Just rewatched Ferguson vs. Pettis again

3lite

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Was Tony playing possum in the first minute acting like his knee was about to give out (a la Henry Cejudo vs. DJ 2) or was it just more dumb commentating form Rogan and Cruz?

Either way, please don't pair Rogan with Cruz ever again for commentary. My goodness.

Edit: Pettis looked outta shape as fuck with that flabby gut. Dude looked soft all around with no definition whatsoever.

Last edited:
I think it might've been bothering him but maybe not as bad as Rogan was letting on. Awesome fight from start to finish.

Cruz went full tard that night, saying Conor might be trying to gas Khabib out by letting him GnP him to Bolivian.

Not one of his better nights on the mic.

Cruz went full tard that night, saying Conor might be trying to gas Khabib out by letting him GnP him to Bolivian.

it's when cruz says dumb shit like this, that i miss goldie the most.

it did look little wobbly and considering his major surgery he was coming off of, i didnt think the commentators overreacted too much. Great fight by the way

I think Tony's a next level, 4 dimensional fighter with the level of his elbow mastery which is one of the biggest weapons in MMA

A great submission artist and all round fighter. He can do a backwards roll when he's rocked.

The spinning elbow would be one of the greatest highlights of all time if he scores a knockout with it.

This is just stuff you don't see from anyone else apart from Jones and Silva having good elbows.

I think he's just a living highlight reel and most fighters don't fight in as exciting a way as him where you don't know what's coming next IMO

After a major surgery even if everything works fine it still feels.... weird for a while

Tony came back after 6 months. That's insane on it's own, and we all know how fast and hard Pettis can kick

I think his knee didn't feel how he was expecting when it got kicked and he had to adjust, but it wasn't actually hurt so he was able to just push through it

We all know a little pain isn't stopping El Cucuy from bringing the violence

Cruz is terrible. Hes great in studio but as a live commentator hes fucking awful.

Ufc needs to can his ass. Maybe he will start fighting again?

Except Conor took zero damage from the GnP, so what Cruz said wasn't that silly.

Cruz is terrible. Hes great in studio but as a live commentator hes fucking awful.

Ufc needs to can his ass. Maybe he will start fighting again?

He better call up DJ for a fight at 135 cause he sure as hell ain't fighting Cody or TJ again.

I took from that that Ferguson is a savage, once again, and that he deserves a title shot.

And he’s in my top 5-6 P4P

The only thing i like about tony is the chip on his shoulder.... but he ate it... because he doesnt like chips.....

Except Conor took zero damage from the GnP, so what Cruz said wasn't that silly.

What? Any other referee would have stopped the fight in that second round. Herb Dean probably also thought Weidman took no damage from Luke in that GnP.

Cruz is hilarious because he thinks every fighter has the same ability as him. He's all like why doesn't he just get up?

re-watched it again?

this was the third time you saw it?

Its just about impossible that Tony's knee was back at 100%.

I think it would be weird to ignore it since that was obviously the big story about Tony this year, it needs to be addressed in the commentating.

Am I the only one that had that fight 1 rd each going into 3rd.? People act like Ferg just fucking dominated Pettis. Dont see it.

Has Dom come out and said anything about this? I don’t feel like he needs to apologise or anything but damn, it was a zero i.q call

Back