Just rewatched Yoel vs Whittaker

And yet he still won, 3 rounds to 2.
Yoel isn't champion. No matter how many of these dumb threads get made Yoel still lost.
Yea and GSP isn't the goat but guess what? There's fucking threads made here on the daily trying to prove to people that he is. It's an mma forum, people are going to discuss mma. Get over it.

Even if he won every rd they wouldn't have given him the decision, he needsd to finish the fight.

Frankly you're retarded if you think Whittaker did near the same amount of damage as Yoel did. Yoel concussed him at least once in both rounds 3 and 5, and if Herb was the judge the fight could've been stopped in round 5.

Straight punches to the orbital WILL SWELL up the eyes. You morons that don't spar and train at a gym think because he "sent him to the hospital with his eyes closed" means he did a lot of damage as well.

I've been hit with some nasty jabs and it feels like your face is caving in. However, I was not even rocked by any of these punches. Whittaker's winning punch for this fight was the jab and he had little success in capitalizing on it with a 1-2 or a 1-2-3

You have not trained a day in your fucking life. Anyone who has will tell you a well placed jab is one of the most damaging punches there is.

Yoels punches woulda been great if THEY HAD ACTUALLY STOPPED Whittaker. They did not nor did they do as much damage as Whittakers strikes.

Stfu and move aside.

Based on the new criteria for judging, Yoel won.

The new criteria states that rounds are won on damage, not volume (# of strikes landed) unless the damage done is even.

Yoel rocked Whittaker in rounds 3,4, and 5. Round 5 could easily be a 10-8.

The only rounds that were close were rounds 2 and 4. No one got dropped in round 2, so Whittaker won 2 on volume alone. However, round 4 had Whittaker and Yoel landing volume until Whittaker got wobbled, which won round 4 for Yoel.

I could see the fight being at best a draw, but not a win for Whittaker.
Nope. Whittaker clearly won 1,2 and 4. 3 and 5 were romero's with a possible 10-8 to romero in the fifth. The best result for romero was a draw.

I like Robert Whittaker but some of his fans are becoming among the most abnoxious on here.

Whittaker got his ass kicked, judging criteria is a joke.

I like Robert Whittaker but some of his fans are becoming among the most abnoxious on here.

Whittaker got his ass kicked, judging criteria is a joke.

D556F3B2-C79B-49EB-8517-050156203464.png

Nope. Whittaker clearly won 1,2 and 4. 3 and 5 were romero's with a possible 10-8 to romero in the fifth. The best result for romero was a draw.

This is how I saw it as well, either Rob win or a draw.

Yoel got his eye busted(damage!) and just stood there the whole round. Sounds like a 10-8. <21>

I still have it a draw.

Yea good punch in the 4th but not enough for me to award him the round till then it was only Robert and keep in mind he didn't even went down so yea.

3 vs 2 for Robert but that last one was a 10-8 so we have a draw. Champ keeps his belt imo.

Can you link me the new rules which state rounds are based off damage and not volume please?

PRIORITIZED CRITERIA: Effective Striking/Grappling
Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact. Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown.

Fun fact 2: Yoel was in such bad shape after round 4 that his team was going to throw in the towel.

Romero looked plenty damaged to me after the fight, in fact he looked more damaged than Whittaker *shrug*
And instead of throwing in the towel yoel went out and had a 10-8 round in the 5th. Your are making this easy and worse on yourself bud lol

Watch it again because there is no way in hell Yoel won round 4. He did nothing for almost all of it and didn't even hurt Whittaker that badly

Round 5 should have been a 10-8 though I agree. Whittaker didn't get much offence in and almost got finished

Back