just started watching GOT. and..

If someone hears the beginning of a joke, misses the middle and then hears the punchline and says "it wasn't funny", it's probably because they didn't hear it all. They still might not have found it funny, but their opinion doesn't hold much weight, because they didn't hear the joke how it was intended to be heard.

Some people hear the whole joke, get it, but personally don't think it's funny, which is down to their own opinion. That opinion is valid as they have experienced it as it was intended to be experienced.

You're the first type of person, but you think you're the 2nd.

Imagine just watching the last 10 minutes of Usual Suspects (what's the big deal, he's walking normally now, big whoop), 6th sense (what's the big deal, he's alive or nah?), Green Mile (guilty man dies in jail, what's the big deal?) or any film... If you haven't watched it all, how can you expect to feel any connection with characters if you've not been with them on the journey?
Is GOT really about a big reveal like those movies? Serious, non sarcastic question.

I think you got my point mixed up because of my insistent arguing.

My original point, in my original post was that the shows first season couldn't drag me in. I didnt care enough about it, so I stopped watching it ike any other person who gives a new show a shot and doesn't want to continue. Then I got psuedo-dragged into watching the 4th season by roommates. Though I didn't care for it, it reminded me why i didn't like it. Then I got carried away with examples and defending misunderstandings.

Sorry dude, I just don't like the characters. That's what happens when a show is full of antiheros. Maybe if it was a different genre it's be easier for me to enjoy.

If you read my original post again you can see that I never speak outside of my POV and don't make statements saying that the show is bad. I make statements on how I don't care about it because of its constant rebuilding the show makes, and that's just with the seasons I saw. It gave me no reason to want to know why this happened or wonder what will happen next. It didn't catch me.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, it's not the shows job to "convince" you to like it. you either do or you don't.

if you do, you likely have a great imagination and a good to excellent intellect with a great appreciation for story telling. if you don't, you are likely a person with poor imagination and you need things spoon fed for you b/c the only thing you get out of the show are the boobies and occasional sword fight.

which hey, i'm not judging. we are all different. but please, save yourself the embarrassment of trying to write up some 3rd grade thesis on how the show sucks, or how you totally get it but still aren't impressed. you aren't fooling anyone, you are only telling the rest of us you need to try real hard to be a fake pile of shit.

I got into it at the end of S6 and regret my life for missing out

The storyline wasn't bad, but wasn't executed that well in Beyond the Wall.

That's one of those damn tropes where they leave you with a cliffhanger ending where a character appears to be in serious jeopardy only for him to come out unscathed at the beginning of the next episode with no explanation. Yes, it's lazy and cheap. I guess they felt ending the episode with the shot of Jaime sinking to the bottom was worth it. They can get away with it because they know that people won't remember nor focus on the beginning of the episode as much as the rest of the episode.

Kidnap a zombie plan is the dumbest plan ever conceived in a non comedic tv/cinema production.

Every character suddenly became a retarded dumb piece of derp. Even Tyrion, the smartest man in the show.

If you were not turned off by that, you are an easy to impress moron.

Kidnap a zombie plan is the dumbest plan ever conceived in a non comedic tv/cinema production.

Every character suddenly became a retarded dumb piece of derp. Even Tyrion, the smartest man in the show.

If you were not turned off by that, you are an easy to impress moron.

<TrumpWrong1>

I actually pay attention to the show. This show has had a number of plans just as dumb if not dumber. Intelligence isn't really celebrated in their world, but bravery and being a complete badass is. The zombie plan makes sense for them. They were presented with a task and the people of their world aren't exactly critical thinkers. Plus, they were desperate and nobody believed them while that task would get people to believe. And, we all know Jon Snow is all about doing dangerous shit, damn the consequences. Why was Tyrion a retard? He didn't go with them, but gave the suggestion. Dumb things people did:

Everyone telling Ned Stark to not be an idiot, but he derped out and told Cersei to take her kids and leave. Ned's plan was to be extremely naive and hope things worked out even though everyone told him to not be an idiot.
Jon Snow joining the Night's Watch on his own accord
Jon going to Mance's camp all alone with basically no plan whatsoever only to be saved by Stannis' impeccable timing
Stannis' insistence on attacking against all reason
Cersei giving the Sparrows power
Pretty much everything Viserys did - If his plan was to get himself killed, then it was an absolutely brilliant plan
A bunch of things Sansa and Cat did - but I guess Sansa didn't really make any plans and just did what she was told to do, though she was planning on marrying a fucking psychopath in Joffrey
Joffrey threatening an angry crowd
Robb marrying Talisa when he should have just kept her as his side piece
Theon was pretty dumb in turning on the Starks and trying to impress his shitbag father who didn't give the slightest shit about him. What plan of Theon's was slightly smart? Holding Winterfell for a short period of time when everyone told him it was dumb? He was thinking about impressing his crew instead of anything long-term.
What was Rickard Karstark's plan in murdering innocent Lannister boys?

If the first season couldn't do it, why do you think the rest of the seasons could? Did you not comprehend what I wrote? Or are you butthurt that some one doesn't like your favorite show?

They beat you over the head in with trying to get you to feel sympathy towards the Starks in the early seasons of the show. It would be pretty hard to go through 3 seasons without feeling for someone other than Tyrion.

IT keeps getting better too. Season 7 had everyone talkiing and the highest ratings.. you will like it

They beat you over the head in with trying to get you to feel sympathy towards the Starks in the early seasons of the show. It would be pretty hard to go through 3 seasons without feeling for someone other than Tyrion.
As I said about 30 times in this thread, I stopped watching it after 1 because it didn't grab me, nor did I care about the characters. I only saw 4 through other people watching it.

