Just rewatched Ferguson vs. Pettis again

What? Any other referee would have stopped the fight in that second round. Herb Dean probably also thought Weidman took no damage from Luke in that GnP.
Nope. No referee would've stopped that. Khabib landed nothing clean. Conor looked fresh as a daisy after the fight, only mark on his face was from the punch that dropped him.

it's when cruz says dumb shit like this, that i miss goldie the most.
Especially when he's with Rogan. He doesn't try to have a discussion and is closed minded. Pretty much says Joe you don't know shit here is why I'm right. You can say what you want about Rogan but when it comes to commentary he's pretty open to everyones opinions.

I didnt notice anything. Also, Pettis has looked like that since USADA

Cruz and Rogan commentating together is a continuous juvenile pissing contest

Cruz and Rogan commentating together is a continuous juvenile pissing contest
I agree, its awful to listen too. And Cruz is so sarcastic and always waiting for any tiny mistake from Rogan and Anik so he can correct them. I can't stand the man. Cormier is soooooooooo much better, at least Cormier is very witty and funny and he can laugh at himself.

Get Cruz out please, Good lord he is so unlikable.

If tony was a little less weird and fan friendly he would be an insane draw.he has everything to be a superstar except the personality.

Two women kissing can be a beautiful thing. Two men kissing is just plain disgusting. Can you say double standards much? :)
Just my 2 cents but whatever floats your boat man
Or, indeed, whatever waxes my banister. And my av does. Oh, does it ever.

Nope. No referee would've stopped that. Khabib landed nothing clean. Conor looked fresh as a daisy after the fight, only mark on his face was from the punch that dropped him.
Khabib landed some monster shots on the ground and Mcgregor was clearly very hurt from them but it was never anything that could've had the fight stopped. Mcgregor was doing good avoiding some of the shots but he still took plenty of damage.

Ferguson looked very hurt to me when his leg was kicked but I think Ferguson is just such a fucking savage that he didn't give a fuck.
I thought his cardio also didn't look as good (makes sense considering injury) but he still didn't slow down even after showing signs of gassing (which he never has before) and still just kept a monster pace, Fergson's pain tolerance is second to none.

I think Tony's a next level, 4 dimensional fighter with the level of his elbow mastery which is one of the biggest weapons in MMA

A great submission artist and all round fighter. He can do a backwards roll when he's rocked.

The spinning elbow would be one of the greatest highlights of all time if he scores a knockout with it.

This is just stuff you don't see from anyone else apart from Jones and Silva having good elbows.

I think he's just a living highlight reel and most fighters don't fight in as exciting a way as him where you don't know what's coming next IMO

His cardio is a huge part of the arsenal. The guy's conditioning is ridiculous and few are able to match him in that area. That's the scary part because he can come at you with ridiculous pressure and make you wilt with his diverse offense. Pettis had him hurt badly and yet by the end of the round, Pettis was the one getting lit up and losing. You can't give the guy space because he's going to pour it on.

Ferg is like a worst case scenario for an opponent. Very durable and with insane recovery so even if you're a dangerous striker, you don't have an easy path to putting him away. Tremendous ground skills so you can't submit him and cannot even get into really advantageous positions against him on the ground because he's got such a slick tricky game complete with sweeps and a dangerous guard. Very good striking and a gas tank that backs it up so that if you stat to fatigue down the stretch, he's just going to make the fight increasingly lopsided.

Ferguson probably will wind up being remembered as a legend of the sport. Very skilled in all areas and in tremendously entertaining fights each time out.

That one leg kick pettis landed seemed to do damage on his leg.
it was a little wobbly not gonna lie.

but you dont need good footwork against pettis. you just have to walk him down, which is exactly what tony did.

Re-watched a few days ago and fuckkkk what a fight.

Pettis did really well early, better then I remembered - Tony is such a slow-started and comes in with his chin straight up that Pettis was landing everything he threw.

Ultimately the pressure started to break him - once he stopped moving laterally at the end of the first Tony pinned him against the cage and started to take over.

Despite that Pettis almost killed him thrice at the start of the 2nd; think he hurt his hand throwing a downward hammer fist on the top of Tony’s skull when Tony dropped for the second time and tried that crazy somersault.

Don’t think Pettis broke it but who knows, he was still throwing it and landing clean, Tony is just a fucking zombie when it comes to being able to take damage and keep moving forward. Once Pettis was stuck on the cage Tony could perfectly gauge the distance on those elbows and start slicing.

Hell of a fight, even if Pettis’ hand was fine he wasn’t getting out of that 3rd round.

Last edited:
Was Tony playing possum in the first minute acting like his knee was about to give out (a la Henry Cejudo vs. DJ 2) or was it just more dumb commentating form Rogan and Cruz?

Either way, please don't pair Rogan with Cruz ever again for commentary. My goodness.

Edit: Pettis looked outta shape as fuck with that flabby gut. Dude looked soft all around with no definition whatsoever.
He's not out of shape, his testosterone has shut off (imo) he was probably a steroid user at one point. He def had a dramatic downhill skid since losing to RDA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back