Julianna Pena: Rousey was not allowed to be hit in the face in camp, threatened with $1M lawsuit

Pat Barry does not appreciate this type of agreement.

"Rowdy" Ronda Lesnar.
That was the first thing I had to think about. We heard the same about Brock.

Also it's ridiculous to imagine someone sueing somebody for something like that. Is that really possible in the US?

You would get laughed at where I come from.

Not surprising, even Edmond knew she had a glass chin, can't have his payday ruined cause E Honda got KTFO in sparring.
Ronda has a lot of things, but a glass chin isn't one of them. Taking 20 significant strikes in a minute from the biggest puncher in the division doesn't exactly scream weak chin to me. Even Mcmann and Tate went down from far less punishment.

If this is true, this is embarrassing.

The tough thing about judging Ronda's career, is that it just seems fraudulent at this time.

You're not a real fighter if you cannot overcome adversity, even Floyd and Pernell Whittaker could take punches well, they just didn't get hit a lot because of defensive wizardry.

Sounds legit. Where's that gif where Edmond hits a mile away from her head?

I gotta admit, besides Tate (Who has handled herself quite professionally), Pena might have most right to bash Ronda..On show (correct me if wrong), didn't Ronda say something along the lines " she doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as you (talking to Shayna before Pena fight)"..
If I was a fighter, I'd elephant stamp that in my brain ...

Not surprising, even Edmond knew she had a glass chin, can't have his payday ruined cause E Honda got KTFO in sparring.
I'm no fan of hers but that jaw ain't glass, she took a lot of very heavy shots and didn't go out, she's a lot of things but weak jawed isn't one of them.

I gotta admit, besides Tate (Who has handled herself quite professionally), Pena might have most right to bash Ronda..On show (correct me if wrong), didn't Ronda say something along the lines " she doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as you (talking to Shayna before Pena fight)"..
If I was a fighter, I'd elephant stamp that in my brain ...
Yeah she did say that, and that would piss me off too. Pena did beat the shit out of Shayna though which must have been fairly satisfying.

Chael said Rhonda looked like she hadn't sparred at all before the Nunes fight so it makes sense.

Ronda looked completely shocked after the first few punches Nunes landed. she looked like she thought "what??? she can punch me in the face???? that is not how it was in sparring with Edmond!!!!".
not really that far fetched to think she has very little experience being hit in the face.

Im sure she is not getting pushed in sparring as much as she should to keep her confidence up. Im absolutley sure Lesnar was the exact same situation. Someone so high profile who achieved so much so early...their trainers have to keep their confidence up,and ride that as long as they can,so these fighters dont develop good survival instincts when they get their bell rung. Lesnar and Ronda both can absorb shots,but they dont react well. We've seen lesnar turn and run,and Ronda just didnt protect herself well enough. You heard edmund say head movement! and so on,so i believe they worked on it,but Ronda isnt used to digging deep after getting hit really hard. Its mostly a consequence of Ronda overachieving so early. She went something like 5 YEARS and is only running into this problem now. Which is a testament to her imo. And sadly its probably too late to fix it.
As far as Pena is concerned,she shouldnt be talking shit,has she had one exciting fight in her life? Maybe when she kicked the guy in the balls?

It was established a while ago (on here, anyway) that the non-disclosure agreement for sparring partners is fairly common with higher profile boxers/fighters.

people who spar with Pena make her sign a waiver telling her to not kick em in the balls

tumblr_nkl5nflNeF1t15smuo1_1280.gif

Juliana angle'ing for a Ronda fight after losing to Valentina

but she will likely face Raquel Pennington instead

That was the first thing I had to think about. We heard the same about Brock.

Also it's ridiculous to imagine someone sueing somebody for something like that. Is that really possible in the US?

You would get laughed at where I come from.
I'd imagine you could get sued for ignoring contractual agreements in your country, too. The situation (if true) is silly, but surely there's similar laws.

Back