Judo Olympian Renzo Gracie Black Belt Going to Be Competing In The Boston Area Sat. Fight To Win 44

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score

Here is a video of him in action he is now a Renzo black Belt he trains in the North Shore of MA with Pedro school. He is competing in Fight To Win Pro 44 VS Yuri Simoes.

Here is a video of him in action he is now a Renzo black Belt he trains in the North Shore of MA with Pedro school. He is competing in Fight To Win Pro 44 VS Yuri Simoes.

Yes, that's Travis Stevens. He's pretty good...

I think Travis is retired from IJF comps?

Odd title. It would be like saying 'Small forward who entered NBA directly from high school leads Cavs to NBA finals'.

Is this going to be gi or no gi?

Odd title. It would be like saying 'Small forward who entered NBA directly from high school leads Cavs to NBA finals'.
Lol. It's exactly like that. It's an odd title with odd references in the OP.

So I guess he Travis Stephens is telling the IJF to fuck off.

http://www.bjjee.com/articles/travi...-personally-doing-any-jiu-jitsu-competitions/

Too bad I can't watch this. Should be a good match. Yuri is a beast as well.

Not sure it has anything to do with the IJF. Probably more to do with Travis not having another Judo Olympic run in him. We all knew that would be his last. It takes so much to make it there. He's acomllished everything he wanted in Judo. Now he has other goals. I'm excited to see him dedicate himself to winning in JJ now.

Awesome. Both dudes are tough as hell. I hope Travis keeps competing in bjj and submission grappling events.

Did yuri really take travis down?

Yes, I only watched it live but I'm pretty sure it was this exactly. Travis did scramble right back up but it looked to me like Yuri would have scored, definatly advantage.

Edit- They both played wide open and pretty even, good match. Travis has a very dynamic, aggressive game. I hope he competes much more.

Yep...

Yes, I only watched it live but I'm pretty sure it was this exactly. Travis did scramble right back up but it looked to me like Yuri would have scored, definatly advantage.

Edit- They both played wide open and pretty even, good match. Travis has a very dynamic, aggressive game. I hope he competes much more.

Just watched it before. It was very close to that. Yuri didn't complete the drag at the beginning, Travis regained his balance, while Yuri basically tackled him after that.

Did yuri really take travis down?
Sort-of. at beginning of match Yuri staying out of range clearly looking to pull guard and Stevens viciously breaking grips any time he reached in. Stevens stepped in too far chasing and was caught out of position for the collar drag, but he popped up fairly quickly and eventually hit a beautiful counter throw. Stevens went for heavy over under and double under passing like in his Olympic matches, but surprisingly twice gave up good position to drop back for a kneebar and later a toe hold, which Yuri easily defended. Was interesting seeing Stevens play off his back-- his approach was basically to use an open half guard to scramble to turtle and other pass escape positions, and then look to counter with modified judo. I actually thought he won the match due to greater offense, but was a split decision either way. If he could translate his game to no-gi he'd be hard to beat under ADCC rules.

Back