Not Just a Cohencidence (Mueller/Investigation Thread v.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the Trump cultlings?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/21/cat...p-paul-manafort-michael-cohen-are-felons.html

@waiguoren remind us how good Team Drump is doing again <Lmaoo>

KEY POINTS
  • It’s difficult to imagine a worse day in the presidency of Donald Trump than Tuesday.
  • In New York, former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty in federal court to eight felony counts of tax fraud, bank fraud and campaign finance violations.
  • Three hundred miles south, a jury found former Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort guilty of eight unrelated felonies: Five counts of felony tax fraud, one count of failing to report a foreign bank account, and two counts of bank fraud.

Are you asking me about political implications? Bottom line is that Trump is on course to be re-elected in 2020.

No amount of media spin ("catastrophic") will change that at this point. The media's trust rating is lower than Trump's approval rating. According to polling, only Democrats (not independents, not Republicans) trust the mainstream media.

Are you asking me about political implications? Bottom line is that Trump is on course to be re-elected in 2020.

No amount of media spin ("catastrophic") will change that at this point. The media's trust rating is lower than Trump's approval rating. According to polling, only Democrats (not independents, not Republicans) trust the mainstream media.
Yet Republicans trust Alex Jones?

What is technically the mainstream media? Republicans seem to have no issue trusting Fox News, despite it getting higher viewing numbers than the other networks.

Is mainstream code for “news I don’t like” or is there somehow a difference between those networks?

All cable news is trash for the record.

Was there anything they could really do outside of trying to discredit Gates on cross examination.

They're only hope was jury nullification and the fact they were able to get a hung jury on 10 counts makes it look like they did a good job at jury selection
As bad as the WR can be at times, I really couldn't imagine being in a room with a bunch of jurors trying to decide technical legal things using logic. Oh man.

How is Drump on course to win in 2020?

Plumps lil cronies are gonna sing because them getting pardoned would be ridiculous.

Also forget about "political implications" and start thinking about criminal ones.

Cohen is going to sing his heart out.

The Feds are going to lean hard on Manafort now, but I don’t think he’s talking. He knows that his Russian friends will do far worse things to him than prison.

I've got most of his stuff on the reading list still (V, Mason & Dixon, Gravity's Rainbow), read only Crying of Lot 49 and Inherent Vice and some other small stuff, but that's a fascinating character right there

Both of those were good starting points, along with Vineland.

If I jumped into Gravity's Rainbow without being familiar with some of his style and themes, I might have had a stroke.

This is it. Amirite, guys?

This is essentially you sticking your fingers in your ears and saying bla bla bla trump 2020 maga

LOL

You guys talking about re-election? Trump has to finish 2 years with what is looking like a Democratic house with subpoena power. If he lasts that I will admit the guy has staying power like I’ve never seen

What is technically the mainstream media? Republicans seem to have no issue trusting Fox News, despite it getting higher viewing numbers than the other networks.

Is mainstream code for “news I don’t like” or is there somehow a difference between those networks?

All cable news is trash for the record.
MSM certainly includes the main networks, ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN also the Washington Post and New York Times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back