Judo Destroys BJJ

Clickbaitish title but very interesting read, thanks.

I was trained by Polish Judo Olympic team coach Zieniawa in the past who also did seminars for BJJ clubs from time to time. No BJJ guy could ever escape his simple scarf hold, it was unbelievable to witness. None of his students were slouches on the ground and I'd bet on any legit blackbelt from his school to beat any local BJJ blue belt. Of course we're talking Europe where Judo is still more popular than BJJ, hence the talent pool for Judo is deeper.

(1) A Two-Time Olympic judo champion can beat recreational blue belts in BJJ matches.

Uh... no shit?

Jesus fucking Christ.

This has happened a ton before, of course it depends on the judo practicioner , yet you wrote a whole article of an Olympic Japanese judoka going vs blue belts? The Olympic Japanese judoka would of course Maul most of the blue belt population of this world...

These guys were no even world class competitors just from a local competition lmfao...

Lame.

If that happened in Brazil it would have been interesting, brazilians doing BJJ since a young age against brazilians doing judo since a young age.

In europe and north america, very few adults have learned BJJ at a young age, guys like me who started BJJ as an adult without any other grappling background will have a tough time against guys grappling since they are 4 years old in Judo or wrestling. So fighting guys at the Olympic level is just pointless.

tldnr: rapist with olympic medals beats up on blue belts, attention-seeker writes half-truth article with clickbaity headline.

giphy.webp

Final Conclusions: (1) A Two-Time Olympic judo champion can beat recreational blue belts in BJJ matches. At least, one such champion did so on November 26, 2017, and (2) não esqueça as pegas.

This was not the largest competition in japan but a small regional one. Although i don't think it would take long for a guy like that to adjust to bjj.

I was trained by Polish Judo Olympic team coach Zieniawa in the past who also did seminars for BJJ clubs from time to time. No BJJ guy could ever escape his simple scarf hold, it was unbelievable to witness. None of his students were slouches on the ground and I'd bet on any legit blackbelt from his school to beat any local BJJ blue belt. Of course we're talking Europe where Judo is still more popular than BJJ, hence the talent pool for Judo is deeper.

A sunk in scarf hold is very difficult to escape, so it shouldn't be surprising that a strong Judoka can do this during a demo. Getting the position is another story.

Lmao, poor blue belts. Of course an olympic champion judoka would maul a blue belt, they would probably destroy him after some hard tachi waza technique.

Anyone that thinks kesa gatame is easy to escape is in for a rude awakening when they go against someone that knows how to use the position well.
I started using scarf hold a lot since seeing Barnett submit Lister with it and practicing more judo, and I regularly get taps from pressure.

Thankfully that's just the title!

Because only in the competitions of BJJ it was worth many points today not.

In MMA competitions for a JUDO fighter to beat one of BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU only if he does Muaythai

<LucyBless>

So a world class athlete and Olympic Judo plus ex con beats a recreational BJJ blue, who is probably an accountant or holds some IT job. How is this even news?

Last edited:
So a world class athlete and Olympic Judo plus ex con beats a recreational BJJ blue, who is probably an accountant or holds some IT job. How is this even news?

Cause this guy is a hater

Click bait.

Judo does beat BJJ....

But only cause I like flying through the air better than rolling around in the gutter.

Truth be told train both and throw in 5 years of good striking to be well rounded.

Jesus christ I've actually shook hands with Zieniawa and seen him in training

He used to train with some of my favorite sambo guys and absolutely schooled them

One of my favorite examples of polish training styles ever, and I'm typically that annoying sambo fan who claims sambo beats everything. Zieniawa would literally just twist your grip with his sinewy fingers and you would cry at the thought of applying your next hold

Anyone that thinks kesa gatame is easy to escape is in for a rude awakening when they go against someone that knows how to use the position well.
I started using scarf hold a lot since seeing Barnett submit Lister with it and practicing more judo, and I regularly get taps from pressure.

I like when random idiots in world star fight comps accidentally apply it like drunken savants

Getting pesky BJJer in scarfold is the trick.

Throws help.

Back