Just letting you guys know... Maia is +150 against colby covington

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
right now and only right now. IT WILL MOVE.

There's 2 options for covington:
1) initiate the grappling (since he does that in most of his fights)
Result: Colby loses

2) strike with Maia and prevent him from grappling.
Result: colby still probably loses.

Covington doesn't have this amazing outside game to keep Maia outside like rory. Maia will be able to get on the inside no problem. Maia is so jittery in the stand up that it makes fighter's tentative because they're scared of the shoot. There's the possibility that Maia might not get the takedown, but he can find Colby's back in the grappling exchanges. Dong Hyun Kim was able to get Colby down with Maia-Esque takedowns. Maia is the best grappler in MMA period. I know he's old, but Grappling isn't the type of thing that fades when you get old. You dont need athleticsm, you just need your grip strength (old man strength is a real thing when it comes to grip), flexibility, technique, and Ground IQ. Maia by decision via Control, or submission.

do what you will with this.

Colby stuffs maias take down attempts and win the decision. It would be just like woodley fight.

I hope he juices covingtons blood out of his brain like he did story

If Maia remembers that he has more types of takedowns than just the single leg, then he'll win. I don't think that Colby is necessary better on the feet than Maia, he is certainly more athletic and explosive, though.

Coldby is Underrated.

But yeah, Maia take that one

That line has moved hugely over the last 24 hours. Maia opened as too big a favourite in my opinion but this has swung too far the other way.
There are massive arbitrage opportunities for US online bettors at the moment, with payouts as big as 125%. Given that it is a fight in the near future it is worth snatching.

After being shut down dozens of times by wood Maia having been forced to strike actually landed decent against The Wood. Go have a look again. Still it was a solid 50-45 win for the Chosen One but Maia is a very good bet in this fight.

Maia is going to Ride his back all day.

Betting the house on Maia (problem is I don't own a house :D).

Idk Woodley's body is fucking perfect for TDD. Short, giant ass and tree trunks for legs.

Agreed.
And to be honest, Maia would have gotten a takedown in the first round if Tyron didn't grab the fence. One take down could have been all the difference.

Idk Woodley's body is fucking perfect for TDD. Short, giant ass and tree trunks for legs.

Colby supposedly wrestle fucked Woodley in training. If that's true, I don't think he'd have problem keeping the fight on the feet.

right now and only right now. IT WILL MOVE.

There's 2 options for covington:
1) initiate the grappling (since he does that in most of his fights)
Result: Colby loses

2) strike with Maia and prevent him from grappling.
Result: colby still probably loses.

Covington doesn't have this amazing outside game to keep Maia outside like rory. Maia will be able to get on the inside no problem. Maia is so jittery in the stand up that it makes fighter's tentative because they're scared of the shoot. There's the possibility that Maia might not get the takedown, but he can find Colby's back in the grappling exchanges. Dong Hyun Kim was able to get Colby down with Maia-Esque takedowns. Maia is the best grappler in MMA period. I know he's old, but Grappling isn't the type of thing that fades when you get old. You dont need athleticsm, you just need your grip strength (old man strength is a real thing when it comes to grip), flexibility, technique, and Ground IQ. Maia by decision via Control, or submission.

do what you will with this.

Maia shoots for telegraphed takedowns and gasses after round 1. His striking is as intimidating as a miniature dachshund.

im-not-surprised-motherfuckers.jpg

rooting for maia, but i think colby takes this one.

Maia needs to start incorporating subs from grappling against the cage and dirty boxing like the DJ throw to arm bar or the fight recently where Devin Clark got RNC'd from a standing position (not a backpack either) . He can't keep relying on the pure takedowns.

Back