Just got my Bas Rutten Cd's. . . . HOLY ****!!!

Gotta chime in, I did the two minute boxing rounds, and I was gassed completely! Can't wait to work my way up to the 3 minute boxing and the 2 and 3 minute Thai boxing ones. Here's to El Guaopo!

Guys try this.

Do the 3min boxing cd or 3min thaiboxing cd with a kick after each combinaison. Really nice.

Then you have the 2 rounds of the 3min thaiboxing cd for warmup, then 6 rounds of the 3min all around fighting. This one is my favorite DEFENSE! (I used soundforge to mix the 2 tracks into a coutinuous one)

Then you have another good one: slow down the boxing cd (I use a cdj1000mk3 to do that but you could use a sound editor like audacity/soundforge)
then after each combinaison do a sprawl. This one is hardcore, you are usually in a coma state after 4-6 rounds. (Go down all the way on your arms when you sprawl or you will fuck up your back because you will be so tired it will arch)

I love these tapes, especially the Thai Boxing tape.

I tried out the Thai Boxing tape (Shadow boxing) with a heart rate monitor on and my HR fluctuated between 130-160 bpm. From reading Eza's thread, this range is nearly perfect for cardiac output conditioning, but the length of the tapes are probably too short, so a tape and a half would probably be adequate for LSD training. And it beats the hell out of jogging or anything else that'd keep your HR in that range.

damn i wanna try this but yeah im broke wit no job but ill get em someday

Just saw some previews of it and I am stoked to use it in my workout. Never boring and very brutal on cardio.

Heh - I tried the CDs last week and they showed me how out of shape I really am... great workout.

haha,same here. We've been doing this for the first 15minutes of class at my gym and it kicks ur butt. My shoulders are soo worn out after this is done its not even funny.

bought these 6 years ago, and trust me, it never gets easy. It also helps to have a muay thai bag at home.

started off with 2min boxing rounds using 14oz gloves and a heavy bag, quite the workout.

going to need to import into audacity and add in some background music though.

Bump. I've been doing this for only ONE month and all I can say is WOW. My boxing has gotten crisper and I'm freaking shredding fat with NO diet.

Like previous posters have said, you have to go 100% to see any gains.

I was surfing around his website and I found his new training program.

Body Action System

Can you tell the bas did some TKD at some point.

It looks like a good idea, but yeah, sod missing and kicking the support frame.

It's be pretty good for rapid shots and targeting though and working on your slipping. Either that or a decent pad man, but not everyone can get one of those.

i just finished the all around workout side a.
i thought it be based on rounds like the other workouts.
when bas introduced me to the workout and explained that it would be 28 minutes without pause i was a bit shocked.
but it worked quite good i would say.
during the shadowboxing parts you still have to kick your own ass to not slow down, but that

ive seen his streetfighting/barfighting DVD and it was kinda disturbing... every combo consists of a kick to the groin or hot sauce in the face

This is a awsome thread you guys are like sales men for bas lol awsome. Although i did these tapes at my old gym before i never bought them and this thread reminded me how good they are and i just bought them. Cant wait to get started again.

Back