Just me or is everyone an alcoholic?

I’m a full blown binge drinker. I don’t usually drink mon-thurs. unless I have a work thing, but those are only 3 drinks max. And are rare. But Friday’s I usually have 6-7 beers. Saturday I have about 4-5 beers and 3-4 vodkas....strong ones. I don’t crave it during the week at all. But I need at least one blow out over the weekend for stress relief. I’m going to tone it back, because my tolerance is getting stupid. In New Orleans I had a mix of beer, hurricanes, grenades, shots, vodkas in the teens and still drank the next day in same fashion.

I quit because of bodybuilding reasons brah. Trying to get jacked over here! What?!?!?!

Yup and day drinking sucks dick. You get hungover before you even go to sleep, what kind of shit is that? It is legal to drink and drive during the day though so there's the benefit I guess, no cop's going to pull you over at noon assuming your wasted.

You’re doing it wrong. With day drinking, it is important to know when to stop drinking, but equally important to know when not to stop drinking, and that is not until you’re about to go to bed. Day drinking is the best. I wish I could still drink.

Anyone who like ´´oh i have glass or two or 3 or 4 a day but not alcoholic´´´ wtf is that?

Everyone i know to likes to get beers or drinks more than 2x a week usually like 3 or 2x weekdays in addition to weekend.

It fine but got me thinking most people seem to need alcohol to socialize and they look at you weird if you say you dont drink much let alone you not drinking much for health or bodybuilding reasons.

That's excessive drinking. None of the people who I know that drink that much are in good health. Two of my friends have serious issues and they are only in their 40s.

Anyone who like ´´oh i have glass or two or 3 or 4 a day but not alcoholic´´´ wtf is that?

Everyone i know to likes to get beers or drinks more than 2x a week usually like 3 or 2x weekdays in addition to weekend.

It fine but got me thinking most people seem to need alcohol to socialize and they look at you weird if you say you dont drink much let alone you not drinking much for health or bodybuilding reasons.
I have the opposite problem lol, I think my drinking is reasonable but other people are like omg you drink twice a week? Fucking pussies

I had to do addiction counseling when I get arrested for public intoxication when I was a teenager.

Shit was weird. Apparently, they consider you an alcoholic if you have more than one drink a day, but you could be considered an alcoholic if you only have one drink a day if you "feel" like you "need" that one drink.

But you could also be considered an alcoholic if you binge drink once a week. The guy asked me how often I drank, and I said once or twice a week. Then he asked me how many drinks that consisted of, and when I said around 8, maybe more, he told me I was an alcoholic.

Like dude, I was 19. I was partying on weekends like everyone my age.

He would super-judge me for how much I drink now.

Don't believe everything you read. Drinking in moderation (NOT excessively) can reduce your risk of dementia.

Check out the '109 year old veteran' on youtube. He drinks whiskey and smokes cigars every day and he's still fine.

It's on youtube? Wow, it must be true. Universally true!!

I had to do addiction counseling when I get arrested for public intoxication when I was a teenager.

Shit was weird. Apparently, they consider you an alcoholic if you have more than one drink a day, but you could be considered an alcoholic if you only have one drink a day if you "feel" like you "need" that one drink.

But you could also be considered an alcoholic if you binge drink once a week. The guy asked me how often I drank, and I said once or twice a week. Then he asked me how many drinks that consisted of, and when I said around 8, maybe more, he told me I was an alcoholic.

Like dude, I was 19. I was partying on weekends like everyone my age.

He would super-judge me for how much I drink now.

yeah people who themselves are addicts because neurological issues often say that stuff. Unless they are aware that some brains are wired to be addicts and prone to it. Usually the aware people i think would just realize not everyone like them.

I with you i like to get drunk when i drink but not often at all. i like good cocktails with dinner out at resturant but i want like 2 or 3 so i get drunk. Otherwise no point. dont have to get really messed up but the whole people drinking for a small buzz is lie those people are getting semi drunk or are low level drunk!

yeah people who themselves are addicts because neurological issues often say that stuff. Unless they are aware that some brains are wired to be addicts and prone to it. Usually the aware people i think would just realize not everyone like them.

