Judo Destroys BJJ

"Your enemy cant fight the hands if you choke him with his own goddamned hands"

- yoda

Jesus christ I've actually shook hands with Zieniawa and seen him in training

He used to train with some of my favorite sambo guys and absolutely schooled them

One of my favorite examples of polish training styles ever, and I'm typically that annoying sambo fan who claims sambo beats everything. Zieniawa would literally just twist your grip with his sinewy fingers and you would cry at the thought of applying your next hold
Funny thing, back when I trained with Zieniawa I wasn't even aware of the cult following that he has in the country and the Judo community. And he never spoke about his rank or accomplishments, was always very friendly and down to earth.

The guy looks like a frail old man but as soon as he grabs you - boy, you're in for a toss! He's got that Emperor Palpatine vibe going - you never know when that Sith Lightning is gonna strike! :D

Come to think of it, he does resemble Palpatine!

mistrz_judo_ryszard_zieniawa.jpg

(yeeeeeees, turn to the Dark Judo side!)

Funny thing, back when I trained with Zieniawa I wasn't even aware of the cult following that he has in the country and the Judo community. And he never spoke about his rank or accomplishments, was always very friendly and down to earth.

The guy looks like a frail old man but as soon as he grabs you - boy, you're in for a toss! He's got that Emperor Palpatine vibe going - you never know when that Sith Lightning is gonna strike! :D

Come to think of it, he does resemble Palpatine!

mistrz_judo_ryszard_zieniawa.jpg

(yeeeeeees, turn to the Dark Judo side!)

He's one of those guys who hides roughly 700 pounds of torque in his wrists

(1) A Two-Time Olympic judo champion can beat recreational blue belts in BJJ matches.

Uh... no shit?

Lol, exactly. The guy is an elite Judo black belt, not a recreational black belt, and probably 3rd or 4th Dan minimum. I think 3rd Dan / 4th Dan Judo black belts should compete at purple belt. They've probably had at least 15-20 years or so training, and maybe 20% of that on the ground.

According to flo the rapist judoka didn't even compete in adult blue belt but in masters.

Apparently Hidehiko Yoshida was a wizard on the ground. According to those that trained with him. He could legitimately tap many BJJ black belts.

He's one of those guys who hides roughly 700 pounds of torque in his wrists
Hey dude, we just spoke about Zieniawa a few months ago - I thought you'd be interested to know that he has recently been promoted to 9 DAN (!) which makes him the highest ranked Judoka in Polish history.

Source: http://www.pzjudo.pl/index.php?m=31&lg=pl&st=18

Such an honor to have trained under his tutelage, such shame I didn't start earlier and couldn't stay longer.

Hey dude, we just spoke about Zieniawa a few months ago - I thought you'd be interested to know that he has recently been promoted to 9 DAN (!) which makes him the highest ranked Judoka in Polish history.

Source: http://www.pzjudo.pl/index.php?m=31&lg=pl&st=18

Such an honor to have trained under his tutelage, such shame I didn't start earlier and couldn't stay longer.

Fuck yessssssssss

Back