Junk Food....the worst kind of drug.

Before the holidays I had a blood test which showed everything was fine but my triglycerides. I was up to 210, but was working out. I looked ok, but my clothes were getting tight. My portions were too big and the simple carbs were raising my tris. All I did was cut out junk, and replace it with good stuff. I cut portions by a quarter. I lost 15lbs in 2 weeks. Instead of chips, I had nuts. Instead of cereal I had oatmeal. I snacked on baby carrots and celery with lite ranch. Only drank water. Ate only whole wheat bread and pasta and cut it back. Ordered better while out. Everything is better...my strength, cardio, digestive system, energy....

You ever sucked dick for a Big Mac??

aac1f0a4-064c-41bf-b097-f4010563ca33.png

Usually, fast food addicts can keep a job and pay for their addiction, unlike most heroin or meth addicts.

Like most other things in the US, people don't seem to understand moderation.

People these days are too lazy and don't make enough time in order to cook a decent meal. They would rather hit up the drive thru or buy a bunch of hungry man meals in order to save 30 mins.

Food habits often ends up being hereditary so the only way to make a change is to break the cycle and do a better job when you get kids yourself. I always feel bad when I see fat parents out eating garbage and feeding their fat kids the same shit (though imo if you can't even take care of your own weight you shouldn't try to take care of children).

Luckily my parents could actually cook and weren't lazy enough to feed us a diet of junk food growing up.

It's a treat, not something to eat everyday.
I was just too poor growing up to get fast food and shit. And my mother had this real fat friend who would come over with bags of chips but yell at you if you asked for any :( hard life bruh

Forget teething, baby food is LOADED with extra salts and sugars. Our food supply is fucked from cradle to grave.

The fast food pandemic is a world wide phenomenon, not just here in the US.

Americans are just plain lazy and won't prepare their own meals.
I think its more about lack of information. People simply dont know what they are putting into their bodies and the effects of it. I know there is close to no education/information about it at all here in Norway in schools.

I really wish there was both a class about food/nutrition and personal finance in school for kids growing up. I dont know how it is in the US, but people have never had more debt then they have currently (debt that isnt mortgage).

I think its more about lack of information. People simply dont know what they are putting into their bodies and the effects of it. I know there is close to no education/information about it at all here in Norway in schools.

I really wish there was both a class about food/nutrition and personal finance in school for kids growing up. I dont know how it is in the US, but people have never had more debt then they have currently (debt that isnt mortgage).
Life Skills in 9th grade.

HFCS is fucked up and shouldn't be in any of our food/drinks

Life Skills in 9th grade.
You actually have that? Or is it a suggestion?

Because there is nothing like that in Norway, which I think is terrible. Especially considering how much time students spends on stuff that they will never, ever use like analyzing poems.

I lived in Japan and the children are taught from a young age the importance of a nutritional diet. I rarely saw a fat or obese person.

It's shitty for you, and contributes to myriad diseases. Like booze or weed, I just told myself that I dont do it, and stopped. Eventually the flora in your gut start craving different things. Now a vegetable and fruit smoothie gets me close to orgasm.

You actually have that? Or is it a suggestion?

Because there is nothing like that in Norway, which I think is terrible. Especially considering how much time students spends on stuff that they will never, ever use like analyzing poems.
Well I took it in the 9th grade as required by that school system. Taught about bank accounts, debt, interest, compounding interest.

Well I took it in the 9th grade as required by that school system. Taught about bank accounts, debt, interest, compounding interest.
Thats amazing. I think "Life skills" is extremely important and its something I will teach my children if I ever have any. Too many shitheads nowadays.

Thats amazing. I think "Life skills" is extremely important and its something I will teach my children if I ever have any. Too many shitheads nowadays.
I was fortunate enough to have some decent schooling and two parents that were both very capable with money. Probability isn't so kind to everyone. A few people flunked that class too!

Back