I with you i like to get drunk when i drink but not often at all. i like good cocktails with dinner out at resturant but i want like 2 or 3 so i get drunk. Otherwise no point. dont have to get really messed up but the whole people drinking for a small buzz is lie those people are getting semi drunk or are low level drunk!

A "small buzz" IS "low level drunk".

And some of us are perfectly capable of having one drink just to enjoy it.

A "small buzz" IS "low level drunk".

And some of us are perfectly capable of having one drink just to enjoy it.

i dont see the point of that. I do it sometimes but to me it just like ´´´why am i even drinking alcohol´´´? If you have tolerance that 1 or 2 drinks does NOTHING to you then you must be an alcoholic. But if you enjoy 1 or 2 drinks to get some ´feeling´then to me you no better than a young 20 year old who gets drunk on friday and saturday nights. Same shit.

i actually think adults are worse at is as they age. so many delude themselves into thinking that there 7 days of drinking or 6 days every fucking day glass of wines, after work drinks etc is somehow not some dependency issue for some type of feeling but that they are ábove´ binge drinking 1 day a week. But really they not.

I havent drank in like 8 months. I have a full bottle of rum waiting to be opened, and a $50 giftcard for lcbo i never used

i dont see the point of that. I do it sometimes but to me it just like ´´´why am i even drinking alcohol´´´? If you have tolerance that 1 or 2 drinks does NOTHING to you then you must be an alcoholic. But if you enjoy 1 or 2 drinks to get some ´feeling´then to me you no better than a young 20 year old who gets drunk on friday and saturday nights. Same shit.

i actually think adults are worse at is as they age. so many delude themselves into thinking that there 7 days of drinking or 6 days every fucking day glass of wines, after work drinks etc is somehow not some dependeancy issue for some type of feeling but that they are ábove´ binge drinking 1 day a week.

Some people enjoy the taste of certain beverages that happen to be alcoholic. Sorry that you don't seem to get that.

But I am with you on the second part. While it may be healthier to avoid binge drinking, someone having a drink every single day shouldn't really be looking down on someone who binges once a week.

Some people enjoy the taste of certain beverages that happen to be alcoholic. Sorry that you don't seem to get that.

But I am with you on the second part. While it may be healthier to avoid binge drinking, someone having a drink every single day shouldn't really be looking down on someone who binges once a week.

i get your first point just barely. Good moscow mule and mojitos i love. But once the liquor hits my lips with the ice and the mint or lemon etc i just want at minimum that drunk feeling. If 10 is black out drunk and 1 is buzz I want a 3/10 if i am at resturant with friends and it will be easy night say i go home to gf and we watch movie or something.

If i am single and going to club later then i want it to turn into a 6/10 or 7/10 and ride that drunk until it fades hours later at the club and then i get 2 more cocktails and i am good for the night. Finish at 3/10 or maybe 4/10 before bed when the long night is finally over and it is the next day morning.

I don't know. I want a beer or two in the evening, if you want to call me an alcoholic go right ahead, I'll be just be over here sipping on my beer.

It's not my fault anyway, it's my British genetics.

A few weekends ago I was talking to a friend of mine about drinking and realized that I haven't had a 10 day period of not drinking since I was 14 (33 now). Last two weeks I cut down to drinking once a week (I don't count a single beer w a dinner) but I know I don't have a healthy relationship with booze. One is ok, two is I'm getting blitzed. One of the things that did surprise me was that, after awhile, it becomes easier to accept the truth that you're an alcoholic. For me, I used to tell myself, as well as others who made any note of my manner/frequency of drinking, that I'm fine, in control. But when you skip work to drink, or when you catch yourself drinking for no reason at all, or at 11am.just because you can, there's no framework of lies you can build that can hide the truth.

I think we have a lot more alcoholics than we treat - it's just a matter of the image a stereotypical alcoholic conjures in our minds. The treshold is not being plastered on a bus stop bench at 6am (been there). The threshold is having a consistent urge and sacrificing other life's experiences for a high. And that rings true of a much broader set of people than we think.

Nope

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Its the socially acceptable addiction. I drink too much, recently I just decided to just stop drinking so much. Basically stopped during the week and only drank on Saturday, so went from drinking pretty much every night to one night a week. I wish I could say I feel great, but honestly im tired as hell.

Back