"Just say you're scared, AJ can be the champ of England. **** em" - Deontay Wilder

Wooooof I just caught the portion of Hearn offering the two fight deal.

Explains it all.
I really think Deontay should sign with Eddie. He's done wonders for Joshua and they have a really good relationship. I think Deontay would do well with a guy like Eddie behind him.

The guy should be an A list star but he's not. And to boot Deontay is a good self promoter.

Like we've said before these are different markets and different fans. But man with 40 wins and 99% ko record thats WORLD Heavyweight champion.. a guy like George groves makes Deontay money..

Deontay should just call Eddie. The 5 million offer is a blatant business proposal AND proposition. Bite his hand off. Don't be like broner.

Be funny as fuck if Breazeale beat Wilder and Povetkin beat AJ!!

Fuck it, I’m gonna still a double on when the odds come out

From what I’ve seen of brazealle he’ll have some success before being knocked out. If povetkin is in Russia, then that’s a potential banana skin but he looked piss poor against price. I dont see any upsets but I think povetkin would be the most likely

I dont understand where all the stupid shit from Wilder fans is coming from here, he has done EXACTLY the same as Joshua did

Joshua asked for $50, got offered it on instagram, then asked for a contract Wilders team did not send, thus the fight was not made
Wilder accepted the $$ for a fight in the UK, asked for a contract, got one but didnt like the details, thus the fight was not made

They both acted like twats and backed out after they initially agreed to the fight based purely on $$

At least Wilder got a fucking contract sent to him

From what I’ve seen of brazealle he’ll have some success before being knocked out. If povetkin is in Russia, then that’s a potential banana skin but he looked piss poor against price. I dont see any upsets but I think povetkin would be the most likely
I like brazeale in that fight. I'm not saying he'll win. But he has decent boxing fundamentals paired importantly with size. I don't think that's good for wilder.

There is no way in hell that fight happens in Russia. Unless some major oligarch money is in it.

I dont understand where all the stupid shit from Wilder fans is coming from here, he has done EXACTLY the same as Joshua did

Joshua asked for $50, got offered it on instagram, then asked for a contract Wilders team did not send, thus the fight was not made
Wilder accepted the $$ for a fight in the UK, asked for a contract, got one but didnt like the details, thus the fight was not made

They both acted like twats and backed out after they initially agreed to the fight based purely on $$

At least Wilder got a fucking contract sent to him
Myself and others have said the posturing on both sides has been BS.

Cant say Ive seen the same re: AJ. There is an excuse for everything.

Its really all boiling down to Hearn wanting to land Wilder before he matches these two up.

I like brazeale in that fight. I'm not saying he'll win. But he has decent boxing fundamentals paired importantly with size. I don't think that's good for wilder.

There is no way in hell that fight happens in Russia. Unless some major oligarch money is in it.

Povetkin has Ryabinsky behind him.

Hahaha.
"If you're scared, say you're scared. Ain't nothing wrong with being scared, if you're scared, say you're scared."
A couple buddies and I have said that for 30 years, now. Funny that he said that.

Sort of related, something me and a friend used to say to each other when we wanted the other one to do something stupid was "you can't be a pussy your whole life." I shot it at him one day and he fired back "It's worked out this long, I'm gonna ride it out and see where it takes me."

It's tough to say too much about whose fault it is before more comes out as both sides are claiming different things, but I think it's pretty clear which side has been dragging their feet and putting up all the roadblocks before this final round of negotiations. I don't think Joshua or Hearn want the fight yet (they'll want it at some point, but not yet). This seems to be more or less what GBP and Canelo were doing to Golovkin and co a few years back. We'll see if Joshua gets anywhere near as much shit as Canelo and co. did (we already know he won't).

Myself and others have said the posturing on both sides has been BS.
Cant say Ive seen the same re: AJ. There is an excuse for everything.
Its really all boiling down to Hearn wanting to land Wilder before he matches these two up.

Possibly, why would Hearn not want to land an unbeaten HW who hits like a wrecking ball and could be HUGE if handled correctly.

The guy could have been the next Mike Tyson if marketed correctly, but as it is, nobody knows who the fuck he is outside of boxing circles.

Am i correct in thinking Wilder does not have a promoter...i think i have read it somewhere...or is his promoter just utter shit?

Possibly, why would Hearn not want to land an unbeaten HW who hits like a wrecking ball and could be HUGE if handled correctly.

The guy could have been the next Mike Tyson if marketed correctly, but as it is, nobody knows who the fuck he is outside of boxing circles.

Am i correct in thinking Wilder does not have a promoter...i think i have read it somewhere...or is his promoter just utter shit?

Hearn said it in an interview a couple of months back when he was blatantly tapping up wilder.

just started watching a little bit more boxing again but this shit is what made me stop in the first place ...at least GGG Canelo is happening, probably.

