Just heard an animal(s) in my attic

just get those poison bricks and setup some mouse traps

theres a youtube guy I think

Probably your parents

That burn was savage, I may never truly recover. But still my advice is sound, could be raccoons and they can pass some nasty diseases.

What sort of diseases can you get if a raccoon touches your dick? asking for a friend.

Most likely a rat, I had one in my attic last winter.

Set up a bunch of rat-sized snap traps around my foundation, caught three birds and a small squirrel before finally "catching" the rat.

I didn't actually catch the rat in at trap, it set a trap off and got its snout clean broke off by the trap and then it died about two feet away feom blood loss I assume.

I wear size 12 sneakers and the body of this motherfucker was just as big as my shoe.

I found out later that it chewed out some hydraulic cement that I used to patch up a hole in some brick work on the front of my house to get access to a crawl space.

It chewed the shit out of my AC drain line and a bunch of wires leading to a buried receptacle that looked like it was from the 1900's, had to go in and fix all that.

It's a Marten.

You are fucked, it's his territory now.

this is better than you crashing cars and endangering lives of innocent people.

Get a nice pellet gun and mount a flashlight on it and go take care of business.

Im thinking about going up there with a high powered pellet gun or painball gun while wearing a motorcycle helmet and jacket for protection
just do it. Get a go pro camera for your helmet though. I doubt it will attack.

giphy.gif

3iYYNz.gif

raccoon1.gif

Squirrels, or maybe raccoons. Go up there and check it out.

well its back again today boys. I keep banging the ceiling really fucking hard, hoping to scare whatever it is so badly it never returns. Yet to see if it worked.

I really dont want to have to go up in the small ass attic crawlspace........

I wouldn't worry. Could just be one of these little guys.
screenshot-2015-01-07-at-1-30-08-pm.png

Laying in bed watching the JRE with Ben Askren, when out of nowhere I hear a slight scratching noise coming from the ceiling. I shrug it off at first, but it keeps going. I grab a chair and pinpoint the area it is loudest and listen while standing on the chair. It gets much louder, something is REALLY scratching away up there, and I believe I even heard it bumping into shit. This was alarming because I got the impression it has to be decently sized, not a mouse, to cause noise bumping into something.

It keeps going louder and louder until I finally thud the ceiling with my fist.

I hear MULTIPLE tangos dart away in different directions.

Fuck my fucking life. I dont need this shit.
As long as the rats aren't enormous nothing is cheaper and more effective than the bucket trap with the half-full water bottle setup. That's only if these aren't barn rats or something bigger. There's a video where a guy puts a camera on his barn bucket, using the dual-plank setup, and this giant rat just eats the peanut butter bait form the center with his rear haunches set down on the rim of the bucket so that he never has to extend his center of gravity precariously to reach it. He still drowned a small rat and several mice that night. Also, definitely use peanut butter, don't use cheese. Peanut butter is crack to rodents.

The planks are even more effective than the rollers, but they are more complicated/expensive to set up, and the rollers appear to actually be even more effective against the bigger rodents because they make the mistake of committing their weight to grab onto the spinning bottles, only to realize too late it isn't a stable base to support their weight. The rats tend to be more cautious with the planks. Not the mice, though, because they see the planks and immediately assume they are robust enough to support their weight. They just run down them like a waterslide to their deaths.

Also, I've seen both methods tested, and I recall a video where the guys found leaving some water in the bottle, or something else to keep the weight uneven, is more effective than leaving it empty. It makes the rotations even more unpredictable and unmanageable for the rodents to tightrope walk.

As long as the rats aren't enormous nothing is cheaper and more effective than the bucket trap with the half-full water bottle setup. That's only if these aren't barn rats or something bigger. There's a video where a guy puts a camera on his barn bucket, using the dual-plank setup, and this giant rat just eats the peanut butter bait form the center with his rear haunches set down on the rim of the bucket so that he never has to extend his center of gravity precariously to reach it. He still drowned a small rat and several mice that night. Also, definitely use peanut butter, don't use cheese. Peanut butter is crack to rodents.

The planks are even more effective than the rollers, but they are more complicated/expensive to set up, and the rollers appear to actually be even more effective against the bigger rodents because they make the mistake of committing their weight to grab onto the spinning bottles, only to realize too late it isn't a stable base to support their weight. The rats tend to be more cautious with the planks. Not the mice, though, because they see the planks and immediately assume they are robust enough to support their weight. They just run down them like a waterslide to their deaths.

Also, I've seen both methods tested, and I recall a video where the guys found leaving some water in the bottle, or something else to keep the weight uneven, is more effective than leaving it empty. It makes the rotations even more unpredictable and unmanageable for the rodents to tightrope walk.

At one point in time, our outdoor rabbit hutch was enormously overly run with a mouse infestation. Open the door to feed the bunny and fourty mice would scamper! Well anyway, over maybe a two or so week period they all vanished! Then I heard shouting which was my mom while cleaning out the rabbit enclosure.
Someone escaped corn snake had gotten in and I kept it as a pet to this day. The thing was insanely overweight too!

well its back again today boys. I keep banging the ceiling really fucking hard, hoping to scare whatever it is so badly it never returns. Yet to see if it worked.

If it is a raccoon it will not just leave on it's own and it may even have babies up there.

Send your cat in to investigate.

Squirrels cause lots of house fires by chewing on wires, I would go up there today and give it a look. If you can do it, have your parents hire a pest control company that does nuisance wildlife removal.

I can only assume you live in your parents basement.
SoggyFancyAtlanticblackgoby-small.gif

Back