Judo is scientifically more efficient and economical in motion than wrestling.

This is exactly why you see so many high level judokas rag dolling the few wrestlers in MMA. They are just that more efficient when there arent so many rules and regulations. Just constantly throwing guys and taking home the belt.
I remember when Sexyama fought Shields. Threw him around like a little dollie, but couldn’t do more than that.

well anything without a gi when sweat is involved its gonna be scrambly watch no gi matches today they end up becoming shitty wrestling matches
Lol what is it with judo and jj guys that makes them feel the need to talk shit on wrestling and equate it to a "horsepower", "strength based", "scramble" art.

Its fast paced, yes.
Wrestling can be violent as hell by comparison, yes.
But its got plenty of technical depth.
especially adcc the gi really slows things down without the gi u dont have those grips to control the pace as much

I just did a breakdown of the Judo used by Karo Parisiyan and man the throws he used were pretty efficient ! :) But he had spent a decade working on that timing.

thats the reason i dont try much judo stuff for mma cause like karate style kicks to get very good at them takes years vs other things obviously not technique is easy to learn and use but learning a good double leg or inside trip doesnt take as long as a harai goshi ect

Yep my school was old school. They even allowed leg locks.

Lol what is it with judo and jj guys that makes them feel the need to talk shit on wrestling and equate it to a "horsepower", "strength based", "scramble" art.

Its fast paced, yes.
Wrestling can be violent as hell by comparison, yes.
But its got plenty of technical depth.

I'm not a wrestler, but I agree. Seem a bit disingenous to suggest that wrestling is more about strength and power than technique. I've seen smaller guys ragdoll bigger guys with pure wrestling technique. Hell, Cain took down Brock with ease with a simple not muscled single leg. Plenty of technique in wrestling.

And while I respect the hell out of judo's contribution, modern judo doesn't even attack the legs. Neglecting 50% of the body. ;) So I'd say that Judo is more limited than wrestling. Sans submissions, wrestling is mroe complete than Judo.

:)

Back