Just a friendly service reminder of natural disasters around the world.

I take C.

giphy.gif

giphy.mp4

giphy.mp4
2562904256A1CC65285669

Way to start the game, then not choose like a bitch.

I agree that you have compiled quite a list and there are some extraordinary environmental factors at play. But it's not so easy to link things together the way you seem to be doing.

For instance, I'm in California, I used to work for a tree service and I plan on taking the arborist certification test some time in the future. So I keep up a little on issues linked to trees and forests. In Southern California there has been a catastrophic impact on our trees and forests here due to the introduction of an invasive species, the gold spotted oak borer from southern Mexico. It has had a devastating impact on the trees here and there are an estimated 102 million dead trees in California due to the combination of invasive bark beetles and drought. The drought is now over. But the devastation is done and the beetles are still spreading.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-dead-trees-20161118-story.html

There also is a situation where, in the past wildfires were free to burn naturally. Before man made developments made it possible to fight wildfires, there was nothing you could do and fires burned at the mercy of the elements. Now we fight wildfires, and un-naturally restrict them. Wildfire is a natural part of the California ecosystem. Plants and animals are adapted to deal with them. But by artificially restricting them, we create a situation where undergrowth grows out of control, dead trees pile up, and once a fire starts it has enough fuel to to grow into what seems like an end times conflagration.

I'm sure if you consider factors like this in the other disasters around the world, it would lessen the view that this is supernatural.

IMO it comes down to the fact that there are so many people now. One reason we fight fires is to protect homes, businesses, towns, and cities. One reason Houston is under water is because the asphalt and concrete don't allow water to be absorbed into the ground and it all floods to the lowest point. Apparently downtown Houston is built at a low point. One reason floods are so catastrophic nowadays is because we build towns in flood plains because it is fertile land. A lot of these events are one in a hundred year events, but towns and cities have popped up since the last time these events took place.

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll apologize when the apocalypse doesn't come

California is on fire.

Oregon is on fire.

Washington is on fire.

British Columbia is on fire.

Alberta is on fire.

Montana is on fire.

Nova Scotia is on fire.

Greece is on fire.

Brazil is on fire.

Portugal is on fire.

Algeria is on fire.

Tunisia is on fire.

Greenland is on fire.

The Sakha Republic of Russia is on fire.

Siberia is on fire.

Texas and Florida is under water.

India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, experience record monsoons and massive death toll.

Sierra Leone and Niger experience massive floods, mudslides, and deaths in the thousands.

Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Bosnia, Croatia, and Serbia are crushed in the death grip of a triple digit heat wave, dubbed Lucifer.

Southern California continues to swelter under triple digit heat that shows no sign of letting up.

In usually chilly August, the city of San Francisco shatters all-time record at 106 degrees, while it reaches 115 degrees south of the city. Northern California continues to bake in the triple digits.

Yellowstone volcano is hit with earthquake swarm of over 2,300 tremors since June, recording a 4.4 quake on June 15, 20017 and 3.3 shaker on August 21, 2017.

5.3 earthquake rumbles through Idaho.

Japan earthquake 6.1 possible tsunami.

Mexico earthquake 8.2 imminent tsunami. Beach lines are receded atleast 50+ meters

Hurricanes Harvey, Irma (biggest ever recorded), Jose and Katia are barreling around the Atlantic with 8 more potentials forming

And last but not least an X10 C.M.E solar flare a couple nights ago. The highest recorded solar flare ever!

Jurassic-Park-33-Hold-on-to-your-butts1.jpg

382.gif
Hmmm... almost like the... climate... is... changing....

Who could have possibly predicted that extreme weather events would become more frequent as the average global temperature rises?

http://nca2014.globalchange.gov/highlights/report-findings/extreme-weather

I agree that you have compiled quite a list and there are some extraordinary environmental factors at play. But it's not so easy to link things together the way you seem to be doing.

For instance, I'm in California, I used to work for a tree service and I plan on taking the arborist certification test some time in the future. So I keep up a little on issues linked to trees and forests. In Southern California there has been a catastrophic impact on our trees and forests here due to the introduction of an invasive species, the gold spotted oak borer from southern Mexico. It has had a devastating impact on the trees here and there are an estimated 102 million dead trees in California due to the combination of invasive bark beetles and drought. The drought is now over. But the devastation is done and the beetles are still spreading.

There also is a situation where, in the past wildfires were free to burn naturally. Before man made developments made it possible to fight wildfires, there was nothing you could do and fires burned at the mercy of the elements. Now we fight wildfires, and un-naturally restrict them. Wildfire is a natural part of the California ecosystem. Plants and animals are adapted to deal with them. But by artificially restricting them, we create a situation where undergrowth grows out of control, dead trees pile up, and once a fire starts it has enough fuel to to grow into what seems like an end times conflagration.

