JULY Super Fight night

Mmmmmmma1234

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm starting to get the feeling that the ufc and it's stars are all falling into line for their fight week ppv, we already know Cyborg and Nunes is basically done for this, DJ is finally onboard to fight TJ this lines up for the July card with his injury and training, AND a card they can bring in Conor Vs GSP headliner to crush records.
Conor v GSP (at ww, maybe catch weight, maybe LW title)
Cyborg v Nunes FW title
DJ v TJ Flyweight title

What does everyone think the odds of this are?

Eddie-Murphy-Is-Not-Sure-About-His-Approval-Head-Nod.gif

ZERO.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the ufc and it's stars are all falling into line for their fight week ppv, we already know Cyborg and Nunes is basically done for this, DJ is finally onboard to fight TJ this lines up for the July card with his injury and training, AND a card they can bring in Conor Vs GSP headliner to crush records.
Conor v GSP (at ww, maybe catch weight, maybe LW title)
Cyborg v Nunes FW title
DJ v TJ Flyweight title

What does everyone think the odds of this are?
Its not PRIDE dude, so zero.

Conor vs GSP?? You high buddeh?
Why would Conor destroy the image he have worked so hard for

Conor vs GSP?? You high buddeh?
Why would Conor destroy the image he have worked so hard for
money
I don't think Conor intends to fight too much longer, so if there's gigantic pay days involved, he'll likely put his image on the line for money, and risk losing to GSP, one of the greatest eva, isn't as big of a deal as losing to Diaz again or either Khabib or Tony.

money
I don't think Conor intends to fight too much longer, so if there's gigantic pay days involved, he'll likely put his image on the line for money, and risk losing to GSP, one of the greatest eva, isn't as big of a deal as losing to Diaz again or either Khabib or Tony.

that's far buddeh. See..the thing is whoever Conor fights is a big money fight, he can make non -ppv fighters to be the main event, doesn't matter if its gsp or other mid-tier fighters, Conor's name gonna ensure them a red panty night

The way they’ve been going I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jessica Eye as co-main...

You don't put Conor or GSP on a relatively stacked card, because you get more buys having them headline a different crap card.

That said, GSP came out of retirement TO fight McGregor, and was ringside to call out Conor after the first Diaz fight. When Conor screwed it up by losing, plans changed, scrambling happened, and GSP had to add weight to go to MW. Now that we've all learned his body isn't situated for MW, he'll drop back down and fight Conor (probably at 165).

That's also why Dana won't strip Conor. Conor will be announcing the fight soon and as part of that he'll drop the belt and say he's transcended belts and now if fighting for legacy.

Good call.
Now we know the headliner will be Stipe v DC, I was right that they're setting 3v3 champions tho.

that's far buddeh. See..the thing is whoever Conor fights is a big money fight, he can make non -ppv fighters to be the main event, doesn't matter if its gsp or other mid-tier fighters, Conor's name gonna ensure them a red panty night

Conor only cares about maximum money, while any fight nets him big money, vs gsp he's getting 2x his normal pay maybe more. And he can easily talk his way out of any destroyed image we'll see 100 catch phrases "I took a big Fookin risk" "GSP was a huge guy 7x his size" "GSP had to wrestle like a sissy instead of bang" "gsp the 1p4p and had alot more pounds" "the judges screwed conor, he won 3 rounds all gsp did was lay and prey and throw pillows"... I honestly believe that he doesn't loose 1 fan regardless of how gsp win theoretically.

You know that card already has a main event right?

Back