Just saw the Jose Aldo movie and it's very good

Was it the short documentary where it shows how savage the fight game is when you fight emotionally and overextend on a huge right hand then get countered, KTFO and kneed in the head by a huge, hulking referee?

Yup that was a great movie.

I don't know what's worse, making effort to go into every thread and make it about Conor as a joke or in a serious effort to be his fan.

Either way, it's fucking annoying lol. Salute you on the effort
you know whats worse? trying to give me shit for a post I made over a year ago

Last edited:
Hi sherdog,

Today I went with my wife to see "Mais forte que o Mundo: A história de José Aldo", a movie that shows his life from poor upbringing in Amazonas up until the Hominick fight.

My expectations were pretty low: I didn't like the trailers I saw, the guy playing Aldo would probably be a LHW, and I just don't really like MMA movies. The acting is usually subpar, with too much fighting sequences that are just a bore. But the movie surprised me in every aspect of it.

The acting is frankly amazing. Jackson Antunes, who played Aldo's father, had many impactful scenes that I'll personally remember for years. The story itself is very rich, with interesting characters that relate in a very real and passionate way with Aldo, especially his wife, his coach and his parents. The fighting sequences are a bit of a hit or miss, but the movie never bores the audience. It's fast paced and explosive like Aldo in his WEC days.

If you're a fan of José Aldo, I strongly recommend watching this film. If you're a fan of great acting, I also recommend watching it. There were 8 people in the movie session and I think this movie will be overlooked by almost everyone, and I think it's a shame. I didn't watch every MMA movie, but this has to be the best.

235439.jpg
Where did you see it at?

Where did you see it at?
They have this on Netflix. I just watched it. Here are my thoughts. First of all Aldo's team or whoever made that movie had horrible timing. If this came out right when he fought hominick he'd be a bigger star. The movie was well done. They have aldo slinging the D to some chick in the favelas within like 10 minutes of the movie starting lol. Aldo's wife is hot in the movie too. Worth a watch, I didn't even expect it to be decent but was pleasantly surprised.

The only important thing Jose Aldo has done in his MMA career is be the gatekeeper that helped propel Conor to superstardom.

His defining moment, being slept by Conor, was left out? Bummer. THat's what he's famous for, why would they take that out?

He should beat a can then switch to soccer. His run is done.

Hi sherdog,

Today I went with my wife to see "Mais forte que o Mundo: A história de José Aldo", a movie that shows his life from poor upbringing in Amazonas up until the Hominick fight.

My expectations were pretty low: I didn't like the trailers I saw, the guy playing Aldo would probably be a LHW, and I just don't really like MMA movies. The acting is usually subpar, with too much fighting sequences that are just a bore. But the movie surprised me in every aspect of it.

The acting is frankly amazing. Jackson Antunes, who played Aldo's father, had many impactful scenes that I'll personally remember for years. The story itself is very rich, with interesting characters that relate in a very real and passionate way with Aldo, especially his wife, his coach and his parents. The fighting sequences are a bit of a hit or miss, but the movie never bores the audience. It's fast paced and explosive like Aldo in his WEC days.

If you're a fan of José Aldo, I strongly recommend watching this film. If you're a fan of great acting, I also recommend watching it. There were 8 people in the movie session and I think this movie will be overlooked by almost everyone, and I think it's a shame. I didn't watch every MMA movie, but this has to be the best.

235439.jpg
White is a white guy playing a black guy? Hollywood is racist

Guy looks nothing like Aldo and Aldo's wife is a one and to leave out hos defining moment is a travesty!! Everyone knows he was just a place holder till Conor showed up.

LOL the little manlet lost to Max. Can't even beat real fighters his same size.

Back