Locked JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM (Final Trailer Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: July 23, 2015

JURASSIC WORLD 2 Announced for 2018 with Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard Returning

Jurassic-World-Pratt-Howard-061915-Dragonlord.jpg

Universal has announced that a sequel to Jurassic World will be released on Friday, June 22, 2018. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will return to star. Jurassic World helmer Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, who did a rewrite on World, will write the script for the sequel.

Steven Spielberg will return to executive produce and Frank Marshall to produce. Trevorrow, who is not expected to return to direct, will also be an executive producer on the Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment sequel. The film currently has the 2018 date to itself.

Jurassic World, which opened in theaters in June, has been one of the biggest successes in the history of Universal. It is now the No. 3 domestic release of all time with $614.3 million, and the No. 3 worldwide release of all time. It's broken a slew of records, and has earned $1.5 billion worldwide to date.

'Jurassic World' Set for June 22, 2018; Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard Returning

Link to previous Jurassic World thread:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/j...-2018-becomes-no-3-movie-of-all-time.3003235/

JURASSIC WORLD 2 Sequel Officially Announced for 2018

Universal has announced that a sequel to Jurassic World will be released on Friday, June 22, 2018. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will return to star. Jurassic World helmer Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, who did a rewrite on World, will write the script for the sequel.

Steven Spielberg will return to executive produce and Frank Marshall to produce. Trevorrow, who is not expected to return to direct, will also be an executive producer on the Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment sequel. The film currently has the 2018 date to itself.

Jurassic World, which opened in theaters in June, has been one of the biggest successes in the history of Universal. It is now the No. 3 domestic release of all time with $614.3 million, and the No. 3 worldwide release of all time. It's broken a slew of records, and has earned $1.5 billion worldwide to date.

'Jurassic World' Set for June 22, 2018; Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard Returning

These fuckin people never learn do they?
Stop building dinosaur parks assholes!

Surely it won't be a theme park, but BD Wong will be a super villain and the dinosaurs will be militarized to a Blackwater/Xe type private military outfit that goes bad guy. Owen will be hired by Claire (now working for US Gov) to train the remaining JW theme park dino's to go fight the militarized Dino's.

Yeah, it's gonna suck. HARD. Greedy bastards should take their $1B+ profits and retire the franchise with an honorable ending.

JURASSIC WORLD 2 Sequel Officially Announced for 2018

I wonder if they're announcing it this early to discourage other big films from being released on the same night or even a few weeks after. JW was such a box office monster that it dissuade any studio from releasing a big blockbuster around the same time
I'm glad it's #3 of all time. Fun movie.
Same here, definitely more fun than Titanic and Avatar.

blurghhhhhhhhhhh

So they're bringing back Trevorrow and the other guy who helped write JW? Oh boy. :rolleyes:

Wonder why it did so well. It didn't seem like it had a huge amount of anticipation behind it. And it wasn't an amazing movie, just decent.

I wonder if they're announcing it this early to discourage other big films from being released on the same night or even a few weeks after. JW was such a box office monster that it dissuade any studio from releasing a big blockbuster around the same time

Probably. Not a lot of movies want/can go toe to toe with JW2, if it does the same as JW.

Same here, definitely more fun than Titanic and Avatar.

Not that hard though. Avatar is one of the most overrated movies ever IMO.

Probably. Not a lot of movies want/can go toe to toe with JW2, if it does the same as JW.
I'm not sure it will, I think part of what made JW so successful was the fact that we had15 years between JP movies and all the nostalgia for the first film. I'm not sure JW2 will have that same appeal.

Still, doesn't have to be as successful to be very successful
Not that hard though. Avatar is one of the most overrated movies ever IMO.
Agreed, I wonder how it made so much money. I've always suspected it was because of the IMAX/3D tickets which cost twice as much as regular tickets and were popular at the time for the movie.

