Just me or is everyone an alcoholic?

Besides the people that are physically addicted to it what I've gotten out of rehab is alcoholism isn't really about how much or how often you drink it's more why you feel you need to drink. If it's to unwind with a beer or two after a long hard days work have at it. Just don't let it control your life.

This right here. There were points in the past years where I was drinking because I needed it, boredom and all. I'd come back from work and otw home pick up a 6 pack or whatever amount that I calculated would get me drunk enough to be able to go to sleep drunk or pass out... I think that qualifies/qualified

Exactly. It could be any of those things, including he is terminally ill riddled with cancer and COPD. It's possible that it's absolutely true but he has 1 in 10,000,000 genetics and it's still of no use in as a general guidance for health.

What makes you think he is telling the truth? Maybe he's old and senile and doesn't know what is true.
Did you watch the video?

I dont drink for days and weeks and months at a time . But once the jqld train starts it cannot be stopped.

I would distinguish between liking an alcoholic drink vs liking alcohol. I love beer, possibly a GnT or a tot of Baileys. But generally if there's no beer I'm not drinking. If given the choice between wine vs nothing, I'll often take the nothing. That tells the me motivating factor isn't alcohol itself.

I don't think thats accurate.

http://time.com/5166514/moderate-drinking-live-longer-study/

I think it's like most things in life (except tobacco and methamphetamine), in moderation and you'll be ok.

Yeah the alcohol industry has put a lot of effort into stuff like that. The study I read looked sound to me, and there is no ulterior motive. Nobody profits from a study that says booze is bad. However, there are some very powerful lobbies that profit from a study that says booze is good.

As part owner Of a few in bars and restaurants I can tell you there are plenty of drunks all over the place from all walks of life. Rich, poor, good looking, ugly, big tits, small tits it Doesn't matter

Nah, I like to smoke.

Can’t handle large amounts of liquor.

I used to binge but I can't even sleep at night anymore without 5 or 6 beers after my home invasion so now I drink every night until my girl tells me to take some days off. Then I just don't sleep

That's what's called lying to oneself. It boggles my mind how some people claim that's not a drinking problem, and when I ask them if they can go two days without it, they respond with something like "I don't have to prove anything to anyone". You don't have to be a jobless bum pissing your pants to be an alcoholic.

Same with weed or anything else. I don't have an issue with it but can't help but roll my eyes when people smoke 3 times a day, claim they don't have a problem yet can't go a single day without it, and their excuse is "at least it's not alcohol".

I feel alcohol is even more of a problem because it's so socially acceptable. When you're in college and drinking every day it's "cool", but when you're 30 and drinking every day it's alcoholism.
You sound so not cool.

Help me

<DCrying>

Back