Just rewatched Rockhold vs Weidman

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Luke Rockhold dominated Chris Weidman. Luke outstruck Chris with numerous hard body kicks, leg kicks, and he landed some clean straight lefts. Luke also dominated on the ground buzzsawing through Weidman’s face in the 3rd and 4th.

My question is why do some people keep saying that “Weidman was winning before the wheel kick”?

Luke won rounds 1 and 2 as confirmed by 2 out of 3 judges. 2 out of 3 judges had Rockhold up 20-18 coming into the 3rd so it’s inaccurate to say that “Weidman was winning before the wheel kick”.

C8B8ECD9-1878-4962-9B85-192D0BE3CDCB.jpeg

It was a good fight but Luke was dominant which led to his 4th round KO (should have been stopped in the 3rd).

After rewatching the fight, Luke should win the rematch as he is just the better fighter.

32388415-AC1C-4D12-838A-C84EA3A27650.jpeg

Thoughts?

Idk i was just having this discussion in another thread. People see what they wanna see i guess. I had Chris winning the 1st but i thought it was clear he was losing from the 2nd round on.

My thoughts are Luke Rockhold with a proper hairline is a very beautiful man as long as he doesn't open his mouth.

o.63065.jpg

I was there. Had money on The Chris as well. Was surprised to hear people thought he was winning that fight cause I thought Luke was getting the better of him everywhere.

All I remember is that the octagon girls were giggling super hard as those two were squaring off at the weigh-ins

Only time I've seen em more excited was when Ubereem took his shirt off against Bork

Just posted somewhere else on the same thing, but all applies. I see Rockhold winning the 2nd fight handily.

people say chris was winning cuz they hate luke

Rockhold was in control from the beginning, I do remember getting the impression that Rockhold's boxing defense was suspect from this fight though. Chris just wasn't enough of a killer on the feet to totally expose it.

Weidman was definitely in it though.

All I remember is that the octagon girls were giggling super hard as those two were squaring off at the weigh-ins

Only time I've seen em more excited was when Ubereem took his shirt off against Bork

They couldn't help themselves.

Luke-Rockhold-2017-Frye-Modern-Icons-Campaign-004.jpg

Weidman is pretty cute too.

ufcgothammag3.jpg

I thought The Chris won most of round 1. Luke stopped his control towards the end and took the rest of the fight. That's my opinion.

Rockhold is hard to beat if you're trying to impose a grappling gameplan.

Been saying this for a while now.

I have no clue why people keep saying that "luke took over after the kick"... nah, Luke was pretty much winning the whole fight.

That 4th round could have been a 10-8 for Luke. And he would have won the 5th to get the UD.

I sure hope he wins again.

You all missed the point of the first fight. It doesn't matter what happened in the fight, this is all that matters:

It's the hallmark card we all wished we would have gotten from our dads.

I haven't watched it in a while, but I remembered Weidman barely Edging out the first round, clearly losing the second, and slowly taking over round 3 until the wheel kick, though the merciless beating made it a 10-7 in my eyes. The fight could have been stopped ten times over.

I believed it was 1-1 going into the 3rd and thought the tide was in Weidman's favor. I can't remember details but I thought Weidman was the aggressor in the 3rd.

Last edited:
Back