler/wrestler gets tired and then the striker finish him or totally dominate him.
4. The elite grappler/wrestler is successful with multiple TDs but doesn't inflict much damage to his opponent and eventually gets tired. The striker then takes advantage and finish him or dominate him.

And the unusual way of an elite grappler/wrestler losing is via getting caught when attempting the takedown (e.g. silva vs newton).

I'm not asking for your approval, this are conclusions from observation so I know this points are facts. What I want to know is from those who think that Conor will win. I want them to answer how they think Conor will win (using objective thinking) as I did.

Good post.

I don't know who will win, but there is a chance that Khabib gets caught on his way in. Conor is stupid accurate so there is a chance. Javier Mendez already said they're not standing with Conor. I don't think Conor's TD defense will be enough. I don't think Khabib gets tired. So basically, I think Conor's only chance is to find an opening and catch Khabib clean. Considering Conor's skill and precision, I think he can pull it off. But on the flip side, with Khabib's skill and experience, I think Khabib can win too.

One thing that comes to mind though......we have seen Conor's will broken. We've never seen Khabib's will broken. Based on that alone, if I had to bet, I'd pick Khabib. But It's just too hard to pick a winner. Khabib has never faced a striker as good as Conor. Conor has never faced a wrestler as big and strong and good as Khabib.

Since when does Conor have excellent takedown defence? The only wrestler he fought is Mendes on 2 weeks and he was taking him down pretty often
The only reason Conor got up in that 2nd round is because Mendes went for a guillotine choke instead of maintaining his position
His takedown defense is actually underrated in my opinion. He stopped a lot of the takedowns from Mendes, including the one before he got the TKO. You’re also forgetting that Conor went after Mendes almost like he didn’t care about being taken down in that fight. He also stopped all of Eddie’s takedown attempts, and also Nate’s takedown attempts, except for one at the end of the fight.

Back