As I said about 30 times in this thread, I stopped watching it after 1 because it didn't grab me, nor did I care about the characters. I only saw 4 through other people watching it.

I know what you said, so I have no idea why you typed that up.

I'll put it to you like this: because it's not S1 that really grabs you. It's the next seasons that do. My fav characters didn't really start to emerge until late in S2 and beyond, except for maybe Tyrion. And even then, I don't think I was that big of a fan of him in S1. This isn't a show where you're going to fall in love with a bunch of characters in S1. It just sets the tone. The characters that you could like are killed off during the season - King Robert and Ned.

Doesn't watch all of show... Wonders why he doesn't have any feelings for the characters.
i don't at all agree with his assessment of the show but...i wouldn't waste my time on something i didn't enjoy either. and a full season is probably enough time to form an opinion.

there are too many things worth my time to waste even a minute on something i don't enjoy.

Reality Check - He's published 1 book in the last 13 years.

zach-cry.gif

I know what you said, so I have no idea why you typed that up.

I'll put it to you like this: because it's not S1 that really grabs you. It's the next seasons that do. My fav characters didn't really start to emerge until late in S2 and beyond, except for maybe Tyrion. And even then, I don't think I was that big of a fan of him in S1. This isn't a show where you're going to fall in love with a bunch of characters in S1. It just sets the tone. The characters that you could like are killed off during the season - King Robert and Ned.

You did seem to imply that I have seen 3 seasons, but whatever.

It would be pretty hard to go through 3 seasons without feeling for someone other than Tyrion.

Put yourself in a pov where you didnt like a fist season of a show. I don't know you, but id imagine that it would go further to the bottom of the list of things to watch since you spent 10 hours and didn't get much out of it. I moved on because it wasn't my jam and a didn't want to put another 10 in.

You did seem to imply that I have seen 3 seasons, but whatever.

I can see why you might have read it that way, but that's not what I was implying.

Put yourself in a pov where you didnt like a fist season of a show. I don't know you, but id imagine that it would go further to the bottom of the list of things to watch since you spent 10 hours and didn't get much out of it. I moved on because it wasn't my jam and a didn't want to put another 10 in.

Been there done that. Agents of Shield - I think it took about around episode 15 or so for the show to find its footing. Parks and Rec - The first season wasn't very good, but it was only 6 episodes. I know not everyone is going to like every show, but I feel GoT isn't a show to judge if you'll like it based off of just S1. I'd say the same for Breaking Bad. In the GoT world, you're considered a sweet summer child until you hit a particular episode in S3.

i don't at all agree with his assessment of the show but...i wouldn't waste my time on something i didn't enjoy either. and a full season is probably enough time to form an opinion.

there are too many things worth my time to waste even a minute on something i don't enjoy.

That wasn't my point. I give up ion shows after 3 or 4 episodes all of the time. Like you said, life's too short.

lol, it's not the shows job to "convince" you to like it. you either do or you don't.

if you do, you likely have a great imagination and a good to excellent intellect with a great appreciation for story telling. if you don't, you are likely a person with poor imagination and you need things spoon fed for you b/c the only thing you get out of the show are the boobies and occasional sword fight.

which hey, i'm not judging. we are all different. but please, save yourself the embarrassment of trying to write up some 3rd grade thesis on how the show sucks, or how you totally get it but still aren't impressed. you aren't fooling anyone, you are only telling the rest of us you need to try real hard to be a fake pile of shit.
Dude it's a TV show chill the fuck out.

Just because I don't like GOT doesn't mean I'm an idiot who doesn't appreciate story telling, lol...

I can see why you might have read it that way, but that's not what I was implying.

Been there done that. Agents of Shield - I think it took about around episode 15 or so for the show to find its footing. Parks and Rec - The first season wasn't very good, but it was only 6 episodes. I know not everyone is going to like every show, but I feel GoT isn't a show to judge if you'll like it based off of just S1. I'd say the same for Breaking Bad. In the GoT world, you're considered a sweet summer child until you hit a particular episode in S3.
I get it. I don't have the patience to give those seasons a shot. In already know exactly what happens in the 3rd. I know all the spoilers because everyone watches it, and I knew a bunch of pretentious GOT fans that would constantly try to talk down to me because I wasn't interested by the show, so I couldn't experience it the way it should. I ended up learning all the spoilers from the book from a friend, and when those people came around to bust my ass about the show, I'd threaten them with spoilers. Like when a certain king drank the wrong wine. That really got them to leave me alone.

Sophomoric, but useful.

if youre a huge fan already, why wouldnt others be?

I get it. I don't have the patience to give those seasons a shot. In already know exactly what happens in the 3rd. I know all the spoilers because everyone watches it, and I knew a bunch of pretentious GOT fans that would constantly try to talk down to me because I wasn't interested by the show, so I couldn't experience it the way it should. I ended up learning all the spoilers from the book from a friend, and when those people came around to bust my ass about the show, I'd threaten them with spoilers. Like when a certain king drank the wrong wine. That really got them to leave me alone.

Sophomoric, but useful.

You should have done fake spoilers and had some fun with it

I love GoT, but that's the same condescending comparisons I've heard die-hard Seinfeld fanboys say when contronted with how the show isn't funny.

"Well, you don't find it funny because you have an undeveloped sense of humor, and are incapable of noticing the genius behind every detail of every episode from every season from a multiple of dimensions."

Back