Juror selection for the Martin Shkreli case is hilarious

Shkreli goes into pharmaceuticals. He either founded or was named head honcho of a pharma company. Said company buys the North American patent for a drug. Drug's price goes up like crazy. People hate him.

He also bought some Wu-Tang Clan exclusive as fuck (unheard songs, iirc) vynil saying he was going to burn it without listening to it.

He rustled the people's jimmies.
He also profited off the back of other people, including investors, and allegedly defrauded them. Like Trump, he never met a legal loophole he didn't exploit the fuck out of no matter how much it fucked over other people.

Tbf, that should be a criminal charge.

I'm going to start telling people to suck my Shkrelli the next time they piss me off. Or when fucking my wife, I'll be like "yeah, you like that Shkrelli deep in you?"

I know he's a total piece of shit, but he's also a hilarious troll. RIP farma bro.

should just let the Wu do all the shit to him they said in the begging of Method Man

"I'll fucking lay your nuts on a fucking dresser, Just your nuts laying on a fucking dresser And bang them shits with a spiked fucking bat"

Their doing it wrong. Just lie and say you can be fair then once the case goes to the jury... each juror will slowly look around the room with the same $hit eating grin this guy wore and have a nice laugh. They were all on the same wavelength so no words were actually necessary.

Order lunch.

Eat.

Sir we have our verdict.

Jury foreman wears a $hit eating grin.

Guilty.

Martin is a guy who i think gets the negative label he gets for the wrong reason. He's a 100% d-bag but not for his pharma practices.

People were so mad that he bought Epi pens and was messing with the price of life saving medications but the reality is he did the only thing that could keep a medication like that available. Epi pens were going to disappear completely because the price they were being sold it was a loss to the company. So the question becomes do you want to not have Epi pens or do you want someone to sell them to you at a profitable enough cost to be able to make them available still? Imagine having to draw up the correct dose of Epi while dying of anaphylaxis. (That's a joke... unless someone is there that knows you need it and what dose to draw up and give you are now dead). Overblown x100 for sure.

Also still a d-bag for other reasons.

There's a limit on how many potential jurors the defense can veto
but there is no limit for the judge.
That's why the pool is so large for the cases like this and why the voir dire process is so important

I couldn't be on that jury. Even if I didn't know who he was, I wouldn't want to be one of the people to set him free or to put him in the slammer.

Back