I'm not sure it will, I think part of what made JW so successful was the fact that we had15 years between JP movies and all the nostalgia for the first film. I'm not sure JW2 will have that same appeal.

Still, doesn't have to be as successful to be very successful

Possibly. I think a lot of people who are disappointed in JW (nostalgic JP fans) won't go to see JW2, but the people who did like it will go regardless. So that's a drop.

However, if this movie will have a better story etc. and get more critical acclaim, those fans may give it a chance. Plus, if they bring back more stars from JP that could be a big boost. I'd like Goldblum or Neil to somehow return. But only if it fits in the story. Don't want to see a botched story for some fan service.

Agreed, I wonder how it made so much money. I've always suspected it was because of the IMAX/3D tickets which cost twice as much as regular tickets and were popular at the time for the movie.

Probably. Avatar was a novelty I think. People were amazed at the cgi, motion capture and 3rd shit I think. Blinded them for the fact that it was fairly predictable and average movie otherwise.

But then again, JW isn't a movie with a good story/acting either and it made 1.5 billion.

i enjoyed the movie, of course it wasn't as good as the originals, however i guarantee ill be watching the 2nd one

I hoped the sequel would be better, but I guess it will be the same level as this one.

If the right director comes along, he could execute the material perfectly and make it wonder. But until I get a name, my hope aren't super high.

Am I the only who thinks JW is the most entertaining movie of the year so far lol? It's everything a blockbuster should be and it's fun af. My fave of 2015

Look forward to the sequel!

No idea how it'll pan out though, in terms of storyline etc. How many times can an island theme park filled with dinosaurs go wrong before you decide to let it go?

Am I the only who thinks JW is the most entertaining movie of the year so far lol? It's everything a blockbuster should be and it's fun af. My fave of 2015

There have been "better" movies this year but I've yet to have more fun at the theatre than I did at JW. Loved it. Chris Pratt is great.

If the right director comes along, he could execute the material perfectly and make it wonder. But until I get a name, my hope aren't super high.
Agreed. I just wish Spielberg woul direct it. Wishful thinking though.

There have been "better" movies this year but I've yet to have more fun at the theatre than I did at JW. Loved it. Chris Pratt is great.

I guess people had higher expectations than a simple action flick. Something more like JP1. But I guess when you just expect an action movie with dinosaurs it wasn't that bad and even entertaining. But even for an action flick, it was held back by lame characters, mediocre action and forced, pointless drama.

Update: April 18, 2016

J.A. Bayona to Direct Universal's JURASSIC WORLD Sequel

J-A-Bayona-Jurassic-World-Sequel-Dragonlord.jpg

J.A. Bayona, the Spanish filmmaker who broke through with his gripping tsunami drama The Impossible, has signed on to direct the sequel to Jurassic World, Universal’s $1.6 billion-grossing juggernaut that relaunched the rampaging dinosaur franchise.

Colin Trevorrow directed the movie but won’t return to the director’s chair, as he is now working on Star Wars: Episode IX. However, Trevorrow is writing the script for Jurassic with his frequent collaborator Derek Connolly.

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are expected to return for the movie, which has a June 22, 2018 release date.

Bayona was courted by the Jurassic team last year but he had a holding deal with Paramount to direct a sequel to World War Z that prevented him from jumping ship. Paramount even hired a new writer on World War Z 2 to keep the momentum going. But in January Bayona officially left the Paramount project.

Bayona is now in post on A Monster Calls [watch trailer], his adaptation of the Patrick Ness book that stars Liam Neeson and Felicity Jones. Focus Features is releasing the movie Oct. 14.

'The Impossible' and 'A Monster Calls' Director J.A. Bayona Will Direct 'Jurassic World' Sequel

I just don't see a way they can make this sequel good. What story line can they think of that is different than the others but not to out in left field?

And BTW . Military dinosaurs sounds retarded to me to .Just have raw meat set out next to an IED. Take out the team of Raptors 10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back