Just read Alice in Chains the untold story

He was a junkie just like Weiland.. to the core.

AIC was an amazing band though.

What'd you expect? It's a book designed to sell copies so it's going to focus on and liberally embellish the salacious gossip. In AiC's case, that means focusing on the two junkies. Cantrell's a class act. Inez and Kinney are good dudes. Translation: boring. Their stories aren't going to attract the attention of the casual rock-bio reader who simply wants to consume savagely bacchanalian tales of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll.

You have a point, there hundreds of bands I prefer to Motley Crue but "The Dirt" was a great read into debauchery.

Quit glorifying junkies. They're basically emotional cripples.

he wasn't the only one in the band who had issues. It was Sean and Jerry who decided to not go out on tour not Layne. It's easy to blame it on Layne but he did show up ready to tour with Metallica but Sean got pissed when Layne hadn't kicked his drug habits and refused to tour with him and Jerry felt the same. That's the time Layne did the Mad Season gig and concerts.

I never knew that. I still love Alice in chains but I can't listen to much of there stuff today, in particular Dirt as I had a significant drug problem back in the day and Dirt ignites a spark in me that I don't like and that was my favorite album

I have no interest in knowing how shitty people that have made some of my favorite art have been. It's why i hate it when celebrities talk about their opinions on things that end up souring me on them; it's their right to do so, but I just hate hearing it/reading it.

Back