Just bought a new Duc. Need some asthetic advice (Bike Brahs gtfih, fuckyouBerryformakingmetypethat)

urnotaslave23

Stepping through my Shadow
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I just bought a new Bike. My first Duc. Monster S2R 1000(my last Bike was a Superhawk, so I'm digging the twin engine, even though this one's an L and not a V, the open clutch plate, which I can see being a deterrent to most street Riders, actually makes me more comfy. It's like Riding a younger, more reliable, Hawk).

My question is: Should I go Naked, or clothed? I know the Monster is the OG of Naked Bikes, but I'm not sure if I'm digging it more with or without plastics.

Again, my last Bike was a Superhawk. I've posted pics here in other Bike threads, but I'm new to the Monster. Ultimately, I'm gonna decide on my own what Feels better while Riding him, but I'd really like some advice from my other Riders cause just looking at him now I'm not sure. Will I benefit from having the bug screen and front fender? Fuck I Love this Bike! So far.

20170620_154945_zpscqeo1jtl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Apparently I can't post pics from my phone? If you know the Bike, please respond. If not, give me a bit to figure this shit out and I'll post teh n00ds.

Figured it out. Something to add: I'm not a fan of the Italian Red, at all, but I like how the Stripe leans to the right. You can't see it in the pics, but the white racing stripe very subtly veers to the right.

Motorbikes are incredibly dangerous. You should get a car instead.

Looks cool tho

The s2r never had fairings, so if you want to put some on you shoulda bought a multistrada.

Unless your talking about the windscreen.. then there really is no difference unless your going 80 for prolonged periods

Figured it out. Something to add: I'm not a fan of the Italian Red, at all, but I like how the Stripe leans to the right. You can't see it in the pics, but the white racing stripe very subtly veers to the right.
If you dont like RossoCorsa Red then why the hell did you buy it

Motorbikes are incredibly dangerous. You should get a car instead.

Looks cool tho

I own a few cages. Can't take the kids on the Bike. Yet. This thread is for Bike Brahs. I thought that was clear? Maybe I'm not understanding the whole "gtfih" movement yet.....

The s2r never had fairings, so if you want to put some on you shoulda bought a multistrada.

Unless your talking about the windscreen.. then there really is no difference unless your going 80 for prolonged periods

The Multisrada is what it is. I appreciate it for that. Not my kinda Bike though. My question here is: should I go completely Naked with my Monster, or leave the screen and fender? I'm torn. Both look good to me. I'm leaning more towards leaving Him clothed, but I'm worried I may be missing out on something integral here, since I'm new to this.

Is there something about Riding a Naked Bike that you can't really.... Know, until you try it? Or did Ducati purposely put a windscreen and front fender on this Bike because I will need it?

Maybe I should have said Ducati Brahs gtfih?

Do whatever you want and stop asking for approval or validation of others.
There really isnt a difference on the windscreen unless your going highway speeds for a prolonged time.
You like it off? Then take the damn thing off

If you dont like RossoCorsa Red then why the hell did you buy it

I bought it because I've wanted a Ducati since as long as I can remember, and I got a good deal on it. My Hawk was red when I bought it, but I painted it flat black and it was a much better experience after the paint job. With this one, I'm Feeling like I should leave it the color it is. He doesn't want a paint job. If that makes sense? I'm learning it's not about my preference. If that makes sense?

Do whatever you want and stop asking for approval or validation of others.
There really isnt a difference on the windscreen unless your going highway speeds for a prolonged time.
You like it off? Then take the damn thing off

I feel like you're missing the point here, Brother.

I feel like you're missing the point here, Brother.

No i already said it twice, theres no difference on the windscreen, its personal choice. Front fender leave it on.

You need to worry more about working on the basics, like suspension, brake lines, brakes. Etc

Tape cover the stripe, and dip the rest with the color you want

I'm a Harley guy to the core, but Ducatis have always been my favorite when it comes to sport bikes. With the exposed tube-style frame I always likened it to a two-wheeled Lamborghini Countach. I would personally ride it naked so I can see all the racing technology engineered into it. Unless you care about it getting wet or dirty. Naked bikes can be a bitch to keep clean.

BookPic1.jpg

Back