Just put flags on the quarterback

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If coaches, players and pundits don't understand the new tackling the quarterback rule, how do they plan to enforce it?

Just put red flags on the quarter back. If a defender snatches it off of him, the play is dead.

If they do that, then the option will be coming back to NFL

I like to see that actually.

Tim Tebow can come back now.

Or unless you are saying, tackling allowed if past line of scrimmage. Well even still, smaller more mobile QB who can escape pocket like Doug Flutie be more useful.

The way the rule is written makes it too difficult to make consistently fair calls.

QBs wearing flags imo would be more entertaining than QB hits being a penalty 50% of the time.

If coaches, players and pundits don't understand the new tackling the quarterback rule, how do they plan to enforce it?

Just put red flags on the quarter back. If a defender snatches it off of him, the play is dead.

So flag football?

Here's what pass rushers should do...

Everyone hit the QB like a pre-lockout Scott Stevens would hit guys crossing center ice would.

It's pretty bad when Derek Carr and Ben Roethlisberger are speaking out against the new rules.

Even Carr said that he'd rather have had Hayes land on him than tear his ACL

Or unless you are saying, tackling allowed if past line of scrimmage. Well even still, smaller more mobile QB who can escape pocket like Doug Flutie be more useful.
I still say if the quarterback passes the line of scrimmage, he can be "killed". As long as he is on the other side. Use a flag.

I still say if the quarterback passes the line of scrimmage, he can be "killed". As long as he is on the other side. Use a flag.

In that case, I think be way more deep post routes. QBs less afraid to leave pocket buy way more time. Spreading out the backfield leaving more room for RBs on the edges.

True. NFL is pretty weak now. Plus the players believe in kneeling like peons.

funny, and obvious, how this has been a 'concern' but never a 'point of emphasis' for the last 40 years.
lawsuits will do that to a league.

Clay Matthews, American hero, isn't allowed to legally hit a QB anymore because he did the world a favor by drone striking a terrorist.

clay-matthews-hit-on-colin-kaepernick.gif

Sad state of affairs. NFL needs to die off and have a new league come in and go back to smashmouth football where we don't tolerate race baiting terrorists.

Clay Matthews, American hero, isn't allowed to legally hit a QB anymore because he did the world a favor by drone striking a terrorist.

clay-matthews-hit-on-colin-kaepernick.gif

Sad state of affairs. NFL needs to die off and have a new league come in and go back to smashmouth football where we don't tolerate race baiting terrorists.

I think I watched that 20x just now.

It’s getting to that point, isn’t it? This league has been working for years to water down defense tho from the chucking rule, to the defenseless receiver rule -it’s all bullcrap that’s making the sport more unbearable to watch.

Maybe the Eagles won the last real Super Bowl.

Unless you argue the shit was watered down years ago.

Rich men in suits eventually water everything good down. Trying to increase safety makes perfect sense. Trying to increase safety for one position to the point it seems like QBs are in a different sport than everybody else - because it stands to make more money?

<3>

They deserve to lose large chunks of their viewership for this and a bunch of other shit.

I could see myself slowing down on foosball in the new future. I'm sleep most of Sundays, anyway.

Also, I'm sicknof the fucking Chargers getting a monopoly of on the time slot their games come on. They aren't here anymore!

its not even just the quarterbacks. its everyone. its like everytime there is a big hit they throw the flag out of instinct. if it was a hard hit it MUST have been illegal. they are really opening the doors for these new leagues coming to form a niche for themselves

Back