Just saw the Jose Aldo movie and it's very good

Where did you go to see it?

Maybe Fight Pass will get the rights to it.

so you're trolling my thread. MY THREAD. you go find a scottish dude to cheer for and stop stealing other countries champions.
Conor has Scottish ancestry, thats good enough for me lol

I can't get over how much the actor doesn't look like him at all

What would the movie be like for someone who doesn't speak Portuguese?

Is there any English or English subtitles? Or is it better to wait until it comes out on video complete with subtitles?

What would the movie be like for someone who doesn't speak Portuguese?

Is there any English or English subtitles? Or is it better to wait until it comes out on video complete with subtitles?
you should definitely watch with subtitles

Hi sherdog,

Today I went with my wife to see "Mais forte que o Mundo: A história de José Aldo", a movie that shows his life from poor upbringing in Amazonas up until the Hominick fight.

My expectations were pretty low: I didn't like the trailers I saw, the guy playing Aldo would probably be a LHW, and I just don't really like MMA movies. The acting is usually subpar, with too much fighting sequences that are just a bore. But the movie surprised me in every aspect of it.

The acting is frankly amazing. Jackson Antunes, who played Aldo's father, had many impactful scenes that I'll personally remember for years. The story itself is very rich, with interesting characters that relate in a very real and passionate way with Aldo, especially his wife, his coach and his parents. The fighting sequences are a bit of a hit or miss, but the movie never bores the audience. It's fast paced and explosive like Aldo in his WEC days.

If you're a fan of José Aldo, I strongly recommend watching this film. If you're a fan of great acting, I also recommend watching it. There were 8 people in the movie session and I think this movie will be overlooked by almost everyone, and I think it's a shame. I didn't watch every MMA movie, but this has to be the best.

235439.jpg

Cool, I've been interested in seeing this. I don't speak Portuguese, but if a film is good enough I don't mind subtitles. I just watched City of God a few months ago and thought it was great even though I had to read the subtitles.

Sherdog doesn't read so.

Sherdog In unison. "Woo playza connah good Sur?

(Bump)

More comments on this movie? From watching the trailer they REALLY should have picked someone that looks more like Aldo, but I guess it's hard to find good actors.

inb4 Conor Mcgregor

Damn, crazy that Aldo will have almost his entire legacy overshadowed by his loss to Conor. I'm not really a fan of Jose, but the guy deserves a lot more respect than he is getting. I'll always remember this...

Aldo_GIF_Swanson_1.gif

are you taking my posts seriously? that good sir was your first mistake lol
I don't know what's worse, making effort to go into every thread and make it about Conor as a joke or in a serious effort to be his fan.

Either way, it's fucking annoying lol. Salute you on the effort

Back