Just lost a pet lizard

Toughest part of pet ownership. But it sounds like the good heavily outweighed the bad and it was given a great life, important to remember that when they pass.

Thanks a lot.

Just live in Thailand. Your house will be full of geckos running around on the walls and ceiling. You will never be lonely.

As opposed to other lizards who jump, climb, and lick your face!?

One of my neighbours has one of them lizards. Little bastard barks through the night (the lizard, not the neighbour).

Losing a pet always sucks, no matter what the pet.

Sorry to hear man. Pets are pets regardless of species. In the grand scheme of the universe we are all utterly worthless and insignificant. A Human being is no more noble or important than a deer tick. The hierarchy we place on an animals worth based or cuteness or whatever is all a construct. I say all that to say RIP.

She looks a bit overweight, possibly even gravid. Sorry for your lost, how old was she?

Sorry to hear man. Pets are pets regardless of species. In the grand scheme of the universe we are all utterly worthless and insignificant. A Human being is no more noble or important than a deer tick. The hierarchy we place on an animals worth based or cuteness or whatever is all a construct. I say all that to say RIP.

Thanks.

I recommend watching the episode of Saved by the Bell when Slater's lizard Artie died while under the care of the gang. It may help you heal.

I know how you feel ts, it's horrible losing a pet. We had to put our malamute to sleep last friday.

This weeks GOT didn't help either.
mXdJzJ0-_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
I know how you feel ts, it's horrible losing a pet. We had to put our malamute to sleep last friday.

This weeks GOT didn't help either.
mXdJzJ0-_400x400.jpg

Wow, that's sucks. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear man, it's never easy losing a pet.
There's so many things it could have been so I would be hesitant to speculate.

Also the mealworms ruining their stomach is somewhat of a myth. The animal would have to already have health issues or extremely poor husbandry to have mealworms become a problem.

Before you move on to get another one some things to do, disinfect the enclosure and all decorations with a 10% bleach mix. Please before buying one from a chain store like Petco look into rescues or even private breeders.

I think she was fine weight wise. She was 6.5.
That sucks wish there was a way to tell what happened. Just curious but did she ever lay eggs in the time you had her?

That sucks wish there was a way to tell what happened. Just curious but did she ever lay eggs in the time you had her?

No, she was by herself the entire time.

Back