Just saw Bohemian Rhapsody - gave me goosebumps

Otto!

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just came back from seeing Bohemian Rhapsody. Excellent movie on all counts. Some of the younger guys may not connect with this, but as a teenager I was a huge fan of Queens so that movie resonated well with me.

The Live Aid scene brought tears to my eyes. My dad passed away 2 months before live aid in 1985 (I was 19). I remember watching that concert on TV as it was the first day since he had died that I actually felt like getting out of bed, just for that show.

Not gonna give spoilers, but well done on all counts.

I'll definitely watch it. My only problem on the surface is the PG-13 rating. I heard they toned tone a lot of stuff. Sasha Cohen wanted to go hard R and really tell Freddy's story.

At least the main actor looks like he totally nails it.

I'll definitely watch it. My only problem on the surface is the PG-13 rating. I heard they toned tone a lot of stuff. Sasha Cohen wanted to go hard R and really tell Freddy's story.

He sure does. Great choice to play Freddie.

Last edited:
Freddy Murcury is a bitch.

You mean to tell me a band’s love letter to itself is heartwarming and inspirational? No way!

It’s really too bad Baron-Cohen didn’t stay involved because Freddie’s story deserves to be told, warts and all, because that’s what made him so fascinating. This is more like a Disney film.

Last edited:
Not the biggest Queen fan tbh but Mercury was def larger than life and I don't think I've ever seen someone with so much natural charisma

Cohen can't act. At all.

I can't imagine him being anything but terrible in this.

Not really interested in life of a singer/band I not really like. I seen those VHI behind the video/documentary about Queen. I know the story.

I prefer a Metallica, or Def Leppard, or Celine Dion Movie.

it's ok.
chops and changes a fair think, doesn't go into a lot and falsified alot to make drama for a movie.

remi nails it but the film doesn't tell the real story

It's worth seeing, but if you go in expecting greatness, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I'm no Queen expert, so I don't know all the factual errors there might be, but the band playing "Fat Bottom Girls" in '74 was pretty shabby. Malek is very good as Freddie, and while the Brian May role isn't flashy, the guy is spot on. Roger argues a lot and John comes across as irrelevant. I also didn't find Freddie's girlfriend all that interesting either.

I wasn't really into it until the Live Aid finale. I saw this in IMAX, so that swoop into Wembley gave me that rollercoaster feeling. Seeing Freddie hold such a huge crowd in his hands when he's just been given a death sentence is a great climax to an otherwise good film.

Last edited:

Sasha probably just wanted to film a graphic homosexual sex scene

I'm going to see it tomorrow, how does it compare to say...Walk the Line?

Never ceases to amaze me just how many people spell Freddie's name wrong.

Massive Queen fan and i won't be watching it. According to many Queen fans on other forums it has a lot of inaccuracies in it.
Also i'm sick to death of hearing about Freddie. He was one member of a band, he wasnt' the band. He was not Queen.
From what i've read Brian and Roger had nothing much to do with the story at all, only the music.

Saw it last night. 7.5-8/10 for me.

Pros:
- Rami Malek was great, more when he was Freddie on stage vs Freddie off stage. He nailed a lot of Freddie’s mannerisms.
- dude who played Brian May was good
- Queen music is always amazing
- the last 20 minutes or so was shot for shot almost of the Live Aid show. Simply fanstastic.

Cons:
- Rami Malek’s fake teeth. Freddy didn’t look like that. And he didn’t suck his cheeks in like that either. He did though lick his lips a lot because they’d be dry due to his teeth and overbite, and that’s something Malek didn’t capture.
- Rami Malek’s portrayal of Mercury when he wasn’t on stage. He made him very flamboyant. Like overly flamboyant. Go watch Mercury interviews. Off stage he was brash at times, but he was also very shy and timid.
- the timeline was way off of when he contracted AIDS, when he started telling people and all that. Of course they did what they had to do for this movie, but the timeline for a lot of Queen was altered for movie purposes.

Overall, the movie isn’t perfect. The beginning was meh for me, started piquing my interest almost halfway through and finished incredibly strong. If you like some Queen, definitely check it out.

Just came back from seeing Bohemian Rhapsody. Excellent movie on all counts. Some of the younger guys may not connect with this, but as a teenager I was a huge fan of Queens so that movie resonated well with me.

The Live Aid scene brought tears to my eyes. My dad passed away 2 months before live aid in 1985 (I was 19). I remember watching that concert on TV as it was the first day since he had died that I actually felt like getting out of bed, just for that show.

Not gonna give spoilers, but well done on all counts.

It was alright. There were some historical inaccuracies and overdramatization for sure though. Thank god it wasn't R rated. I could barely stomach some of the scenes as it was. That dude's life was sad as fuck. The performances all around were award winning caliber stuff, and the music definitely brought back some memories.

Back