Just saw Bohemian Rhapsody - gave me goosebumps

I just saw it and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Love Queen.
I didn't become familiar with the band until a few years ago, so i can't speak on the accuracy, but it was entertaining.
Especially the final concert scene

meh Felt like a vh1 b-movie to me I only watched it because I had nothing else to do after watching mid 90's which is also overrated.

Malek couldnt be closer to Freddie whilst on stage. Off stage was harder for him and felt he struggled to get him right. Dude who played Brian May and Miami Beach were great. Weird to see Michael Myers looking like Fat Bastards slightly more educated cousin, but cmon, the man re-introduced a whole generation to Queen. Mike HAD to be in this movie.
I think waynes world is the first time I ever heard queen

it's a shame they totally glossed over his later years after giving up music and recovering from Aids.

e86047c0486c7299f9226ba28276a157.jpg

saving for the sequel perhaps.

Malek couldnt be closer to Freddie whilst on stage. Off stage was harder for him and felt he struggled to get him right. Dude who played Brian May and Miami Beach were great. Weird to see Michael Myers looking like Fat Bastards slightly more educated cousin, but cmon, the man re-introduced a whole generation to Queen. Mike HAD to be in this movie.
Completely agree with what you said about Malek. Fantastic on stage, but off stage I wasn't buying it much. I'm not sure if it was his fault. I can imagine Singer telling Malek to be overly flamboyant. From all the interviews I've watched of Freddie, he wasn't that. I'm sure he was different off camera, but I don't know if he was how Malek portrayed him.

Just saw it... Its long but good (YUP) .
would be a solid 7.5/10 but since there were a lot of cats in the movie it is 10/10
I would recommend.

Last edited:
Completely agree with what you said about Malek. Fantastic on stage, but off stage I wasn't buying it much. I'm not sure if it was his fault. I can imagine Singer telling Malek to be overly flamboyant. From all the interviews I've watched of Freddie, he wasn't that. I'm sure he was different off camera, but I don't know if he was how Malek portrayed him.

Yeah, agreed.
I went back and watched some interviews of Mercury after I watched this, and I didn't really get that whole 'queen', flamboyant vibe from him. He was a showman, but not the super gay dude they portrayed him as (imo)
But i'd blame that more on direction than the actor. Malek was great as Mercury on stage.

I watched the original live aid footage. Damn, they did a great job with that.

Also, looked like old boy freddie had a piece on him. No wonder gay guys wanted him.

Yeah, agreed.
I went back and watched some interviews of Mercury after I watched this, and I didn't really get that whole 'queen', flamboyant vibe from him. He was a showman, but not the super gay dude they portrayed him as (imo)
But i'd blame that more on direction than the actor. Malek was great as Mercury on stage.
I can definitely see Bryan singer telling Malek to turn up the flamboyancy.

I just saw it and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Love Queen.
I didn't become familiar with the band until a few years ago, so i can't speak on the accuracy, but it was entertaining.
Especially the final concert scene
I am the same, didnt get into them until like 4 years ago. After I saw the movie I looked up what was real and what wasnt. They obviously added a little (mike myers character) to make it more entertaining... Also in real life he didnt find out he had aids until after the final concert in the movie.. From what I read the band wasnt mad at him for doing a solo thing as they all wanted a break.... but besides that it seemed to be pretty accurate and a very good movie with great music.

I am the same, didnt get into them until like 4 years ago. After I saw the movie I looked up what was real and what wasnt. They obviously added a little (mike myers character) to make it more entertaining... Also in real life he didnt find out he had aids until after the final concert in the movie.. From what I read the band wasnt mad at him for doing a solo thing as they all wanted a break.... but besides that it seemed to be pretty accurate and a very good movie with great music.
Yeah, same here. I did a little internet search to see what was what, and it seems like it was mostly accurate, they just moved a few things around with the timeline for dramatic purposes of the movie.
The "break up" apparently wasn't that big of a deal because they all wanted to do solo stuff. The drummer had did 2 solo albulms before Freddy did anything, and the guitarist did an albulm as well.
And they hadn't "not played together for years" prior to the Africa aide concert--they had been on tour together earlier in the year or something, from what I read.

Yeah, same here. I did a little internet search to see what was what, and it seems like it was mostly accurate, they just moved a few things around with the timeline for dramatic purposes of the movie.
The "break up" apparently wasn't that big of a deal because they all wanted to do solo stuff. The drummer had did 2 solo albulms before Freddy did anything, and the guitarist did an albulm as well.
And they hadn't "not played together for years" prior to the Africa aide concert--they had been on tour together earlier in the year or something, from what I read.
didnt know the drummer did anything else. very interesting story. thanks i will look more into it

Loved it. Didn't know anything about Queen beforehand. Very little about Farrokh. But I'm a fan now!

(real life) He looked amazing during the live aid period. How quickly he went down hill is so scary...

My daughter wants me to take her to see this. Were there any uncomfortable gay scenes? I mean, she knows there are gay people, obviously but is there anything that I might feel uncomfortable sitting next to my kid watching?

There's some dude kissing, and you see some people dressed in leather chaps and all that. There's no love-making scenes or anything though.

edit: at one point I stepped out of the theater, around that time. So I might have missed something but nothing I saw was too explicit. It got a PG-13 rating, at least.

Best part of the movie is

the band giving Taylor shit for "I'm In Love With My Car". I can't stand that song either.

I recommend that you watch the 85 original live aid footage. They got so many things right on that.

Back