Oh its certainly smart business for Hearn. He would control Wilder, Whyte and AJ and all the combos of fights between them that all offer big bucks.

Im really not sure who runs what for Wilder. Maybe @RR can help us out with that.

Oh its certainly smart business for Hearn. He would control Wilder, Whyte and AJ and all the combos of fights between them that all offer big bucks.

Im really not sure who runs what for Wilder. Maybe @RR can help us out with that.

Its not about controlling them, its about earning all of those guys fucking serious $$$, i think the likes of King, Duva and DLH have had a really bad impact on the sport in the US, and fighters and fans are weary

Show me someone who has been boxing for as little as Joshua has, can command 70-90k stadiums and earn as much as he does for even fighting the likes of Parker and Takkam

Its not about controlling them, its about earning all of those guys fucking serious $$$, i think the likes of King, Duva and DLH have had a really bad impact on the sport in the US, and fighters and fans are weary

Show me someone who has been boxing for as little as Joshua has, can command 70-90k stadiums and earn as much as he does for even fighting the likes of Parker and Takkam
Hearn makes his $ by having those guys. Thats what I mean by controlling.

Part of AJ’s popularity is the UK fans themselves though. I mentioned earlier, maybe a diff thread, how that demographic seems very different from here in the States. Very, very few fighters sell at a high level here. Regardless of promotion or entertainment value.

Hearn makes his $ by having those guys. Thats what I mean by controlling.

Part of AJ’s popularity is the UK fans themselves though. I mentioned earlier, maybe a diff thread, how that demographic seems very different from here in the States. Very, very few fighters sell at a high level here. Regardless of promotion or entertainment value.

But surely that is down to no/shitty promoters?

While i know it isnt an answer, if Wilder signed with Hearn tomorrow, he would earn more in 3 fights than if he fought 10 times under his current arrangement, if he doesnt want to sign then that is fine, but that is what is holding the deal up, so fans on both sides(and yes, i have probably been guilty) need to stop saying either of them are scared of each other.

This will end up like Lewis-Bowe at this rate, and ive seen that once, and one of them went to shit real fast while trying to take the easier option

This has been a bit hard to follow, but it appears that Hearn wants to sign Wilder, and both Wilder and AJ agreed to offers based on a verbal offer of money. Then probably the terms of that offer were not to their satisfaction and they wanted out.

In some ways the negotiation continues, but I guess for both of them this could be the "cash out" fight, the one they've been building towards and need to maximise their dough given the risk each poses to the other. They can continue to earn money if this fight doesn't happen, it would probably be both of their's biggest payday but Joshua has more money in other fights whereas this would be Wilder's biggest pay day by far I'd imagine.

I wonder if the negs are harder given this fight would most likely end in a big KO for one of them. With Canelo v GGG maybe a KO is less likely so a decision points loss is not the end of the world, whereas it could be a long (ish) road back for either guy if Wilder and AJ finally happens.

But surely that is down to no/shitty promoters?

While i know it isnt an answer, if Wilder signed with Hearn tomorrow, he would earn more in 3 fights than if he fought 10 times under his current arrangement, if he doesnt want to sign then that is fine, but that is what is holding the deal up, so fans on both sides(and yes, i have probably been guilty) need to stop saying either of them are scared of each other.

This will end up like Lewis-Bowe at this rate, and ive seen that once, and one of them went to shit real fast while trying to take the easier option
Its certainly a portion of it. But doubtful any promoter has Wilder doing AJ numbers here.

Seems to me, somebody is trying to pull a Floyd and Manny and stalling this fight until late next year, to gain more fans and hype, to generate more money for both sides,like Floyd and Manny did, by waiting a couple of years, to drive the fans nuts and start begging for that fight and finally splitting ,200 million dollars.

Just think about it, if both guys can get 50 million now, why not wait a year and let ESPN and other highly watched sports shows, push the fight and generate even more hype and fans to know about this fight and these fighters and want to buy this fight, late next year and this will make us even more money and we both will split 200 million, just like Floyd and Manny.

This time it's Joshua who's excepting all the blame, on why this fight isn't happening, just like Floyd did even iff everyone didn't care about the test Manny wouldn't take, at first.

While Wilder is playing the brave true champion, not scared of nobody and will just wait and fight anyone and take less money if needed and any contract, but this is a lie and they both are just stalling for a bigger payday, just like Floyd and Manny did.

Good thing these fighters don't have nobody left except Tyson Furry, or we fans would be waiting 2 more years for this fight , but we will only have to wait until late 2019.

Oh and ESPN is already calling Joshua out for not taking the fight, so the hype train fight selling media stuff is already happening.

Back