I'm sure if you consider factors like this in the other disasters around the world, it would lessen the view that this is supernatural.

IMO it comes down to the fact that there are so many people now. One reason we fight fires is to protect homes, businesses, towns, and cities. One reason Houston is under water is because the asphalt and concrete don't allow water to be absorbed into the ground and it all floods to the lowest point. Apparently downtown Houston is built at a low point. One reason floods are so catastrophic nowadays is because we build towns in flood plains because it is fertile land. A lot of these events are one in a hundred year events, but towns and cities have popped up since the last time these events took place.

Another reason Houston flooded is that it's tough to drain 50" of rain no matter how good the drainage system. Plus it rained EVERYWHERE so there was no place for any of that excess water to go. All the draining basins were full.

I hear you.

and seein that you mentioned insects.

Locust outbreaks occurring globally.

Russia
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt...b4567/amp/396919-russia-dagestan-locust-swarm

Greek islands
http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2017/05/19/greece-locust-plague-island-agios-efstratios/

West Africa
https://www.google.com/amp/s/phys.org/news/2017-06-satellites-forewarn-locust-plagues.amp

Bolivia
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dw.c...gger-state-of-emergency-in-bolivia/a-37466641

Almost as if it's the season for most of those

yeah, forest fires are actually good for forests if they happen properly. Dead wood collects and a fire will burn the dead wood. Now if there is too much dead wood and it becomes too dry then you could have a fire so hot it melts the top soil and you are fucked. Tree to some degree have become fire resistant.

Great post; now I know where to direct my tree/forest questions!

I've seen the effects of the bark disease the past few years in norcal; it's quite stark once you know what to look for on hikes/camping. Sudden Oak Death Syndrome, right?

Also if I remember correctly there was a plan announced last year or the year before to release some creature (might have been a bird or a lizard or something) that is a predator of the boring beetles. Do you know if that or anything else has been put into action yet?

Edit: I've been following the calfire twitter for a couple years now, and they post updates on size of fires and % containment, as well as post incredible pictures of the fires and fighting efforts. Planning on starting a thread somewhere to post a bunch of those. Until then, check out this map of the 2,000 lightning strikes in the past 24 hours that resulted in 71 wild fires, and that's just the numbers for the strikes in northern california:
PicsArt0913082240.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im in california and not currently on fire, but this is still fun to read

Pshhh that happen all the time stupid! for long time.

<Deported1>

For all you "Christians" who know Jesus is comin back real soon!!, and use natural disasters as proofs, I'll use this Bible book to show how wrong you are.

Here's this Jesus guy, apparently important because they talk about him a lot, explaining the time frame in which he'll come back, whatever that means:

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. (Matthew 24: 25-34)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place… (Mark 13:26-30)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near. Then He told them a parable: Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. (Luke 21:27-32)

Hmm, weird.

Here are fans of this guy called Christ, whoever that is. I think they're called Christians? On whether or not he was coming back soon, again, whatever that means

“Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.” (1 Corinthians 10:11)

“Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

“Do not seek a wife. This is what I mean, brothers: the appointed time has grown very short. From now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none, and those who mourn as though they were not mourning, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they had no goods, and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For the present form of this world is passing away.” (1 Corinthians 7:27,29-31)

The end of all things is near…” (1 Peter 4:7)

“For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17)

“Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.” (Revelation 1:3)

“And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place. “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.” And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.“”… (Revelation 22:6,7,10,12,20)

And here's that Jesus guy talking about how not even he knows when judgement day happens, and Skynet takes over. Personally, I find him a bit too presumptuous for my taste, seems a tad arrogant, but alas

Matthew 24:36 “But as for that day and hour no one knows it – not even the angels in heaven – except the Father alone.

Mark 13:32 “But as for that day or hour no one knows it – neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son – except the Father.

Weird, it's almost as if these Christians, filthy men, "sinners" one and all, got it all wrong..........

Great post; now I know where to direct my tree/forest questions!

I've seen the effects of the bark disease the past few years in norcal; it's quite stark once you know what to look for on hikes/camping. Sudden Oak Death Syndrome, right?

Also if I remember correctly there was a plan announced last year or the year before to release some creature (might have been a bird or a lizard or something) that is a predator of the boring beetles. Do you know if that or anything else has been put into action yet?

Edit: I've been following the calfire twitter for a couple years now, and they post updates on size of fires and % containment, as well as post incredible pictures of the fires and fighting efforts. Planning on starting a thread somewhere to post a bunch of those. Until then, check out this map of the 2,000 lightning strikes in the past 24 hours that resulted in 71 wild fires, and that's just the numbers for the strikes in northern california:
PicsArt0913082240.jpg
2000 lightning strikes in the past 24 hours? That's incredible. I look forward to you making that thread brother. Please do an @ on me. I would like to see what you post brother.

Back