Just rewatched GSP vs BJ II

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Matty da Ranga, Jun 13, 2018.

1. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

Definitely a no mas moment. BJ didn't want anymore. If he did, he would have turned around and answered the bell.

GSP gave him concussions and completely broke him.

Workaholic and Po like this.
  2. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

The G is for "Greatest Triggerer of TheRassler"

Workaholic likes this.
  3. rumbler11

rumbler11 White Belt

In hindsight, we re-watch the fight and say, "of course BJ got wrecked!" But during the fight, the odds practically even. I was rooting for GSP, but seeing as how BJ kicked GSP's ass in standup in the first fight, I thought it would have been MUCH closer. Totally surprised when BJ's corner stopped the fight.

4. BoD 2.0

BoD 2.0 Brown Belt

So whenever a corner stops the fight, it's a "No Mas" moment? What about when a ref stops it? That kind of takes away the significance of the Duran No Mas moment doesn't it?

When Nick Diaz threw the towel in for Nate, was that a "No Mas" moment? When Arturro Gatti's corner stopped the fight against Floyd, was that a "No Mas" moment? When Correles's corner stopped the fight against Castillo, was that a 'No Mas" moment? Have you really thought this through, or just hating on BJ?

gono btw, Dozer . and Matty da Ranga like this.
  5. Turf Skirmish

Turf Skirmish Blue Belt

You just made me realize that I watch tons of fights in reruns, but I rarely seek them out on purpose. Is that strange?

6. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

When the ref is asking if you still want to fight and you don't say yes sir and turn around and put your fists up to ready yourself for the next round, you've admitted defeat and are implying "no mas".

GSP put the beats on BJ worse than anyone did ever.

When it's a TKO, is that a no mas moment? Is tapping the only thing you'd accept as "no mas"?

I probably watched Penn fight and was a fan of Penn before you were. I've been watching since the SEG era. I'm just not and never will be a delusional fan.

7. GSP vs Conor in 2019

GSP vs Conor in 2019 Jon Stark Belt Platinum Member

As a GSP fan, I wish he lost the first fight vs Penn. His unavenged loss streak would have still remained in play. And if that first fight was 5 rounds, I'm unsure GSP would have been able to continue. He was beaten so badly.

8. BoD 2.0

BoD 2.0 Brown Belt

So now I'm a delusional fan, because I can recognize when a guy was completely beaten but still never said quit? His corner stopped it, and thank god they did. GSP was across the ring doing jumping jacks between rounds lol BJ has proven to be one of the toughest guys in the sport, with the way he hung in there vs Diaz, Rory and GSP (for the 4 rounds) and others. For you to tarnish his name and insult him, by comparing him to Duran's No Mas moment, is retarded and delusional.

Dozer . and Matty da Ranga like this.
  9. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

I never compared him to Duran's No mas moment, you did lol

Yes, you're completely delusional if you can't accept that a guy that doesn't go out there to fight didn't accept defeat.

I hated BJ vs GSP fights because they were 2 of my favourite fighters. It's completely asinine for you to take away from GSP's win by not admitting that he broke BJ and made him give up. They asked BJ if he wanted to continue and did he say yes he did? No, he didn't.

Rory, nor Diaz put the beating on BJ that Georges did, which is why he came out to fight the next rounds. You need to park that fanboyism at the door and learn how to be an impartial fan.

10. Idonotbelieveit

Idonotbelieveit winning

Gsp was scary. He made Hughes look silly. Bj no surprise really.

11. Hardkore

Hardkore Steel Belt

The win will always be tainted imo

Dozer ., Matty da Ranga and GuanoApes like this.
  12. Hardkore

Hardkore Steel Belt

Maybe maybe not. He was probably concussed.

13. Hardkore

Hardkore Steel Belt

BJ later admitted his jaw and head hurt for weeks after the fight and he had memory loss. I think he absorbed like 300 strikes if I recall correctly

L0ki likes this.
  14. Bend NvR Break

Bend NvR Break Standing still is actually moving back

GSP won the first fight to me. I don't think BJ actually had a realistic shot at beating GSP in the 2nd fight besides a KO shot (which was within the realm of possibilities). GSP had the wrestling the neutralize BJ's BJJ. He had the cardio, size and strength advantage. He had the striking to make BJ pay for getting reckless with his boxing.

But his win will always be tainted by grease. Which he didn't need to win.

15. Idonotbelieveit

Idonotbelieveit winning

thats all the haters have.
    grease or not gsp owned him

16. GordoBarraBJJ

GordoBarraBJJ Gold Belt

Vasaline and Alien vitamins are a hella of combination.

Dozer . and Matty da Ranga like this.
  17. Boganzo

Boganzo Green Belt

I have watch that fight dozens of times. What sticks out to me is that yeah-BJ looked like he had a lot of trouble getting a higher guard like a rubber guard or whatever he was going for. It kept sliding off because GSP was lubricated and BJ could not get any sort of firm control.

Always amazed when people disregard Blatent cheating though. “Oh you’re just mad because your boy lost“ i’m a 32-year-old man. I don’t live vicariously through any fighter. Another thing that interest me in particular about sports fans is how they try to live vicariously through their favorite athletes and even pretend as if they are a member of their entourage.

Anyway, not a big fan of cage grabs, Eye pokes, Greasing, or other manipulations of the rules. Steroids etc. GSP cheated his ass off in this fight

18. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

Yeah GSP cheated his ass off...... Lol his corner applied the Vaseline and it was removed and BJ still couldn't do anything.

19. Hardkore

Hardkore Steel Belt

Lol it's the truth, he obviously thought he needed it in advance of BJs rubber guard

Dozer ., Matty da Ranga and gono btw like this.
  20. Idonotbelieveit

Idonotbelieveit winning

Nice advantage but a huge factor in fight?
    Bj had good first round then gassed. He was fighting up a weight. Expected imo.
    Gsp ruined him