Judge throws out case, says “In God We Trust” will stay on currency

We've moved past the wikipedia issue- didn't you notice? You're the one who has to quote it, so I accept your admission that I know more than you. Place that post back into your fingers, and then trim your nails. Then we can have another painful chat that you can't follow.
So you have no argument then, got it.

The intrinsic value of being a society that bases its actions on reason rather than superstition, such that it does not value the big lie so much in the first place. The value of the thing that could go there in its place- putting god on your money comes with an opportunity cost. The act of removing the phrase means that we've gone beyond the tipping point there. And being that it's a symptomatic and symbolic thing, it doesn't need constant attention and energy, but should be revisited now and then.
I'm happy to just put it to a vote.
People on many sides are making way too big of a deal about everything these days.

Good.

I'm sure this will be revisited again shortly; and again; and again.

Have some imagination. Powerful, intelligent men would have just used a different con to steer society.

You're completely missing the individual motivation drivin by faith.

Take Bach, the greatest composer and musician in history. He was an intensely devoted man who dedicated most of his work to god.

Look at all the sports stars, today, that thank god immediately in their interview.

The concept that some higher power is giving you the strength to endure is timeless.

So you're suggesting we go back to trading chickens for apples?

Come on dude, that's as stupid as some of the anarchist political philosophy.

I'm suggesting no such thing.

Don't be an ass.

So you have no argument then, got it.
Yo, Fundip, I'm the one who asked about what value we get by putting it on our bills. It's called a question. I remember because I asked it. This ain't your show, Elias. Go back and see how this started. Nobody has done a good job answering it, just wikipedia spamming.

How does having the word God on our money and pledge of allegiance a way of practicing our right to religious freedom? What about the people who don't believe in God. Or multiple GodS. That ruling is racist against Muslims, atheist, Buddhist and other religions with multiple Gods.

Yo, Fundip, I'm the one who asked about what value we get by putting it on our bills. It's called a question. I remember because I asked it. This ain't your show, Elias. Go back and see how this started. Nobody has done a good job answering it, just wikipedia spamming.
You need to make an argument as to why it would add value to remove it. It's already on all our currency.

How does having the word God on our money and pledge of allegiance a way of practicing our right to religious freedom? What about the people who don't believe in God. Or multiple GodS. That ruling is racist against Muslims, atheist, Buddhist and other religions with multiple Gods.
You lost me at racist.

You need to make an argument as to why it would add value to remove it. It's already on all our currency.
No, I don't. You don't get how asking questions works. This is not a debate or a court case. I'm hoping somebody can give a reasonably intelligent answer.

But that's not a positive argument for the position, so it looks like you're just declining to discuss it, and quoting wikipedia in lieu of braining.

How is it not an argument for the position? I just finished quoting a position for the argument. How am I not discussing it? How many posts have we exchanged on this subject? Wikipedia, man's ultimate place for knowledge. :)

Americas god is money. Its fitting. It probably shouldnt be on there but I really dont have the energy to get mad about it

This won't matter once we all have to take on the mark of the beast to pay for goods and services.

Back