Just rewatched GSP vs Alves. LOL at anyone who thinks Anderson would've had a chance against GSP

Maxy bby

Terrible cardio belt
Banned
Reaction score
Holy hell was this a one-sided beatdown, almost forgot how dominant GSP was. A lot of people thought Alves was too big and strong for GSP but then they ate their words lol

Seriously, Anderson couldn't stop Lutter from mounting him, or Chael/Weidman from taking him down, so what's he gonna do against GSP's wrestling and ground game. GSP has also never been submitted from the bottom so that's not happening.

Anderson's striking was overrated imo, and I think GSP would outjab, outland and hurt Anderson on the feet before taking him down and smashing his face in. gsp also had a better chin

No educated MMA fan can disagree with this assessment. I don't care if the fight was at 170, 185, 205....whatever.

Prime Anderson has literally no chance against the undisputed GOAT

Last edited:
GSP wouldn't last 1 minute against the Spider. That's why he ducked him his whole UFC career.

Jon Fitch smashed Alves.

Dude was one dimensional, and goes on to have a career skid he never recovers from.

This doesn't say much of anything about Silva, who has his own problems, but this isn't a corollary.

It is sad when a fighter's fans have more faith in him against a certain opponent than he has in himself.

GSP wouldn't last 1 minute against the Spider. That's why he ducked him his whole UFC career.
“Come on man, you think I’m afraid of a spider? I do what I want, how I want, whenever I want. Now fack off man”.
sztkll.jpg

I'd give Anderson a chance but imo GSP takes it.

GSP never expressed interest in an Anderson superfight.

All he did was say it would take a year to put on 15 lbs of muscle to move up to MW.

Which he conveniently did when Bisping was champ.

GSP never expressed interest in an Anderson superfight.

All he did was say it would take a year to put on 15 lbs of muscle to move up to MW.

Which he conveniently did when Bisping was champ.

The only times he showed interest was when Anderson just had an off night in the octagon. Of course afterwards Anderson would look like a killer again and all of a sudden GSP's interest in a fight disappeared.

Lol'd at the OP

Lol'd at the fact the thread was already wastelanded.

Thanks for afternoon laughter TS

You joined on monday and already want to play with the big boys?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Let me guess.. Your last account got banned for trolling and flaming?

GSP would have rag-dolled an even juiced up cheating spider. That's how much better he was compared to Anderson.

It is sad when a fighter's fans have more faith in him against a certain opponent than he has in himself.

It's a variant of the "the Dunning-Kruger effect."

OP just watched GSP's Alves fight and ran straight to sherdog. GSP on the other hand trains everyday and remembers his first Serra fight, his Condit fight, how hard all his fights were. And he has to think about Anderson's fights against guys like Lutter, Hendo, and Marquardt where he survived on the ground and then finished them off. I.E. It's normal...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Last edited:
Holy hell was this a one-sided beatdown, almost forgot how dominant GSP was. A lot of people thought Alves was too big and strong for GSP but then they ate their words lol

Seriously, Anderson couldn't stop Lutter from mounting him, or Chael/Weidman from taking him down, so what's he gonna do against GSP's wrestling and ground game. GSP has also never been submitted from the bottom so that's not happening.

Anderson's striking was overrated imo, and I think GSP would outjab, outland and hurt Anderson on the feet before taking him down and smashing his face in. gsp also had a better chin

No educated MMA fan can disagree with this assessment. I don't care if the fight was at 170, 185, 205....whatever.

I agree with pretty much everything except silver having over rated standup...in his prime, silver was unbeatable on the feet...simple as that...he made guys look silly.

If you think Anderson Silva's striking is over-rated, you have not been watching the sport for very long! Besides maybe Jon Jones, no other MMA fighter has ever had the ability to end a fight in more ways. If you look at his whole history, he has KO'd guys from every position. He even KO'd Yushin Okani from his back. Illegal strike, yes, but it sure was impressive!

GSP by decision would have been a safe bet if the fight happened 5 years ago.

On the other hand Silva would look like he'd been to the convenience store and back without a scratch, while GSP would look like he'd been attacked by 5 goons on his way home from the park.

GSP coming out of the woodwork to challenge Bisping says it all.

Last edited:
GSP 50-45
it would've looked a lot like Sonnen-Silva 1...minus the miracle triangle at the end.
Prime Silva was so dangerous, but GSP always sticks to the game plan to secure the win. Play it safe wins again in a pretty boring affair.

they are of similar age and both fairly active, so fight 5 years ago would be same as it would be now, sadly spider is on a restriction.

So much dumbass in one post...

Back