Judo in Charlotte, NC?

TheKindSativah**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I've been bouncing around trying to decide what I want to train and where. on the 7th im going out to LA to train Judo with my dads friend that Ive known most my life. He's a high level BB who was an olympic trialist or some crazy shit. Ill be training judo 2 times a day for awhile out there. Problem is I live in NC and there isnt much in the way of judo that I know of. I wasnt able to find any charlotte judo gyms online but if anyone here knows of any please let me know.

If there isnt any good judo here i may just start BJJ. There is a new alliance BJJ gym about 10 minutes from my house that Im considering going to

Wow that seems to obvious for me not to have stumbled upon! lol

Thanks for the quick replay man

Too bad they are sponsored by the Matthews police :mad:. I live in matthews and those fuckers pulled me over, detained me illegally, searched my car, stole my money and xanax, and made me miss one of my college classes. Fuckers. Went to the station and asked for a form to file a complaint and they told me that such a thing didnt exist. /end rant.

Wont stop me from checking it out though.

Last edited:
Here is my problem with that place. from the looks of it its mostly young kids there. I dont see any pics of men training except for the couple BB there. Im 22 and I dont think I would like to be throwing little kids around..

Here is my problem with that place. from the looks of it its mostly young kids there. I dont see any pics of men training except for the couple BB there. Im 22 and I dont think I would like to be throwing little kids around..

It's a PAL dojo. It's meant for little kids. As you noted, the only adults are instructors.

Here's a better link:
http://www.belmontjudo.com/home.htm

They have separate kids and adult classes. When I was going there a few years ago there was usually 10-12 people at the adult classes, and most everyone was brown belt and up. They have one instructor who stops in every now and then that used to coach at the OTC. They also have visiting foreign judoka come in and train, I remember a member of the Australian national team stopping in for a few classes. To summarize, it's a small club but high quality.

I can vouch for Alliance. I've been training in Charlotte all summer, and it's a great group of guys. Good mixture of size, strength, and skill level, and Luis is a really good instructor. Even if you want to go with Belmont or CAJA, try a class at Alliance just to see.

Any reason why you're leaning toward Judo over BJJ?

I can vouch for Alliance. I've been training in Charlotte all summer, and it's a great group of guys. Good mixture of size, strength, and skill level, and Luis is a really good instructor. Even if you want to go with Belmont or CAJA, try a class at Alliance just to see.

Any reason why you're leaning toward Judo over BJJ?

More good replies thanks guys. This forum is much better than the heavies:icon_chee.

I want to try both before I start paying for a gym. I think im definitely going to check out alliance since it is so close to my home. I was thinking Judo just because i have this chance next week to train for free for a week or two.

Back