Just Got My Old Job Back After 6 Years

Congrats dude.

Hope you arent a drinker though... that could be bad

Congrats. I'm straight out of rehab myself and looking for a decent paying job. Spent my entire 20s abusing and selling drugs and its hard getting back to the real world. Hope you get that promotion brother

2 months later.

"My shitty bosses are always on my ass for coming 15 minutes late to work. I only smoked a joint twice on lunch break. Y'all know a good place where they hire?"

Pretty much.

Only reason I’m making this thread is because I’m crunk as fuck and want to tell the world. 6 years ago I left my job at Anheuser-Busch for petty ass reasons. Mostly because I was a dumb kid that liked to party all the time and do drugs and thought with my experience that jobs like this would come a dime a dozen. Well, reality check, they didn’t. I’ve been struggling my ass off, working menial jobs since 2012, still living with my mom and basically just existing.

By chance, one of my best friends used to be the manager at this warehouse years ago (he’s far surpassed this by now, he runs little wires up into people’s femoral arteries to their hearts to unclog their arteries and shit and his wife is a RN working for the state of Texas. Needless to say, they are balling.)

Just so happens he is good friends with my ex boss. And I just so happened to by partying with them both the last 3 weeks. Over 4th of July and all that. My old boss said he would be willing to give me another shot but I would have to go and talk to the HR man himself. Since I left on bad terms.

So I went today and I was ready to humble myself, but he was almost instantly like “can you still pass a background and drug test? I will give you a job.” He was like I remember you I know how smart you are. You can do anything in here, you can do warehouse, you can run forklift, and I see you as supervisor material, and by the time you’re eligible for you first raise at 120 days I’m sure you’ll will have already been promoted.

So I just wanted to share a happy story. Me and the love of my life just split up. She left me for another man. It’s been a rough period. But I been smiling for the first time in weeks. I’m back in the beer business where I belong. Hope you guys have similar luck.
I love to see people succeed

Me and my direct boss party together. I’m sure it will be fine. Plus I don’t fuck around at work.
You need to knock that off. Treat him as what he is, your boss. Clearly, you still have a lot more maturing to do.

Never party with a boss, regardless of how "cool" that may be.

Ts' next thread "Found out the hard way that you can get a DUI on a forklift".

Your friend is a cardiac surgeon and you are happy to get a job in a beer warehouse? This belongs in the Simple things You Enjoy thread.

Congrats on getting some employment. Waking up without a job is just one of the worse feelings. Obviously if you're at stay at home parent or retired you don't think much about it. But I'll never forget when my dumbass quit my job at Burger King when I was 16 right before school got out and I had to spend the entire summer looking for employment. Learned my lesson and the next summer I was working 5 days a week.

When you're a man, nothing is worse than having to tell folks you don't have a job. I don't care if you pump gas and catch the bus at least you're doing something.

Congrats.
TS is back in the game, baby!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Only reason I’m making this thread is because I’m crunk as fuck and want to tell the world. 6 years ago I left my job at Anheuser-Busch for petty ass reasons. Mostly because I was a dumb kid that liked to party all the time and do drugs and thought with my experience that jobs like this would come a dime a dozen. Well, reality check, they didn’t. I’ve been struggling my ass off, working menial jobs since 2012, still living with my mom and basically just existing.

By chance, one of my best friends used to be the manager at this warehouse years ago (he’s far surpassed this by now, he runs little wires up into people’s femoral arteries to their hearts to unclog their arteries and shit and his wife is a RN working for the state of Texas. Needless to say, they are balling.)

Just so happens he is good friends with my ex boss. And I just so happened to by partying with them both the last 3 weeks. Over 4th of July and all that. My old boss said he would be willing to give me another shot but I would have to go and talk to the HR man himself. Since I left on bad terms.

So I went today and I was ready to humble myself, but he was almost instantly like “can you still pass a background and drug test? I will give you a job.” He was like I remember you I know how smart you are. You can do anything in here, you can do warehouse, you can run forklift, and I see you as supervisor material, and by the time you’re eligible for you first raise at 120 days I’m sure you’ll will have already been promoted.

So I just wanted to share a happy story. Me and the love of my life just split up. She left me for another man. It’s been a rough period. But I been smiling for the first time in weeks. I’m back in the beer business where I belong. Hope you guys have similar luck.
Congratulations Mang! I'm glad to hear this news.

You need to knock that off. Treat him as what he is, your boss. Clearly, you still have a lot more maturing to do.

Never party with a boss, regardless of how "cool" that may be.

Never did until this year. I quit 6 years ago. He was long removed from being my boss when we started hanging out and his pull got me my job back so I’m forever grateful.

I just started a new job at a warehouse. Been working here about a month its a fucking sweet gig dude. 8-430 shifts monday to friday, gonna go back to school this September and I can do it while still working here. Already had forklift experience from a previous job but it wasnt at a warehouse. Also, I work with 4 close friends in the same department. So we joke around all day but still get shit done, we've worked out a good system. We recycle these big plastic chemical containers that were filled with farm chemicals. The guys that were doing this before us were shredding about 60 a day, which is shit. We do about 100 a day.

Glad to hear you're catching some breaks, brother.

Don’t get thrown in the pit of misery TS

Dilly dilly on your comeup

Ts' next thread "Found out the hard way that you can get a DUI on a forklift".
lol I used to work at a warehouse where every forklift driver was at least buzzed we all would drink two 24 oz beers during lunch at the 7-11.

Back