Just rewatched Yoel vs Whittaker

"based on damage" and how did you measure so called "damage", I've seen new rules...one of most dumb things I've ever seen, made by people who probably never fought;
Robbie won, you can count sig strikes, you can count takedowns, control, sub attempts; you can't fucking count damage during fight, i'ts subjective

You measure damage by assessing the potential of the strike in question to contribute towards the end of the fight. It's not rocket science, really. That is why people attribute more weight to a strike that drops, rocks or visibly hurts someone than to a strike that doesn't put the other fighter in a situation of danger.

"Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact."

Not this shit again.

Gtfo TS you deluded blind dimwitted skidmark.

Yoel got smashed pillar to post had half his face caved in and had his munted body shipped off to the hospital.

But but he almost ko’d Whittaker.... So the fuck what he shoulda finished him them huh. Shame he couldnt.

Yoel fans are so fucking deluded and stupid.
Lol and I wonder why you have a yellow card.

Frankly you're retarded if you think Whittaker did near the same amount of damage as Yoel did. Yoel concussed him at least once in both rounds 3 and 5, and if Herb was the judge the fight could've been stopped in round 5.

Straight punches to the orbital WILL SWELL up the eyes. You morons that don't spar and train at a gym think because he "sent him to the hospital with his eyes closed" means he did a lot of damage as well.

I've been hit with some nasty jabs and it feels like your face is caving in. However, I was not even rocked by any of these punches. Whittaker's winning punch for this fight was the jab and he had little success in capitalizing on it with a 1-2 or a 1-2-3

Based on the new criteria for judging, Yoel won.

The new criteria states that rounds are won on damage, not volume (# of strikes landed) unless the damage done is even.

Yoel rocked Whittaker in rounds 3,4, and 5. Round 5 could easily be a 10-8.

The only rounds that were close were rounds 2 and 4. No one got dropped in round 2, so Whittaker won 2 on volume alone. However, round 4 had Whittaker and Yoel landing volume until Whittaker got wobbled, which won round 4 for Yoel.

I could see the fight being at best a draw, but not a win for Whittaker.
Yeah, this needed a new thread :rolleyes:
There have already been hundreds of this shit saying exactly the same.

I'm a huge Romero fan. But he fucked up and just hugged Whittaker on the fence for minutes in the 5th round.

Romero fought dumb and lost. Quit being a bitch and making excuses for another grown man.

scored it a draw
4th round goes to Whittaker, he did more damage, extensive damage, not focused only in a few strikes..
Yoel's corner thought about throwing the towel after the 4th, how people call Whittaker's performance in the 4th "point fighting" is beyond me, he was hurting Romero there

Accumulated damage of 4.5 mins in round 4 (did you see yoels eye) and he gets tagged at the end (not dropped) and loses the entire round? Ok buddeh

Fun fact: Whittaker left the fight likely heavily concussed/ knocked down multiple times and was just trying to survive half the fight while Romero was never in any danger.

Fun Fact: stating something is a fact and then immediately using the word "likely" followed by posing a biased viewpoint, doesn't make it a fact... Just your own shitty opinion.

That fight left a bad taste in my mouth

If Yoel won it would have been a big fuckin mess. And it wouldnt be good for the MW division or the ufc.

I know the athletic comission is ran by the state.. But I cant believe the ufc doesnt have any pull. That decision was just too favorable for them. Theres some funky shit going on.. Whittaker got destroyed

Fun Fact: stating something is a fact and then immediately using the word "likely" followed by posing a biased viewpoint, doesn't make it a fact... Just your own shitty opinion.
Love when people correct grammar/ word choice. Means they are triggered by what you wrote but then they realize it's true so there isn't really anything they can say lol

I watched the fight and I see Whittaker almost dying for 3 rounds.

But yea let's call him 'champ'. Yoel came looking pretty damn good, while everyone and their moms now think they can beat Whittaker...and is lineup to do it

You guys need to get over this Romero fascination it's honestly starting to get creepy

i agree, whittakers striking was "suppose" to be better too but all he landed were those cheap kicks to the knee caps of romero.
Like Romero did.to him in the first fight..
Now I'm glad Romero lost because of comments like this

Go sign up and study to be a judge then for fuck sake, crying here just makes you look like an idiot.

#andstill

Same old lesson: don't take it to the judges' decision. I would have been fine with a draw or either fighter taking that split decision - it was a very close fight - but Romero should have ended it to avoid any controversy. He couldn't, and we gotta respect Whittaker for fighting through no matter what Romero threw at him.

Based on the new criteria for judging, Yoel won.

The new criteria states that rounds are won on damage, not volume (# of strikes landed) unless the damage done is even.

Yoel rocked Whittaker in rounds 3,4, and 5. Round 5 could easily be a 10-8.

The only rounds that were close were rounds 2 and 4. No one got dropped in round 2, so Whittaker won 2 on volume alone. However, round 4 had Whittaker and Yoel landing volume until Whittaker got wobbled, which won round 4 for Yoel.

I could see the fight being at best a draw, but not a win for Whittaker.
Can you link me the new rules which state rounds are based off damage and not volume please?

Back