Junior dos Santos Cleared by USADA; Free to Fight Immediately

If they confirmed a supplement was tainted, why did he still have to accept a suspension?
Idk if anyone else has answered this but it's because fighters are still supposed to do their due diligence on the supplements they take and submit them for USADA testing to be sure they aren't tainted.

So he unknowingly took a tainted supplement and still got nicked six months, thats the kind of decision I expect from a stand up organization like the USADA. What a fucking joke.

I used to think that they were just trying to get a message out that fighters needed to be diligent and do their homework before taking anything. Then they fucked over Barnett. And yes, given his history, they should have been suspicious, but he got fucked over hard.

Make them sit out to investigate - I have no problem saying you couldn't let a guy fight because he might have been doping. If it's a level near the detection limit, sit on it until the investigation is complete, and either clear/warn them without announcing a provisional suspension, like they have with some clenbuterol positives, or give them an appropriate suspension. All fighters should document what they take, and take reasonable precautions to protect themselves though. There is, and should be, a reverse onus on a fighter once they fail a test, to show that no, they weren't doping. If they test for levels that clearly don't point to contamination, announce the provisional suspension right away like they are now.

edit - I am not, and don't claim to be an anti-doping expert. There could be huge flaws with what I just wrote, but I don't think the current system is working either.

josh wasn't fucked over. he was able to prove it and he didn't care how long it took since he retired before the test happened.

If they confirmed a supplement was tainted, why did he still have to accept a suspension?

Partially because they want to flush it out of the system so it doesn't crop up again and partially because you are still technically responsible for what you're putting into your body

Confirmed: Bribes have been paid and JDS may now return to compete as a "clean" athlete.

USADA gets funnier and funnier as it goes on whimsically destroying the careers of athletes with almost randomly enforced rules. Busted, unbusted, retro-active TUE for imaginary illness nobody knew about until you tested positive, etc.

Just admit the testing is screwing up product and go back to the far cheaper and equally ineffective fight-night testing.

so wrong.

You missed the part where they kept you in jail with no bail for ten months or whatever. And then the judge only sentenced you to six months.

DON’T TAKE ANY SUPPLEMENTS !

USADA warns them not to. So, I have no problem with fighters getting suspended. I’m not convinced they’re 100% innocent even if they have taken tainted supplements.

Find a supplement tainted with the PED of your choice. Then you’re free to cheat. And the most you get is a six month ban.

Pro athletes taking supplements, yeah right.

giphy.gif

bingo it proven how drity the supplement world is.

Suddenly Jones chances just went up. Interesting. I know already used the contaminated supplement bit but still leniency.

no.. jones chances have not gone up, or down with this decision.

jones cases is in no way even related to this

Glad to see you're still on here! Haven't seen you post for a bit.

Yeah, I was being a bit cheeky and hyperbolic, but I am frustrated with multiple fighters getting sidelined for 6+ months to sort out a supplements issue.

That and Cyborg's retroactive TUE from USADA wrecked my confidence in them. Are they worse than the commissions? Probably, not any worse, but man are they a burden on the fighters with their 24/7 invasiveness. The idea that you're permanently on the clock to faciliate randomized testing feels almost unconstitutional.

but they arent on the clock 24/7

overnight location, normal place or work, normal place of training, thats all they need to provide. basic and reasonable information to enable testing

and for what. even the most heavily tested got tested only once a month..

the vast majority of the roster gets tested 4-5 times a year, once every couple of months, at most.

no.. jones chances have not gone up, or down with this decision.

jones cases is in no way even related to this

You have no objectivity. Every post of yours is shitting on him. Let’s wait and see.

You have no objectivity. Every post of yours is shitting on him. Let’s wait and see.

what are you talking about.

how does this bear any relation to jones case whatsoever?

1. Substances - completely and utterly different. In the instance of the three brazilians its a diuretic, with jones its a steroid

2. Cause - With the case of all three brazilians they were able to pinpoint the exact source of the contamination. JOnes team despite testing 17 supplements were unable to find the source.

How do you somehow draw a similarity between three athletes who with the co-operation of law enforcement were able to prove that two pharmacies were responsible, and another athlete who has not managed to come up with a single peice of evidence to support how the turinabol got in his system?

So how, do you draw any relationship whatsoever between the two cases and think that this will have any bearingt whatsoever on Jones case.

It wont.

think about the two cases,.. and then come back to me about opjectivity

what are you talking about.

how does this bear any relation to jones case whatsoever?

1. Substances - completely and utterly different. In the instance of the three brazilians its a diuretic, with jones its a steroid

2. Cause - With the case of all three brazilians they were able to pinpoint the exact source of the contamination. JOnes team despite testing 17 supplements were unable to find the source.

So how, do you draw any relationship whatsoever between the two cases and think that this will have any bearingt whatsoever on Jones case.

How do you somehow draw a similarity between three athletes who with the co-operation of law enforcement were able to prove that two pharmacies were responsible, and another athlete who has not managed to come up with a single peice of evidence to support how the turinabol got in his system?

It wont.

The organization itself might show him some leniency. You have no way of knowing whether they will or not. Nobody knows. We will have to wait and see what they come down with. There is no law on the books that says they have to give him a four year suspension.

The organization itself might show him some leniency. You have no way of knowing whether they will or not. Nobody knows. We will have to wait and see what they come down with. There is no law on the books that says they have to give him a four year suspension.

why would they show lenience on jon jones just because three brazilians got caught out by a dodgy pharmacy in rio?

and it wont even be usada making that decision. its going to hearing.

So you stopped being a fan because you read something completely out of context on sherdog? Lmao some fan you are.

"I had no cuts against Cain Velasquez. And he hits like a girl. He hit me a lot during the five rounds, but did not open any cuts, although I was very bloated and had to go to the hospital," said Dos Santos, who was translated by Fighters Only magazine on their website.

IMG_7209.PNG

Back