Just Saw a Muay Thai Event at Both of the Big Stadiums in Bangkok. Anyone Else?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
I'd love to hear about anyone's impressions of and in general experiences at one or both of the 'Big 2" stadiums in BKK. (Lumpinee and Rajadamnern)

Great fights with great fighters, Id love to watch it IRL one day.

I once saw a cat crash through the roof over the ring at Lumpini stadium, nearly took out the corner men as they were getting in to ring between rounds :p

Went to the last birthday show at the old lumpinee. Had a crazy line up petboonchu v saenchai, Sam-a,pakorn, nong-o combined with an insane atmosphere.even My wife,whom wasn't a Muay Thai fan back then,loved every minute of it. Would love to go to one at the new stadium cos from personal experience even when practically empty it still sounds packed

Would love too one day.

The dudes gesticulating at the right of the ring (i think at Raja) are hillarious.

I once saw a cat crash through the roof over the ring at Lumpini stadium, nearly took out the corner men as they were getting in to ring between rounds :p
Must have slipped on its own piss <Lmaoo>

nothing like the roar of the crowd, when gambling is involved people are super into it. a little sad they don't clap for fighters after wins and stuff. its sort of like they are just a product for them to make money off of. still atmosphere is awesome, love watching it live. you really see things that are harder to notice in videos. i was at the 82nd rajadamnern aniversary show in december. every fight was a title fight, place was full.

I went to the new Lumpini stadium 2 years ago, it was rather small and empty compared to what I had imagined but great atmosphere, great fights, and great sits for relatively cheap (thanks @anorak ). I'm going there again in 3 weeks.

I doubt that the cat crashed through the roof as Lumpinee's roof is made of thick concrete. I suppose it's possible that a cat got onto a platform above the ring though, and fell from that. Good story.

I doubt that the cat crashed through the roof as Lumpinee's roof is made of thick concrete. I suppose it's possible that a cat got onto a platform above the ring though, and fell from that. Good story.
yeh I'm good at stories :p

If you read the post again though I said the roof over the ring, not the actual roof sorry don't know the technical term for that :p and it was back in November the 8th, 2013 at the old Lumpini stadium not the new one, the original stadium had a corrugated iron roof, and the lighting rig over the ring was made like a roof out of plasterboard painted white. The cat crashed through the plaster board and somersaulted down onto the ring, it was between 2nd and 3rd round of 2nd fight if I remember right, and as I said just missed the cornermen getting into ring as the cat and plaster board landed just outside ropes, by blue corner. Don't know who was more shocked the cat who lost one of its 9 lives or the foreigners sat ringside by that corner that got showered in dust.

If you read the post again though I said the roof over the ring, not the actual roof sorry don't know the technical term for that :p and it was back in November the 8th, 2013 at the old Lumpini stadium not the new one, the original stadium had a corrugated iron roof, and the lighting rig over the ring was made like a roof out of plasterboard painted white. The cat crashed through the plaster board and somersaulted down onto the ring, it was between 2nd and 3rd round of 2nd fight if I remember right, and as I said just missed the cornermen getting into ring as the cat and plaster board landed just outside ropes, by blue corner. Don't know who was more shocked the cat who lost one of its 9 lives or the foreigners sat ringside by that corner that got showered in dust.

lol great story indeed. at first I thought you were joking. I doubt the cat worried too much they don't care about anything that's why I like them.

That's absolutely hillarious.

IMG_0026.jpg

theres the hole the cat made :D

Back