Just rewatched Yoel vs Whittaker

"based on damage" and how did you measure so called "damage", I've seen new rules...one of most dumb things I've ever seen, made by people who probably never fought;
Robbie won, you can count sig strikes, you can count takedowns, control, sub attempts; you can't fucking count damage during fight, i'ts subjective

Based on the new criteria for judging, Yoel won.

The new criteria states that rounds are won on damage, not volume (# of strikes landed) unless the damage done is even.

Yoel rocked Whittaker in rounds 3,4, and 5. Round 5 could easily be a 10-8.

The only rounds that were close were rounds 2 and 4. No one got dropped in round 2, so Whittaker won 2 on volume alone. However, round 4 had Whittaker and Yoel landing volume until Whittaker got wobbled, which won round 4 for Yoel.

I could see the fight being at best a draw, but not a win for Whittaker.
Dude, I'm right there with you. Watching it live I knew that Whittaker won because of the scoring system and him winning 3 rounds IMO - (just for reference I'm a fan of both fighters, but lean towards Yoel). Plus, Romero was overweight and I truly believe the judges were influenced by the fact that if Romero were to win, the MW division is a shit show. After watching the fight 3 times, I'm convinced Yoel won though. I believe that both rounds 3 & 5 were 10-8... I won't go as far to give him round 4 because Whittaker significantly out-fought him until the last 45 seconds when Yoel tagged him a couple times and had him doin the stanky leg. Still.. I had it 47-46 Romero. The judges had zero balls and the round by round scoring was absolutely in Sir Knuckles favor.

a lot of hating ass, cheeto eating virgins in this thread right now

Romero fans are easily the most delusional on this forum.

You post this knowing you're full of shit. If you don't know, then I'd have to say Whittaker fans are more delusional than Romero fans. I mean, FFS Ronda and Conor fans are at the top of the stack for being delusional, and everyone know that...

Whittakers so-called points style with a snapped hand sent Yoel to the hospital, i can't see how damage wouldn't have been considered equal in this fight

if Rob was as badly wobbled as people claim Yoel would've finished him, but he didn't

I had it a draw which should default the belt to Whittaker as he is a 185er that can make 185

Problem now is theres noone close to Yoel at 185

It was a Worse robbery than Shogun/Machida 1

Romero is the true champ.

Its getting to the point where the "judges" will need to be investigated for corruption as well as incompetence.

Also the commission needs to be investigated for racism against Romero for not allowing him the standard 2 hours to try and make weight after he missed it by 0.2 pounds.

MMA in the UFC is rigged like Pro wrestling at this point.

LOL, he came in overweight and didn't do anything for the first 2 rounds, he didn't win jack shit. Neither did he deserve to.

"based on damage" and how did you measure so called "damage", I've seen new rules...one of most dumb things I've ever seen, made by people who probably never fought;
Robbie won, you can count sig strikes, you can count takedowns, control, sub attempts; you can't fucking count damage during fight, i'ts subjective
can you count knock downs?

Not this shit again.

Gtfo TS you deluded blind dimwitted skidmark.

Yoel got smashed pillar to post had half his face caved in and had his munted body shipped off to the hospital.

But but he almost ko’d Whittaker.... So the fuck what he shoulda finished him them huh. Shame he couldnt.

Yoel fans are so fucking deluded and stupid.

oh good, this hasnt been discussed enough

You post this knowing you're full of shit. If you don't know, then I'd have to say Whittaker fans are more delusional than Romero fans. I mean, FFS Ronda and Conor fans are at the top of the stack for being delusional, and everyone know that...

It seems you need to look up the definition of "delusion" because in the REAL WORLD Whittaker has beaten Romero twice and is the mw champ.

In your made up world you are probably on a beach somewhere rubbing oil on Yoel's muscles and telling him how he is the real champ lmao

Just wondering if you're serious. Ts is completely right about it being off of damage. So who does round 4 go to?

A: Romero rocking Whittaker and making him stanky leg
B: Whittakers pitter patter point fighting in that round
Come off it Robert wasn't throwing "pitted patter" for points he landed hard shots all threwout the round he clearly hurt and did damage. Yoel bearly landed anything till the final seconds and the damage from that 1 shot didn't even knockdown robert just caused an awkward step that doesn't equal the 4+ minutes that robert teed off on yoel.

Come off it Robert wasn't throwing "pitted patter" for points he landed hard shots all threwout the round he clearly hurt and did damage. Yoel bearly landed anything till the final seconds and the damage from that 1 shot didn't even knockdown robert just caused an awkward step that doesn't equal the 4+ minutes that robert teed off on yoel.
The point is that the rounds are supposed to be scored off of damage. Who got the most damage in that round? And I'm a fan of Whittaker but about 2/3 of his strikes don't have much on them and are designed to win points. He had some good shots but nothing even phased Romero

It’s so funny, the people claiming “saltiness.” The only people who get upset in these threads are Whittaker fans. The simple facts are that according to the new rules (which this fight was contested under), rounds are now scored based on damage, and 10-8s are to be given out more liberally.

I get cheering for your guy, but the only people “salty” are the ones who have to live with knowing that Whittaker got fucked up badly and the fight was nearly stopped. Sure they gave the fight to Whittaker, but anyone who understands the sport and the current scoring knows Yoel won.

You are correct. By the plain text of the rules and if you have to score the 4th a 10-9, it has to be in Yoel's favor.

Back