Just noticed Dana refusing to buckle the title around Woodley's waist.

Dana trying to be a bigger stain on combat sports than Arum/King combined.

That's because DC falls in line...
DC and Dana had an agreement for the HW fight.

DC had his "eye" on the fight with Brock and Dana would support anything that would give a nudge in that direction.

There will come a time where Dana will have pissed off every UFC champion, but the situation with Stipe will probably never be topped lol
01_553_999399416156237831516552301.3536.jpg

What happened?

He hasn't talked about it for awhile, you're right, which is why I don't hold it against him anymore.

I brought up the MM example, because it's one that sticks out in my mind, as I thought it was absurd when he said it and it was easily debunked. I can't remember much else, I guess because I didn't pay too much attention to it/I ignored it up to a certain point. Kind of like the Covington non sense.

You're right that he could be used to bring in a different demographic, why the UFC hasn't been jumping at the opportunity I honestly don't know. It's not like Ty is the first ever Black champ, Silva, Jones, Evans, Jackson, there have been many Black champions and fighters to follow, some of them were the biggest draws ever(all brought different things to the table though), Silva and Jones were big draws when they were on top. If Jones ever comes back, he could be a draw again, he's still the best in the sport, even if he's been out for awhile.

The thing is though, Ty needs to keep putting on performances like he had against Till.

I've said all along, he has so much going for him as a fighter that he could be marketable. KO power, impressive specimen, athletic af, well rounded, few if any holes in his game etc.

He's had some bad luck with title fights because of the matchups. It's hard to look good against Wonderboy and Maia.

Tyron isn't the first black champ, of course, but he is one of the guys that doesn't get into trouble, and is actively seeking out things to do in the entertainment industry.
He's hanging out with Ludacris in his Champ Camp videos, and he just did a song with Wiz Khalifa. Khalifa isn't Jay-Z, but he is a well known guy. This is just ridiculously easy promoting that the UFC could be doing.
The problem with Silva was that he didn't speak English, and Jones was playing the good Christian boy angle, while banging hookers and don't coke behind the cameras--he wasn't really about trying to promote himself in the way that Tyron has.

Performances like the ones against Till will take Tyron far, but that shit isn't all in his control. He HAS HAD perfromances like he had against Till. That's how he won the belt to start with.
But styles make fights. Maia and WB were bad match ups if you were expecting to see fireworks..and then they did WB and Tyron 2x in a row. That was on the UFC for expecting something drastically different to happen.

And again, this all comes down to the promoter. No matter how boring Dana may think Tyron is, it's his job to convince the public that his champion is the greatest champion that ever champed. It's not his job to "keep it real". It's his job to promote. Tyron and the UFC would be much better off if Dana actually did his job.

Dana must have a serious gambling problem.

That's the only way I can explain his behaviour. He must be not liking these results because he's busy getting buttfucked in Vegas {<jordan}

Dana plays favorites, gets emotional, and doesn’t do a good enough job recognizing talent and promoting it properly.

Tyron isn't the first black champ, of course, but he is one of the guys that doesn't get into trouble, and is actively seeking out things to do in the entertainment industry.
He's hanging out with Ludacris in his Champ Camp videos, and he just did a song with Wiz Khalifa. Khalifa isn't Jay-Z, but he is a well known guy. This is just ridiculously easy promoting that the UFC could be doing.
The problem with Silva was that he didn't speak English, and Jones was playing the good Christian boy angle, while banging hookers and don't coke behind the cameras--he wasn't really about trying to promote himself in the way that Tyron has.

Performances like the ones against Till will take Tyron far, but that shit isn't all in his control. He HAS HAD perfromances like he had against Till. That's how he won the belt to start with.
But styles make fights. Maia and WB were bad match ups if you were expecting to see fireworks..and then they did WB and Tyron 2x in a row. That was on the UFC for expecting something drastically different to happen.

And again, this all comes down to the promoter. No matter how boring Dana may think Tyron is, it's his job to convince the public that his champion is the greatest champion that ever champed. It's not his job to "keep it real". It's his job to promote. Tyron and the UFC would be much better off if Dana actually did his job.
"banging hookers" name 1

And If he was banging anyone he doesn't have to pay for it. I know that bothers you a lot, he's a handsome 6'4" millionare, famous professional fighter.

"banging hookers" name 1

And If he was banging anyone he doesn't have to pay for it. I know that bothers you a lot, he's a handsome 6'4" millionare, famous professional fighter.
Lol oh shutup. I actually like Jon. I was a huge fan of his, but he likes coke, partying, and girls--those things ususally go together.

Lol it's also funny, because Jon had the same reaction when DC talked about him "sandblasting prostitutes".
DC: "This guy is doing steroids, cocaine, and sandblasting prostitutes!"
Jon: ".....prostitutes?"

Dana honestly needs to start a pro wrestling org. he obviously likes predetermined winners. MMA isnt the sport for him

the obvious favouritism towards certain (white) fighters is mind boggling.

I'll never get over how the did Jose dirty by showing the backstage footage after the conor fight. Yet nothing was released when Nate made conor quit.

i agree with everything except this. tyron couldve chosen to you know, actually fight during those FIGHTS.

"banging hookers" name 1

The rich and famous pay for their woman one way or another..

Yeah I hate Dana as much as or more than most but there is nothing here did anyone even watch this? Dana puts the belt on, pats him on the waist, then goes and talks to come people in the background like 99.99999% of all fights.

The expression on Dana's face looked like he was disposing off some dogshit. He didn't buckle the belt properly and he left the venue and did not attend the press conference after a very successful night of fights.

It's embarrassing that a promoter puts the belt on the champ.

Let the coach do it.

01_553_999399416156237831516552301.3536.jpg

Stipe took the belt from dana and gave him to his coach
All that after giving dana a semi-heart attack by derailing the UFC's finest hype project
Dana paid cormier a shit load to move up and take that belt, see how fucking happy he was after the fight.

People are enjoying it but it shouldn't be that way -- very obvious that he dislikes Woodley and was so butt hurt that Tyron smashed that great white hype

Not as mad as he was after Stipe smashed the shit out of Great Black Hope Francis. That dude was hyped and pushed WAY, WAY more than Till was.

Spare us the played out ‘Tryin To Keep blacks Down’ crap.

Despite the irony, Tyron is the closest thing right now to Dana's Tyson. He has incredible 1 punch KO power early in the fight, and he's black.
What???

Tyson was box office, selling ppvs at the time. He was a promoters dream.

Also, shit, never noticed Woodley is black. Good eye!

Not as mad as he was after Stipe smashed the shit out of Great Black Hope Francis. That dude was hyped and pushed WAY, WAY more than Till was.

Spare us the played out ‘Tryin To Keep blacks Down’ crap.
Exactly. When you have a dominant champ who doesn't sell... you HAVE to promote the contender. Not hard to figure out. If theyd have told everyone Stipe will likely outwrestle Ngannou, and Till is unproven, so the guy you already dont wanna watch will likely win..

He has done this many times. It makes it easier to take the belt off. When you snap it all the way in place, you actually have to have someone remove it from you.

Back